Akron Pole Vault Camps

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, and Ohio.

Moderator: ashcraftpv

yahooly
PV Beginner
Expertise: Current College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 5.42m
Favorite Vaulter: Scott Huffman

Akron Pole Vault Camps

Unread postby yahooly » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:00 am

For all of you interested in vaulting over break there will be a camp held at University of Akron, Akron, Ohio, on December 27-29. Registration will be the morning of the 27th 9am-10am. The camp runs from 10am to 9pm on the 27th, 9am-9pm on the 28th, and 9am-noon on the 29th.

The brochure is now online at Akron Christmas Camp

I went to this camp in high school and had a lot of fun and learned quite a bit. It's run by Dennis Mitchell the head track & field coach, also the pole vault coach, and the vaulters at the school. Johnny Russell (18' 2.5"), former zip vaulter all-american, and Kira Sims (14' 1.25") also a former zip all-american are usually there to help coach. If you have the time it's a great way to get geared up for indoor or just pick up a few helpful tips in the off-season. Shoot me an email at yaholy1@hotmail.com if you're interested and I'll send you the information directly as soon as I get it.

As a little side note there is also tuesday night vault clinics if you live in the area for $15 a night from 6:30-9:00. It goes just about every tuesday, the list of dates is as follows:
Nov. 13, 20, 27
Dec. 4, 11
Jan. 8, 15, 22, 29
Feb. 12, 19, 26
Mar. 4, 11

Return to “Heartland Region”