St. Louis / St. Charles Pole Vault Explosion - Street Vault

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, South Dakota, and North Dakota

Moderators: rainbowgirl28, Decamouse

pitchervy
PV Wannabe

St. Louis / St. Charles Pole Vault Explosion - Street Vault

Unread postby pitchervy » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:05 am

Posting for Mark.....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I hope things are going well for everyone. Most of all I hope everyone had a good track season even though it was a wet one and you were able to vault high. The reason for my e-mail is to let everyone know that YES, we are having the Pole Vault Explosion this year! It will happen again on the St. Charles Riverfront during the Riverfest on Saturday, July 5th. I apologize for not letting you know sooner, but I just got married on June 14th and was on my honeymoon all last week. Both Jayne and I have been pretty busy getting everything together for the wedding, moving into a new place, and planing our honeymoon trip to Puerto Rico.

If you are interested in coming to this year's event, please visit www.polevaultexplosion.com. The site has been recently updated with new information. On the registration page, there is a form you can fill out with your information. Something that I am excited about this year is that if you register NOW, you can choose any color t-shirt you like, in the size you want and you are guaranteed a shirt! Remember that you must be a USATF member in order to participate for liability purposes. Please visit their website to become a member if you are not one already at www.usatf.org.

You are the ones who make the event great. I just love to see all the vaulters from across the country coming together to do what we love to do and have a great time. It is also nice to have the activities of the Riverfest tied to the event as well. Hopefully it is something that your entire family can come and enjoy. Especially the fireworks after the elite competition! Speaking of which, I am sure you know, this is an Olympic year with a lot of excitement about Track and Field. The Olympic Trials are in Eugene Oregon from June 27th through July 6th. Unfortunately the elite women will be trying to make their Olympic dream come true during the Pole Vault Explosion. However, the men will have jumped already the weekend before. As of right now, we planning on having some of the Olympic hopefuls on the men's side come to the Explosion after the trials!!! Prize money will be awarded to the top vaulters in the elite competition.

I really hope to see everyone at the PVX. I think it is going to be a great event this year and a lot of fun. I, along with the amazing group of volunteers that help make the event happen, will be doing everything we can to make this year's event a success.

Talk to you soon,
Mark

AVC Coach
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Current Coach (All levels)
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Miah Sanders

Unread postby AVC Coach » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:55 am

We always look forward to this meet! :yes: Great atmosphere, great people! Not to mention that my kids love staying in a motel right next to "Bass Pro Shop"! ;)

RidinHigh
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter/Still Jumping
Lifetime Best: 5.05
Favorite Vaulter: Jeff Hartwig

Unread postby RidinHigh » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:20 pm

I can't wait...this is my favorite event of the year and everyone always has a great time! I hope everyone can make it out to jump high on the river front.
Pole Vault Explosion- July 4th, 2009 St. Charles, Missouri
PoleVaultExplosion.com

1yeldud1
PV Pro

Unread postby 1yeldud1 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:41 pm

Any word on the land that the vault has always been held on ???? Will Mark and the crew have to move the location due to flood waters ???? If possible give us a "heads-up" so we can plan for the new location if the meet has to be moved !!!! Congrats on the wedding Mark and Jayne !!!!!!!

AVC Coach
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Current Coach (All levels)
Favorite Vaulter: Miah Sanders

Unread postby AVC Coach » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:07 pm

Talked to Mark yesterday and he assured me that the river banks next to the festival were fine. Good times, fast runways, nice tailwinds!

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:32 am

1yeldud1 wrote:Any word on the land that the vault has always been held on ???? Will Mark and the crew have to move the location due to flood waters ???? If possible give us a "heads-up" so we can plan for the new location if the meet has to be moved !!!! Congrats on the wedding Mark and Jayne !!!!!!!

I was just out in St. Charles 2 weekends ago for Mark and Jayne's wedding and the St. Charles waterfront was holding up pretty well. The river was high but not nearly as high as it was over in downtown St. Louis. It wasn't affecting any riverfront activities.

1yeldud1
PV Pro

Unread postby 1yeldud1 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:40 pm

Becca, How did that "pole vault" wedding turn out - any pole runs down the isle or possibly a color guard bearing pole vault poles ??? LOL

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:49 pm

1yeldud1 wrote:Becca, How did that "pole vault" wedding turn out - any pole runs down the isle or possibly a color guard bearing pole vault poles ??? LOL

The bride and groom passed under the poles and they were then carried (with a proper pole carry) down the aisle by two of the users.

1yeldud1
PV Pro

Unread postby 1yeldud1 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:34 pm

I had talked to Mark about a week before the wedding and he said the wedding might include a pole vault "touch" !!!!! :D Thanks for the first hand reporting of the festivities !!!!!!!!

RidinHigh
PV Pro

Unread postby RidinHigh » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:36 pm

There was even some "lawn vaulting" done during the photos after the wedding!
PoleVaultExplosion.com

pitchervy
PV Wannabe

Unread postby pitchervy » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:52 pm

UCS Spirit and Pole Sales-STL are once again providing a pole to raffle off during the event. The raffle winner can select any length & weight UCS Spirit pole of their preference. Tickets will be $5 for one or $20 for five.

RidinHigh
PV Pro

Unread postby RidinHigh » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:34 pm

Hey Everyone I just spoke with Mark and he would like everyone to know that he is sending in the shirt order tonight. If you are competing and would like a shirt the day of the competition, you need to register on the website ASAP! I hope everyone can read this and get it done in time! See everyone on Saturday!
PoleVaultExplosion.com

Return to “North and Central Regions”