Pole Vault Camp @ Minnesota State March 7&8

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, South Dakota, and North Dakota

Moderators: rainbowgirl28, Decamouse

mkolb1
PV Beginner
Lifetime Best: 18-3

Pole Vault Camp @ Minnesota State March 7&8

Unread postby mkolb1 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:33 pm

Contact Coach Matt Kolb 507-271-3626

Or for Flyer e-mail at mkolb1@isd77.k12.mn.us

Elevation by Determination Camp
Since 1987, Coach Matt Kolb has helped recruit and organize various vaulting camps including the Don Hood World Class Pole Vault Camps, Jan Johnson's Sky Jumpers Vault Camps and the UCS Vault Camp at West Point, New York. Coach Kolb has now been bringing his pole vaulting knowledge, athletic ability and coaching expertise together to start the Elevation by Determination Camp at Minnesota State University, Mankato for the past seven years.

Elevation by Determination Philosophy
Coach Kolb and his staff take great pride in teaching the athletes a safe progression of skills and drills. Each athlete will be placed in a group based on ability and experience. The safety of your child is the number one concern at this camp.

Program
The Elevation by Determination Camp program will consist of three daily sessions with athletes working in groups based on ability. The training will focus on Phase I of the vault with a variety of drills. Some of the activities included in the daily sessions will be underwater vaulting, gymnastics, imitative exercises, videotape analysis, speed and strength testing and age group competitions.

Eligibility
Male and female pole vaulters, ages 12 and up that have any desire to learn proper vault technique and a school physical.
*Please send a current physical with your registration.

Costs
Commuters only for spring camp-- $225.00 [includes all instructional activities, 2 meals/day and booklet]

Lodging
Lodging for the spring camp is on your own.

Registration
A check for $125.00 down payment should accompany the registration form. The balance of the camp fee will be due at check-in. Participation in the camp is available on a first come, first serve basis.
**Refunds subject to a $50 processing fee. No refunds after March 1st, 2009. No refunds if dismissed for disciplinary or injury reasons.

What to bring
Each vaulter should bring his/her own helmet, poles, shoes, spikes, shorts, sweats, swim suit, towels, toiletries, alarm clock, tape and extra spending money. [Arrangements can be made to borrow poles, but it is best if you can bring your own]

Coaching Education Program
Coaches who participate in the camp, either as a
Participant or registered observer ($100.00 commuter), will receive an Official Elevation by Determination Pole Vaulting Camp Coaches Certificate for clock hours (teaching).

Check-In
Spring Camp-- should check in between 10:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. at MSU, Mankato--Bud Myers Indoor Track Complex.

Departure
The final day of the camps will include a competition at the Bud Myers Field House which will begin at 9:30 a.m. Families are encouraged to attend. The camp will come to a close at the end of the competition (2:00-3:00) and athletes are asked to please have their transportation planned accordingly.

Bud Myers Field House Minnesota State University -Stadium Road, Mankato, MN [When entering Mankato, follow the signs to Minnesota State University]

Application
Mail application, physical exam, payment and parental consent forms to:

Matt Kolb
405 North Fifth Street Apt. 512
Mankato, MN 56001

Contact MATT KOLB:
Cell # (507) 271-3626
Email: matthew.kolb@mnsu.edu

Matt Kolb is an authorized dealer of UCS Spirit poles and equipment. To order poles, pits hurdles, etc. E-mail Matt your order.

Name______________________________ M__F__

Address____________________________________

City___________________ State____ Zip________

Home Phone________________________________

Cell Phone__________________________________

School___________________________ Grade_____

Best Vault________ Grip________ Pole__________
ex. 13’-0” 13’-2” 14’-160lbs.
E-mail_____________________________________
Make checks payable ($125.00 down payment) to:
Matt Kolb $100.00 Due at check in.
-You make hotel arrangements for spring camp.

Optional T-Shirt Size S - M - L – XL $10.00

Parental Consent / Participant Wavier
I herby grant permission for my child to attend the Minnesota State Elevation by Determination camp. I verify that my child has had the physical exam in the past year and is capable to participate in the activities related to the clinic. I agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend Matt Kolb, Elevation by Determination, Minnesota State, and/ or their agents or employees from any and all liability for injury to my child, as well as any injury or damage caused by my child. Should medical treatment for my child be necessary, I hereby authorize any physician or trainer selected by camp personnel to order and conduct medical or surgical procedures necessary. In addition, I hereby grant permission for Elevation by Determination to use any photography or video tape of related camp activities for advertising or educational video materials.

Health & Accident Insurance Company:

Company___________________________________
Policy
#_________________________________________

Guardian Signature and Date ____/____/____
ELEVATION BY
DETERMINATION™
POLE VAULT CAMP

“The Highest Pole Vaulter in Minnesota’s History”
- Personal Record of 18’- 3”

Matt Kolb—The Athlete
MSHSL Athlete: All-State Gymnast, All-State Swimmer, State Pole Vault Champion and Record Holder 15’-1.5” in 1982. MSU Athlete: Indoor Vault Record Holder 17’-7.75”, Outdoor Record Holder 17’-1”, Seven-Time Conference Champion, Two-Time Div. II All American and 1986 Div. I All -American,
Three-Time USA Nationals Qualifier, 1987 USA Olympic Festival Bronze Medalist.

Matt Kolb—The Coach
“Over 25 years of experience coaching junior high athletes to World Class Pole Vaulters.”

Mankato West High School
13 Conference Champions
10 Section Champions
15 State Qualifiers
State Pole Vault Champs (1984, 1998, 2002, 2003)
Minnesota All-time Freshman Record 14'-3" (2008)

Minnesota State University, Mankato
Twenty- Nine (29) Men and Women All-Americans.
Five NCAA Champions and Record Holders –
Male (1995),
Female (2004) (2005) (2007) (2008).
USA Natioal Qualifier (2007)
Olympic Trials Qualifier (2008)
All Time MSU
Women List Men List
14' - 1.75” 17'- 7.75"
13' - 4.75” 16' -10.5”
13' - 0.25” 16' - 7”
12' - 6.25" 16' - 5.25”
12' - 3.75" 16 - 4"