PRAIRIE PORT STREET VAULT

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, South Dakota, and North Dakota

Moderators: rainbowgirl28, Decamouse

firstand10
PV Wannabe
Expertise: former college vaulter,current HS/Jr. college coach
Lifetime Best: 15'

PRAIRIE PORT STREET VAULT

Unread postby firstand10 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:41 pm

THE 2009 PRAIRIE PORT STREET VAULT IS SET FOR JULY 25, 2009.
MAIN STREET (HWY 77)EL DORADO, KANSAS
REGISTRATION STARTS AT 2PM
MORE INFORMATION TO COME AT A LATER DATE

Event starts a 2 on main street in downtown El Dorado, Kansas. The event is in the center of all festival activities. El Dorado has a 4 day festival, Thurs-Sun.
Huge crowd, live music, 144' raised board runways. Down hill slop, supper fast runway!!!!!! We will have the runways side by side one for high school and under. The other for college and above athletes. Great crowd participation.

kev44000
PV Pro
Favorite Vaulter: Jack Whitt & Mark Hollis

Re: PRAIRIE PORT STREET VAULT

Unread postby kev44000 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:28 pm

Any more info on this event. Starting times. etc

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:07 pm

http://www.eldoradotimes.com/news/x1543 ... airie-Port

Street vault returns to Prairie Port
Advertisement
By Julie Clements
El Dorado Times
New! Thu Jul 23, 2009, 09:39 AM CDT
Print This Print This |
ShareThis
El Dorado, Kan. -

The Prairie Port Street Vault will be returning to Prairie Port for a second year Saturday.
Brooke Demo, organizer and pole vaulter, said she is excited about this year's event.
"The community has been very supportive as we've been going out and trying to get sponsors," she said. "I think it will be a great event for the pole vaulters and the community."

There will be an open competition at 3:30 p.m., held downtown on Main Street.
Then from 6:30 to 10:30 p.m. will be the college/elite high school vault competition, also on Main Street.

She encouraged everyone to come out.

"I think it's something people don't get to watch very often," Demo said. "We put on an entire event with music and announcers informing people what pole vault is about. It will be a fun time for everybody."

It also is an opportunity for people to see El Dorado High School State pole vault finishers Jaimie House and Ashley Leckliter compete.

Participants can register online at www.prairieport.com or register beginning at 2 p.m. Saturday.
It is open to experienced pole vaulters ages 8 and up.

The cost is $35 and includes a Prairie Port button, jumps and t-shirt. People must register and sign a waiver prior to vaulting.

For more information, contact Travis Wyss at 208-3859 or traviswyss@hotmail.com. College athletes can contact Brooke Demo at 322-3998.

kev44000
PV Pro

Unread postby kev44000 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:35 am

This was one of the coolest street vaults i have ever seen. Hundreds of people. There was around 50 vaulters. Live band, tons of free stuff. I hope they post results. I do know Jordon Scott from Kansas won 1800.50 and Jack Whitt second at 17.06 he was over 18.0050 three times. He was looking very good. Jack loaned Jorden a pole for the winning jump. It started at 3 pm and ended at midnight. There were still tons of people there. They put on a first class show.

firstand10
PV Wannabe

Unread postby firstand10 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:43 am

Does that mean you will be back next year Kevin? I will post some video when I figure out how to do it.[color=#40FFFF][/color]

kev44000
PV Pro

Unread postby kev44000 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:40 am

Yes
Last edited by kev44000 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:06 pm

http://www.eldoradotimes.com/sports/x59 ... ting-title

Scott leaps over 18 feet to capture festival pole vaulting title
By John CurtisJordan Scott clears the bar at 18 feet-0 1/2 inches on his final attempt to close out the Prairie Port Street Vault on Main Street in downtown El Dorado. Scott, who competes for the Kansas Jayhawks, was able to beat 28 other participants in the elite division of the event.
Photos

By John Curtis
El Dorado Times
Mon Jul 27, 2009, 12:19 PM CDT

El Dorado, Kan. -
Some of the area’s top college and high school pole vaulters competed in and celebrated their sport Saturday in the Second Annual Prairie Port Street Vault.
The elite competition brought out champions in men’s and women’s pole vaulting.
Kansas Jayhawk senior-to-be Jordan Scott closed out the festivities by clearing the bar at 18 feet-0 1/2 inch on his final attempt to win the overall title.
Scott thought he hadn’t cleared the bar as he pushed up into the nighttime air, but the bar stayed put as he fell back down to earth.
“I thought I had knocked it off, but it’s nice that it stayed up there,” Scott said.
Scott, a three-time Big 12 indoor champion in the pole vault, said he ran a shorter distance to the pit than he normally would in collegiate meets, but it didn’t affect his performance.
“Vaulters have different lengths to approach and you have a lot of variables,” Scott said. “This is just for fun, and a short distance takes out some of the risk.”
This year’s street vault went a lot better than last year — which was stopped due to rain that hit the area at the start of the elite division.
It was hosted by Brooke Demo, the El Dorado High and Wichita State women’s pole vaulter who will be an assistant coach for the Oregon Ducks in the 2009-10 season. Demo cleared 13 feet to claim the women’s division title.
Twenty-nine competed in the elite division of the meet that started just after 8 p.m. and didn’t finish until 11:30. Among those who competed included the duo of Jaimie House and Ashley Leckliter, the Class 4A girls pole vault champion and runner-up, respectively; Gardner-Edgerton’s top three vaulters who finished first through third in Class 5A (Isaac Mallory, Casey Bowen and Kyle Wait); Bishop Carroll state 5A champion Alyssa Northcutt; and several high school and collegiate vaulters from Kansas, Oklahoma and Missouri. 

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:15 pm

http://www.eldoradotimes.com/news/x6407 ... mmer-event

Pole vault organizers planning summer event

By Julie Clements
El Dorado Times
Posted Feb 22, 2010 @ 09:43 AM
El Dorado, Kan. —
Organizers of the pole vault competition held during Prairie Port last year are making plans to hold a stand-alone pole vault event this year.

Organizers had asked the city for permission to use the 100 and 200 blocks of North Main, where it was held last year, which would require the city to shut down traffic to Main Street.

City Manager Herb Llewellyn brought up the issue to the El Dorado City Commission at their meeting last week to get their input.

It was agreed to suggest they use either First or Second Street so as not to have to close Main.

firstand10
PV Wannabe

Unread postby firstand10 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:16 am

THE EL DORADO STREET VAULT WILL TAKE PLACE IN 2010!!! WE WILL HAVE THE STREET VAULT AGAIN THIS YEAR, IN EL DORADO, KANSAS, ON MAIN STREET. THE DATE TO MARK ON YOUR CALENDARS IS SATURDAY, JULY 24TH. THE APPROXIMATE START TIME IS 11AM.

Last year was a huge success. We are anticipating several vaulters again this year. We will have to limit the comp to 75 vaulters so please watch for more information on registration for the 2010 El Dorado street vault.
thanks,
Coach Wyss

firstand10
PV Wannabe

Unread postby firstand10 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:45 am

Here are a couple pictures form 2009. http://www.vaultunited.com/profile.php?user=coacht

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:21 pm

Does anyone know if this event is happening this year?

firstand10
PV Wannabe

Unread postby firstand10 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:41 pm

Yes we are having it! the name has changed to El Dorado street vault (El Dorado, Kansas). July 24th 2010, start time for session 1 approx. 11am, session 2 3:00pm, elite session 7pm -10pm. contact Travis Wyss @ traviswyss@hotmail.com or 316-208-3859 or add me on facebook, we have info posted there as well.

Return to “North and Central Regions”