2005 Delaware Indoor State Meet Standards

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine

Moderator: VaultnGus

distancejumper
PV Pro

Unread postby distancejumper » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:44 am

My state doesn't have an indoor season. But that's pretty pathitic that's all it is.

Unread postby Guest » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:20 pm

Delaware only has ONE school with indoor vaulting facilities to train. So all the other ones are SOL. Furthermore there are only 2-3 meets the whole winter season with indoor vaulting, and those are invitationals in Salisbury, Maryland - so most of the schools dont go or dont bring vaulters. (I believe only three schools from Delaware had vaulters competing during the meet that I went to.) Most of the vaulters have barely even touched a pole before the state meet.
They actually vault outdoors during the other meets of the season - but that is only if weather is permitting. I have seen them vaulting in the snow before.... I personally wouldnt suggest that, but its not my call.
Becca was right though - Delaware is an incredibly small state (RI being the only one smaller PLUS I think they might have more people...) so vaulting isnt available at alot of the schools. The entire state has only one actual indoor track, which is at the University of Delaware. With that said, its a pretty sweet track - standard 200 meter college indoor track, however you can set up 2 vault runways if you want to.
Anyway - once I'm done with the Corps Ill be coaching and training some of the Delaware vaulters - so expect to see some much better heights than in the past :P

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:23 pm

Dangit I ALWAYS forget to update the permisions when I create new forums.

You're not supposed to be able to post unless you are logged in. Oops...

USMC Vaulter
PV Pro

Unread postby USMC Vaulter » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:24 pm

PS - that last post was me - for some reason I thought I was signed in and wasnt.... :confused:

Sorry - I didnt even notice until a second ago
Matthew Savini
DCHS Vault Coach
www.HighVaultage.com

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:26 pm

USMC Vaulter wrote:PS - that last post was me - for some reason I thought I was signed in and wasnt.... :confused:

Sorry - I didnt even notice until a second ago

That's OK. Normally it won't let you post unless you are logged in, I just screwed up :o

Return to “New England Region”