Loveland Street Vault Results.

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, and Ohio.

Moderator: ashcraftpv

vaultc
PV Newbie

Loveland Street Vault Results.

Unread postby vaultc » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:34 am

Hi Everyone,
Sorry it's taken so long to post these results...it's been a crazy week, with my daughter going back to college and my son going back to high school! so please forgive me, I'll do better next year!!
The conditions were awesome! Low humidity and temperatures in the low 80's. There was a slight and variable head wind later in the day, but for the most part, not bad at all. I think, weather wise, we were truly blessed.
The results: Jr's(14-under): no entries

High School Girls (15-19): 1st: Dana Webb, Valparaiso, Ind. 12'
2nd: Ali Rice, Mason, Ohio 9'6"
3rd: Bethany Robinson, Amelia, Ohio 8"
*Dana's winning jump was a new Loveland Street Vault record!

High School Boys (15-19): 1st: Michael Seaman, Bardstown, Ky. 14'
2nd: Kyle Klein, Valparaiso, Ind. 14'
3rd: Dan Snyder, Huber Heights, Oh. 14'
* Michael won on count back in a very tight competition. All three broke the meet record!! Way to go guys!

College/Open Women (20-35): 1st: Ashley Johnson, Wilmington, Oh. 11'
2nd: Katie DeVault, Troy, Ohio 10'

College/Open Men (20-35): 1st: Jason Scott, Clayton, Oh. 16'6"
2nd: Kyle Wolf, Wilmington, Oh. 16'
3rd:Keith Reiter, Fostoria, Oh. 14'6"
*Jason won despite a swirling headwind and a bum ankle. Way to tough it out Jason!!! And Kyle Wolf, who is now the Head Womens Track Coach at Wilmington College, and hasn't competed in forever! You the Man, Kyle!

Masters Women (36-Over): 1st: Karen Rieger, Indianapolis, Ind. 9'6"
*Karen is in only her 3rd year vaulting. She is a truly inspiring athlete and person. Congrats' Karen!!
Overall a great day...with food, music and vaulting! Thanks to all our sponsors and all the fantastic volunteers. ( we couldn't have done it without you!) Look for The Loveland Street Vault to return next year, with more fun and more prizes, at an earlier date. We'll probably shoot for the second weekend in July.
So again, Thanks to everyone (spectators and competitors) and we'll see you next year!

All the best,
vaultc
VaultMonster.com
Midwest Vault Academy

master
PV Lover
Expertise: Masters Vaulter, Volunteer HS Coach, Former College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 4.36m

Re: Loveland Street Vault Results.

Unread postby master » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:35 am

vaultc wrote: * Michael won on count back in a very tight competition. All three broke the meet record!! Way to go guys!

Can you explain "count back"? Is it the standard "fewer misses on previous height, and if still tied then fewer misses for the whole competition"?

- master

vaultc
PV Newbie

...count back?

Unread postby vaultc » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:04 pm

Sorry about that, bad choice of words. I should have used "fewer misses". It was the misses on the previous height that determined the winner. Again, my apologies!
I forgot to mention, as well, that we had a total of 31 vaulters. Down a little from the previous year, but not bad considering the late date. Thanks again to eveyone!!

vaultc

Return to “Heartland Region”