Elite Vaulter Looking for Indoor Training Facility - Boston

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine

Moderator: VaultnGus

ndirish23
PV Beginner
Expertise: Fan
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie

Elite Vaulter Looking for Indoor Training Facility - Boston

Unread postby ndirish23 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:43 pm

I work with an elite U.S. vaulter that will be relocating to Boston for the 2013 season. We are looking for an indoor training facility that would offer flexible access. Alternatively, we would be interested in hearing about any available warehouse space that could potentially be rented. We are already in touch with a number of colleges in the area, but want to explore other options as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time!

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Re: Elite Vaulter Looking for Indoor Training Facility - Boston

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:58 pm

Talk to the folks at Patriot Pole Vault Club, I'm sure they know the scoop on everything in the area: http://patriotpv.com/

VaultnGus
PV Pro

Re: Elite Vaulter Looking for Indoor Training Facility - Boston

Unread postby VaultnGus » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:04 pm

Howdy - this is Coach Doug from the Patriot Pole Vault Club. We are excited to hear of an elite athlete moving out to our neck of the woods. It's not often we get elite athletes out here :-) Anyways there are several opportunities for you to practice here in Massachusetts.

Our club - Patriot Pole Vault Club - hosts outdoor practices at Westborough HS (approx. 30 miles west of Boston) and indoor practices at 360 Gymnastics in Shirley, MA (approx. 40 miles west of Boston). While we would love to host you we understand that the driving distance may be a bit of a problem.

The other 2 clubs - which we both highly recommended - are both based in Cambridge and are both right on Boston subway lines

New England Pole Vault Club - this club is based at Harvard University. It is run by Harvard PV coach (and former Northeastern PV Coach) Brenner Abbott. They have a Facebook page that has most of their contact details http://www.facebook.com/groups/67307555519/

MIT Pole Vault Club - this club is based at MIT. It is run by MIT PV coaches Patrick Barragan and Nathan Ball. Their website is http://web.mit.edu/barragan/MITPVC/.

If you have any further questions do not hesitate to email coachdoug[at]patriotpv.com or call us at 774-276-1617

Coach Doug
"will vault for food..."
"Will vault for food"

Return to “New England Region”