DECATHLON/HEPTATHLON MEET TO BE HELD IN KANSAS CITY,MO 4/6,7

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, South Dakota, and North Dakota

Moderators: rainbowgirl28, Decamouse

munsoned
PV Wannabe

DECATHLON/HEPTATHLON MEET TO BE HELD IN KANSAS CITY,MO 4/6,7

Unread postby munsoned » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:45 pm

I currently coach at a high school in Kanas City, Missouri. I was a collegiate Decathlete, and upon moving and coaching here, I noticed that there was not much opportunity for kids to be involved in multi-event competition. Missouri State High School Activities has approved this meet with one exception- The Javalin, we have to throw a softball, we are not even allowed to throw a soft tipped Javalin, it has to be a softball. We are only allowing 12 boys, 12 girls, boys allready have 7, girls allready have 5. Hope to see you on April 6 & 7, not completly sure of the start time yet. $25.00 entry fee which includes a shirt, pole vault poles provided, plenty of hotels in the area. email me at jfogel@nkcsd.k12.mo.us
"Get busy living or get busy dying"

Rhino
PV Pro

Unread postby Rhino » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:44 am

Sounds great. Wouldn't they even let you use a Turbojav instead of a softball?

munsoned
PV Wannabe

Javalin

Unread postby munsoned » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:30 am

They would not even let us use the long tom jav, I really am not sure why. Seems kind of strange to have to throw the softball, but I guess its a start
"Get busy living or get busy dying"

Rhino
PV Pro

Unread postby Rhino » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:34 pm

Could you post results to the Multis? I'm interested in seeing what they can do in my old stomping grounds (I'm from Grant City, went to college in Maryville).

Return to “North and Central Regions”