2007 Pole Vault Explosion 7/4/07 St. Charles, MO

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, South Dakota, and North Dakota

Moderators: rainbowgirl28, Decamouse

RidinHigh
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter/Still Jumping
Lifetime Best: 5.05
Favorite Vaulter: Jeff Hartwig

Unread postby RidinHigh » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:32 pm

I was just down there tonight setting up and it seems to be that the opening group will start at 9-9:30 and the rest of the groups will be decided upon how the pace is going. This year it will definitly not be as rushed especially since there are going to be 2 pits running the whole time. The elite are now scheduled to have a competition start time of 6-6:30. With all of this information I would guess the "college division" start time to be somewhere around 1. Don't hold me to that though...that is just my best guess.
Pole Vault Explosion- July 4th, 2009 St. Charles, Missouri
PoleVaultExplosion.com

theczar
PV Follower
Expertise: Coach/Former College Athlete
Lifetime Best: 17'1"

Unread postby theczar » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:40 am

ok thanks :yes:

theczar
PV Follower
Expertise: Coach/Former College Athlete
Lifetime Best: 17'1"

Unread postby theczar » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:23 pm

I got this in an email, so it copied funny, but here is the schedule and list of entries:

[quote]
Dear Vaulters,
Here is a list of competitors that have signed up for the Pole Vault Explosion as well as a tentative
schedule. If there is any information that is incorrect, please let me know. Also, if you are not in any
of the groups and have sent me an email in the last day or two, figure that you are in one of the groups
that match your PR. The times on the schedule are approximations. We may have to speed up the
competition because of the possibility of rain Wednesday evening. The groups are based on Opening
Heights and Personal Records. They are also set so that the event is more efficient, but most of all, so
that the vaulters will have fun and be jumping with other people of similar ability. If you have any
major reservations or issues with the group that you are in because of traveling or other schedule
conflicts, please let me know. I also want to warn you that the St. Charles Riverfest Parade may be
going on depending on the time you arrive. It is scheduled to start around 10am. They may have one
of the roads blocked Drive safely on your way here. I will try to get some signs up to show you where
to go. I cannot wait to see everyone here in St. Charles on the 4th!

NOTICE: I have just found out that Fox 2 News Morning Show will be out at the PVX from 6am to
8:30am. There is a silly news guy that is going to try to pole vault! If you want to be on TV, show up
just a little earlier before registration, especially Women's Group I and Men's Group I. Also, News
Channel 5 Sports are coming to shoot some video in the afternoon or during the Elite Competition.
This is a great opportunity to let the public see just how cool pole vaulting is.
See you soon,
Mark
PS My phone # is (314) 494-7302. A secondary # is (314) 749-3478. Don't hesitate to call be about
ANYTHING!

Select a Group based on your Opening Height
7:30 AM
8:00 AM Registration
8:30 AM Women's Group I (W1) & Men's Group I (M1)Warm-Up
9:00 AM
9:30 AM Women's Group I (W1) & Men's Group I (M1) O.H. 6' & 9'
10:00 AM
10:30 AM
11:00 AM
11:30 AM Men's Group II (M2)Warm-Up
12:00 PM
12:30 PM Men's Group II (M2) O.H. 12'
1:00 PM
1:30 PM
2:00 PM
2:30 PM Women's G roup II (W2) & Men's G roup III (M3)Warm-Up
3:00 PM
3:30 PM Women's Group II (W2) & Men's Group III (M3) O.H. 9'6â€Â

slaphappy
PV Newbie

Unread postby slaphappy » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:37 pm

Any results to post???
Run fast, plant high.

AVC Coach
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Current Coach (All levels)
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Miah Sanders

Unread postby AVC Coach » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:46 pm

Not sure of the details, but Mark Aschen (meet director) started a new job today so meet results might take a few days to get posted.

Mark puts on a great meet and provides an outstanding atmosphere for the athletes and specators!

When I saw him tending bar for 2 pits at the same time, it looked like he needed some more help!!!!!!!!

I would really like to thank Mark and his mom, Mrs. Aschen for their kindness and hospitallity! We had a blast and will always have this meet on our calendar!

1yeldud1
PV Pro

Unread postby 1yeldud1 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:34 am

I'd have to agree with AVC Coach - Mark does put on a great meet and his Mom, Dad and the whole crew worked their tails off for the vaulters and spectators. They really did do a GREAT JOB. I would recommend this meet to everyone. Thanks Guys - We all had a great time !!!!!

Return to “North and Central Regions”