NEW School Records and No PUB

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, South Dakota, and North Dakota

Moderators: rainbowgirl28, Decamouse

jeffschu
PV Beginner
Expertise: High school Coach

NEW School Records and No PUB

Unread postby jeffschu » Fri May 01, 2009 11:28 am

I just want someone to know that our Girls PV record was broke last week at a jump of 9'3. It was wild, she cleared 9'3 then they measured it( looked really LOW) it was 8' 11, then cleared 9' then 9'3. The guy running the vault that the tape measure out and tied to the pit but it was off by 2 feet!!! He also had my boy marked for a miss on a run through. You need to have people who know the sport run the event. Another thing our paper has not said a word about it, I blame our head coach, the 4x100 was broke too all at the same meet and no pub. this is a great boad and site, I dont post a lot but I learn a lot. you guys and gals care about the success of everybody. I rock the PVP shirts at meets and tell my vaulters to get on line for any ideas I dont get or see.

VaultPurple
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, College Coach, Pole Vault Addict
Favorite Vaulter: Greg Duplantis

Re: NEW School Records and No PUB

Unread postby VaultPurple » Fri May 01, 2009 2:01 pm

Congrats on all the good progress.

but...
He also had my boy marked for a miss on a run through.
Do you mean he was doing a warm up jump run through, or he just ran under the crossbar, stoped befor he jumped, ect. Cuz if you just run through and go under the bar its a miss.

jeffschu
PV Beginner
Expertise: High school Coach

Re: NEW School Records and No PUB

Unread postby jeffschu » Fri May 01, 2009 6:20 pm

from what my vaulter told me the bar was not even UP. It was a mess.

Return to “North and Central Regions”