Mo clinic for vaulters and coaches???

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, South Dakota, and North Dakota

Moderators: rainbowgirl28, Decamouse

jeffschu
PV Beginner
Expertise: High school Coach

Mo clinic for vaulters and coaches???

Unread postby jeffschu » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:57 pm

Is there a way to have a clinic for coaches and vaulters?? I have been thinking about this for a long time. As I look we have some of the best resorces that are not being used. Lane Lohr in ST L, Todd Cooper Excelsior Springs, Brian Schiding Mo Southern, Jeff Hartwig, Don Knapp Rolla. How could we as coaches get something going? I think it would be great for this event, for our students, and coaches that want to make a comeback. How can we get something like this going for our state. Again this is just an idea

Hickman
PV Wannabe
Expertise: High School Coach, Former College Valuter, Former High School Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 13-2

Re: Mo clinic for vaulters and coaches???

Unread postby Hickman » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:02 am

Check out http://www.mtccca.org they have a great coaches clinic each winter in Columbia for all aspects of track. I will be there on Friday for the vault session.

A vault clinic would be a great idea but no one works for free anymore other than the H.S. coach. Like Cooper, according to his website you can learn from him for a price and my guess all the other coaches are the same. So we would have to see how many coaches would be will to pay to get some of the ones to mention in one place. Would we be talking $100 or 200 a person for the weekend and two or three of the coaches?

Let’s open this up to and start a list
HOW MANY OF YOU WOULD BE WILL INTRESTING IN GETTING SOME OF THESE MEN IN THE SAME ROOM?
Name:
School:
Coach or Athlete:
Who would you like to get:

gtc
PV Whiz

Re: Mo clinic for vaulters and coaches???

Unread postby gtc » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:38 am

Jeff,

What exactly did you have in mind when you said a clinic for athletes and coaches?

I have always allowed, actually encouraged coaches to come with their athletes to camps. (free)
And many coaches will come and observe their kids on a weekly or monthly basis that jump in club sessions.

Many times I will have a coach that will get all his kids together and we will do a clinic just for those kids and the coach.

I am putting together a date probably in February for a one day Coaches clinic at my place. (3 to 4 hours)

Keep brainstorming guy's this is exactly the type of things we need.

Hickman, I will be at the coaches clinic in December, I will have a booth set up! Drop by and we can chat.

Todd Cooper

Return to “North and Central Regions”