Fishers Freedom Fesitval Pole Vault - 6/23/07 IN

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, and Ohio.

Moderator: ashcraftpv

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Fishers Freedom Fesitval Pole Vault - 6/23/07 IN

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:25 am

http://www.pvelite.net/events/freedomvault/

Fishers Freedom Fesitval Pole Vault Competition

June 23, 2007
Fishers, Indiana

Navigation
Links open in new window
View Entries
Get Registered
Download Brochure
Get Directions and Pole Drop off (pdf)
Download Waiver(pdf)
The Fishers Freedom Fesitval Pole Vault competitons is going to be running this year on June 23. This is the Saturday of USATF Championships in Downtown Indianpolis and the only vault scheduled this day is the Decathalon.We will be located in Fishers, Indiana at Holland park and operation during the annual Festival. The cost is $30.00 (free to watch). All proceeds will be going to promote Pole Vault in the local community. This year we've chosen a fund that was setup to commemorate the pioneer of women's pole vault at one of the local high schools. Last year Chasity was killed in a single car accident. All participants under 18 need to have a parent sign the waiver (will be available soon). The schedule is as follows.
Competition Start Time End Time
Open 1 (approx opening height 8') 11:30am 1:00pm
Open 2 (approx opening height 13') 1:30pm 2:30pm
Open 3 (walkin's and late registrations) 3:00pm 4:30pm

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:26 am

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a ... 15/LOCAL01

Festival tradition endures in Fishers
Event to try a new activity this year: pole vaulting

By Melissa Patterson
melissa.patterson@indystar.com

Hundreds of organizers, vendors and volunteers are gearing up to make this weekend's 19th Fishers Freedom Festival at Roy G. Holland Memorial Park one of the biggest draws of the summer.

More than 40,000 people are expected for the usual fireworks, parades and races, as well as never-before-seen attractions -- including one high-flying sporting event.
Lots of old friends are likely to be on hand, too.
"As Fishers has grown and spread out so much, we use this festival to reconnect with families and old neighbors that maybe we haven't seen in a long time," said Jennifer Kehl, the festival's executive director. "It's about having a nice family weekend where it isn't going to cost a lot to participate."
Most events are free, but donations of nonperishable food, school supplies and other items are welcome at the festival office on 116th Street, or at the many donation spots that will be set up throughout the park.
The two-day event will feature live music, games and contests for all ages, and hundreds of booths offering food, crafts, and business information.
This year's 5K walk/run Saturday has a technological twist with a new online preregistration system, which Kehl said has already made the process easier.
"Last year there were well over 800 participants, and it was very difficult to get all registrations complete in a couple of hours," Kehl said. "We're encouraging everybody to sign up online so we can have packets prepared when they arrive."
Today is the last day to register online for the reduced price of $5.
Former Indianapolis Colts player Barry Krauss will be at the race to get competitors off and running with a short speech.
For those who would rather take it slow, the festival is offering its first family fun walk. Registration for the two-mile event is $3. All funds benefit the Roy Holland Backpacks for Kids program.
This year's festival theme, "Take pride in your community -- volunteer!" has inspired about 200 people to do just that. But there's always a need for more help, Kehl said, particularly in the early-morning shifts to help with the walk and run, and serve in the various tents.
Pole vaulting
One new addition to this year's festivities will be Saturday afternoon -- the inaugural Fishers Freedom Festival Pole Vault is scheduled to begin at 11:30 a.m. south of the soccer fields at Holland Park. Event coordinator Collin Gayde, a long-time pole vaulter and coach, organized the event to promote the sport of vaulting in Fishers and give local residents a chance to participate. Registration is $30, and that includes a T-shirt.
Competitors, however, must bring their own poles.
Athletes 18 or younger must have parents sign a waiver, or have at least one parent present during the competition. Gayde hopes to draw audiences from the USA Track & Field Championship being held in Indianapolis over the weekend, as well as curious spectators.
"It's (pole vaulting) not exactly something you see every day," Gayde said.
All proceeds will benefit a foundation for girls pole vaulting at Hamilton Southeastern High School. For information, call Gayde at (812) 239-3610.

multicard18
PV Fan

Unread postby multicard18 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:05 pm

since the weather was real rainy the past couple days, does anyone know if it will be rescheduled or if the competeition still went on? if so results?

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:37 pm

multicard18 wrote:since the weather was real rainy the past couple days, does anyone know if it will be rescheduled or if the competeition still went on? if so results?

It still went on. There were some clear stretches.

I saw Mark Hollis open at 17' and clear it, then I had to go.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:32 pm

Return to “Heartland Region”