Mats wanted near Boston

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine

Moderator: VaultnGus

BedfordBucs
PV Newbie
Expertise: High school coach
Lifetime Best: 10
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Dragila

Mats wanted near Boston

Unread postby BedfordBucs » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:03 pm

Fellow coaches, if you have used pole vault mats that you are interested in donating or selling to a program that currently has coaches, a runway, a plant box, but no equipment, please contact me. Bedford High School is looking to add the pole vault next spring, but the start up costs are daunting. If you plan to update your mats after this season, please send me an email at joel_hebert@bedford.k12.ma.us. We are currently raising money, but we still have a long way to go. I would be willing to pick up if you are within 5-6 hours of Greater Boston.

VaultnGus
PV Pro

Re: Mats wanted near Boston

Unread postby VaultnGus » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:54 pm

Howdy Coach Joel - Coach Doug from Westborough HS & Patriot Pole Vault Club here - Glad to hear that Bedford HS is getting into the pole vault game :-) I believe I know of 2 sets of pits that are available. Last fall John Hoogasian (Holy Cross) picked up an old set from Lincoln-Sudbury that while a bit ragged in parts is still street legal. PM me for his contact information.

In addition at the MSTCA clinic last night I was approached by a coach saying they had a set of mats they no longer use - he is supposed to email me all the relevant information soon. Once I hear back from this coach I will let you know.

If you have any further questions or if there's anything we can do to help you folks out don't hestitate to contact us

Coach Doug
"will vault for food..."
http://www.patriotpv.com
"Will vault for food"

Return to “New England Region”