Need/have extra padding in Kansas?

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, South Dakota, and North Dakota

Moderators: rainbowgirl28, Decamouse

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Need/have extra padding in Kansas?

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:43 pm

This Is my new project. In early October a vaulter from Hutchison KS went out the back of the pit and suffered a severe head injury. This is not the first time this has happened in KS. With the increased pit requirements there are a lot of old pits around. Let's put them to good use! I am making it my project..."The Pole Vault Safety Zone" to collect old pits and redistribute them section by section. One section from an old pit in the back of the new pits will greatly increase the safety of the vault. If you know of any pits or pit section available please let me know. Help me spread the word. I will buy any old pits and donate a section to your school. If you need a section, let me know...I will do my best to get it to you. If you know a school who does not have the back of their pit protected, please tell me...I will make sure to get them some padding. There is no reason to allow another one of our kids to get hurt! Help me with this project, Please. Send me names of coaches, AD"s, vaulters...anyone who has pits, or needs sections. Let's not let anymore pits go unprotected out the back side!!!!!!!

Mark Breault

Return to “North and Central Regions”