Maryland Camps

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, Delaware and New Jersey

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

pvaulter97
PV Beginner
Expertise: Current High School Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 4.72m
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Lazaro Borges

Maryland Camps

Unread postby pvaulter97 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:44 pm

I am a freshman vaulter in Maryland. After 4 months of practice at school I have cleared 10' in practice. I am very dedicated to pole vault. My friend and i want to know where we could vault during the summer, but it has been difficult to find any places. Please let us know if you know of any facilities or camps or if you have any other ideas. Thanks

powerplant42
PV Rock Star

Re: Maryland Camps

Unread postby powerplant42 » Tue May 22, 2012 11:20 pm

I tried to organize something myself when I was in high school in MD... The place is pretty much dead as far as vault goes. However, there at least USED to be a club in Elkton run by HipAthletics. But after looking for it online and back in old threads, I'm not sure if they exist anymore.

What high school are you at? PM me!
"I run and jump, and then it's arrrrrgh!" -Bubka

VAVAULT
PV Beginner
Expertise: High School Coach

Unread postby VAVAULT » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:09 pm

There is PG sports complex that vaults on Sunday and I think a couple more times during the week. There is a cost, but not sure of the price. Just call for info
8001 Sheriff Road Landover, MD 20785
(301) 583-2400

marbaugh
PV Beginner
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Volunteer College Coach
Lifetime Best: 15'
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie

Unread postby marbaugh » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:20 am

Where in Maryland do you live? I am in the Towson/Baltimore area and I am the volunteer vault coach at Towson University, http://www.facebook.com/TowsonVaulting. My wife and I both vaulted at college at the University of Delaware and have been helping athletes in the area.

-Matt

Return to “Northeast Region”