Liliana Koszewski Injured In Hit and Run (WI)

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, South Dakota, and North Dakota

Moderators: rainbowgirl28, Decamouse

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Liliana Koszewski Injured In Hit and Run (WI)

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:31 am

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/25638444.html

Teenagers Injured In Hit and Run
Lauren Leamanczyk
WAUWATOSA - Two 17-year-old girls are recovering from their injuries after a driver hit them and then drove away.

The accident happened Sunday evening on Mayfair Road just south of Hampton. Wauwatosa Police are asking for the public's help to locate the driver.

Liliana Koszewski was one of the girls hit by the car. She was hospitalized for five days following the accident. Now she is trying to recover from broken bones, bruises and nerve damage in her elbow.

Her injuries are frustrating to a high school senior who is a champion pole vaulter, a violinist, and an actress.

"It changed my whole senior year," she told Lauren Leamanczyk. "I mean a lot is going to be taken away from all my friends and me. There were four kids there, traumatized now."

Liliana's family is grateful to police officers who are working the case. But they are begging the public to come forward if they have any information. "Make sure that we live in a world where you can't just hit someone, knock them over and leave them injured or even dead," said Larry Koszewski, Liliana's father.

Witnesses say the car was small and dark colored. The sideview mirror and front tire are what struck Lilli. Police have recovered several pieces of that mirror and are using it to try to locate the car.

Liliana is still having a hard time coping with what happened to her and her friends. Still, she is determined to recover from the accident and maybe even pole vault again come spring.

Return to “North and Central Regions”