East Coast Meets??

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine

Moderator: VaultnGus

wurster490
PV Whiz
Lifetime Best: 5.51m

East Coast Meets??

Unread postby wurster490 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:19 am

Hi, I was wondering if any of you know of some good outdoor meets that are in late May, or early June?? Last year my team went to Wrightsville for the beach vault, but we are looking for something thats closer to the beginning of June this year. Thanks.

MightyMouse
PV Follower

Unread postby MightyMouse » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:41 am

Check out http://www.usatf.com they have a list of meets in their track and field section
19 Years Old
Coach: Val Osipenko
"Hard work never goes to waste"
Petrov/Launder student

polecat
PV Fan

Unread postby polecat » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:44 am

USA Track & Field does a good job of listing upcoming meets on their usatf.org web site. Bear in mind there may be residency requirements to consider. You can also try the club web sites for event information, especially for "all comers" outdoor meets. The Armory web site also posts a schedule of outdoor track events, mostly in the metro NYC area.

You can access club information at polevaultpower.com/network.

wurster490
PV Whiz

Unread postby wurster490 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:04 am

Thanks a lot!!

CHC04Vault
PV Follower

Unread postby CHC04Vault » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:08 pm

For high school or college??? I know Morgan State Invite has a very good high school meet (only been around 3 or 4 years but its been gettin better every year, some 50 teams there) and their college meet is alwso very good. Also, there are open meets at the Prince Georges County(Maryland) Sports and Learning Complex i think twice a month. All of these meets do not require attachment to a school.
"Good my jump, it will be done" Bubka

wurster490
PV Whiz

Unread postby wurster490 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:48 pm

College or open men and women if there is any meets. I was looking on the usatf site and when I typed in the dates I wanted nothing came up. So who knows if there is any.

CHC04Vault
PV Follower

Unread postby CHC04Vault » Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:55 pm

Morgan State is always the 2nd week in april. And just google PG County Sports and Learning complex (they also have an indoor facility home Nike Indoor) if u can't find it just IM me i have the info in some packets and am too lazy to type (pole vaulters are notouriously lazy :D )
"Good my jump, it will be done" Bubka

polecat
PV Fan

Unread postby polecat » Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:48 am

The May-early June time period you are seeking may be an issue for the USATF site because the summer track meets generally begin in early June. Some events may not be posted yet on the calendars.

While on the USATF site, you can try the local or regional association calendars. For example, a New Jersey group has a summer "all comers" program. This may be listed on the Armory web site.

wurster490
PV Whiz

Unread postby wurster490 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:39 am

Ok i'll take a look at that, thanks again!

Return to “New England Region”