Camps?

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine

Moderator: VaultnGus

LogIc
PV Fan

Camps?

Unread postby LogIc » Tue May 29, 2007 9:06 am

Hey, i am thinking about going to a camp this summer, but not sure what one i should look into, i live in CT, and um i am open to any ideas... thanks :D
~>[LogIc]<~

WA Vaulters: It's What We Do

PVgoalie101
PV Pro

Unread postby PVgoalie101 » Wed May 30, 2007 5:03 pm

bill faulk does one at Rhode Island college thats pretty good. i improved my pr by a foot after going.
Save a pole, ride a vaulter

LogIc
PV Fan

Unread postby LogIc » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:51 am

wow, a hole PR, but i was also thinking, my coach has been a polevaulter his hole life ( well sense highschool), and still polevaults, and he has told me what i have been doing wrong, and i am goin to be out all summer with him at the school with the mats... is it worth going to the camps still? are they going to tell me the exact same thing?? jw
~>[LogIc]<~

Russ
PV Master

Unread postby Russ » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:35 pm

I've been taking CT vaulters (like Jordan Thull (twice), Patrick W. (2006), Jessica Sullivan (twice), Kim Johnson, Lauren Bennett (twice), Sara Muldoon (twice), Avery Ringquist, and Dana Schmitt) to Jan Johnson's Sky Jumpers Camp in Kutztown, PA (July 7-10) since 2003. I learned how to coach pole vaulting from Jan. 90% of the way that I coach is based on his principles and philosophies. The other 10% I think I got from reading books and a little of my own experience. I'm telling you, his camp is great. The coaches there know what they are doing and "preach" Jan's System.

I plan to drive a van-full of vaulters & I'm looking for another parent who will drive another van.

I honestly cannot immagine a better pole vault camp. You might talk to some of the people who have been to Kutztown and other camps for a comparison. I only know that Sky Jumpers in Kutztown is tremendous. :yes:
Russ

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

PVgoalie101
PV Pro

Unread postby PVgoalie101 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:08 pm

it kills me that I'm always at Kutztown for colorguard while Sky Jumpers is going on. I want to run away from flag work and jump!
Save a pole, ride a vaulter

LogIc
PV Fan

Unread postby LogIc » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:05 am

lol doesnt everyone? :)
~>[LogIc]<~

pistolpete6994
PV Nerd
Expertise: Once a Collegiate Vaulter- Now HS Coach

Unread postby pistolpete6994 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:23 am

The University of Southern Maine, Portland ME area, runs a weekend camp..... It is July 7th and 8th this year. USM is about 3 hours from Uconn are.

The website is.....
http://usm.maine.edu/athletics/Camps/
To the moon!

spike gibeault
PV Pro

Unread postby spike gibeault » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:57 pm

sick im goin to the southern maine camp, ive known mike drummy for a long time, my dad and him were good friends throughout college, i cant wait!!! woooo

LogIc
PV Fan

Unread postby LogIc » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:33 pm

haha i want to go to that one... buuuuuttttt... don think i will have the money up by then.. darn it all
~>[LogIc]<~

JumpinSkiing
PV Nerd

Unread postby JumpinSkiing » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:07 pm

I was going to go to southern maine, but i'm going to Bill Falk's Rhode Island camp now, if there's still room.

Return to “New England Region”