Wix.com Lake George Beach Vault 7/23/11 (NY)

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, Delaware and New Jersey

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Wix.com Lake George Beach Vault 7/23/11 (NY)

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:13 pm

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Re: Wix.com Lake George Beach Vault 7/23/11 (NY)

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:13 pm

http://www.fox23news.com/sports/custom/ ... amE2w.cspx

Pole Vaulting Event Coming to Lake George July 23rd

Print Story Published: 7/12 10:10 pm Share Updated: 7/12 10:19 pm
If you stoll past Shepard Park in Lake George on July 23rd, you might just be surprised at what you see.

Along with the usual sunbathers and swimmers - you'll find something else... pole vaulters...a lot of them.

More than 100 vaulters - high schoolers, college vaulters, men and women competing in the Adirondack Aerial Assualt, an all day event at the Park.

Ballston Spa track and field coach Dennis Hogan and former Shen vaulting coach Don Paretta.

"It's a festival type event to promote pole vaulting", Hogan said. "But we will have an elite class and vaulters jumping 17 to 18 feet!"

Among the elite athletes expected to compete, UAlbany's Luke Shoen, an NCAA vaulter who cleared 17.5 feet.

eton606
PV Newbie
Expertise: Vaulter for 10 yeaers, College level coach for 3 years
Lifetime Best: 4.30m
Favorite Vaulter: My Athletes

Unread postby eton606 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:07 pm

Wish you would have posted this sooner we could have brought some of the other new york clubs up for it (Rochester Rockback, TCPVC) Hope your event goes well wish we could have made it

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:12 pm

http://poststar.com/news/local/sun-sand ... 002e0.html

Sun, sand and pole vaulting in Lake George

By KAMERON SPAULDING--Special to The Post-Star | Posted: Saturday, July 23, 2011 9:54 pm | (1) Comments

AARON EISENHAUER
Aaron Eisenhauer - aeisenhauer@poststar.com Adam Hume knocks the bar from the stand in a failed attempt to clear it at 16 feet during the elite class portion of the Adirondack Aerial Assault Beach Vault at Shepard's Park Beach in Lake George on Saturday, July 23, 2011.
Related Galleries

Adirondack Aerial Assault Beach Vault
(5) Photos
LAKE GEORGE -- Local pole vaulting coaches Dennis Hogan and Don Paretta admit that their sport isn't most people's first thought when it comes to summer activities at the beach.
But Paretta hopes that the first-ever Adirondack Aerial Assault Beach Vault pole vaulting competition, held Saturday on Shepard Park Beach in Lake George, is just the first step in growing the sport he loves.
"The sport is really a novelty and not many people do it." Paretta said. "With this event, bringing it here to the beach, we hope more people can be exposed to the sport."
The event was set up much like any other pole vaulting competition, with just the one major difference: the runway, bar and landing pads were set up right next to the lake.
The event had only 35 competitors but the organizers hope to see the field expand in the future.
"Once we decided to have the event in May, we had to move quickly, and that lack of time is part of why the field is the size it is," Hogan said.
More than 100 people came to Shepard Park to watch competitors from all ages and abilities compete for bragging rights, and even sets of dog tags in the first beach vaulting competition of its kind in New York.
The change in venue was not lost on the competitors, including Joe Samaniack, who finished second in the Elite event.
"This is really a great event. Being out here on the beach, it just feels like where the sport should be," Samaniack said.
"But with the wind off the lake, it does change some things," he added.
Rory Quillder won the men's elite class event with a vault of 17.6 feet, while Jess Mira took the women's elite crown with a height of 11.6 feet.
Maddesen Weeks, who will be a senior at Shenendehowa high school in Clifton Park in the fall, won the high school girls vault with a height of 10.6 feet.
"This is a great event and when I heard about it from coach (Paretta) I thought it would be a lot of fun and decided to give it a try," Weeks said.
Perreta hoped that this was just the start for the event.
"This will be an annual event right here on the beach, we hope it only grows every year and spreads the word about the sport," Perreta said.
Copyright 2011 The Post-Star. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Donparetta
PV Newbie
Expertise: 36 years as a HS, Div. I and Div. III coach
Lifetime Best: 3.12m
Favorite Vaulter: Jared O'Connor

Unread postby Donparetta » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:58 am

Join us this year, 2012, for the Second Annual Lake George Beach Vault!!! See all the info on the Northeast regional website.

Donparetta
PV Newbie

Unread postby Donparetta » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:52 pm

Elite Men and Women jump beginning at noon!!! 8 quality men and 4 quality women face off! Men's vault has 8 jumpers all over 15' 8' and the women's vault has 4 over 12' 0. Come watch the fun. Hope to see a great turnout!

Donparetta
PV Newbie

Unread postby Donparetta » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:17 am

Thanks to all of the competitiors at yesterday's fantastic Lake George Beach Vault!!!! 56 vaulters, despite a constant 10-15 mph headwind, and overall great weather, helped fuel a great competition. Winners included. Rory Quiller, Stephanie Duffy, Maddesen Weekes, Tim Murphy, Chris Boulant and Rebecca Stavely. Looking forwarrd to bigger and better 3rd next year!

Return to “Northeast Region”