Dave Gorman Memorial Marina Vault: 06/20/09

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, Delaware and New Jersey

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

Altoonavault
PV Beginner

Dave Gorman Memorial Marina Vault: 06/20/09

Unread postby Altoonavault » Sat May 30, 2009 12:27 pm

Dave Gorman Memorial Marina Vault
June 20, 2009

The Lake Heritage Marina
1001 Heritage Drive,Lake Heritage, Gettysburg, PA
Conact: Steve Gorman 717-752-5824 sgorman55@gmail.com

A day of fun, music, food and friends organized as a fund raiser with all proceeds going to support the " On The Edge Foundation" A non profit organization that offers physically and mentally challenged children and adults the opportunity to participate in water sports and other fun activities.

Dave was taken from us suddenly last August and this day of remembrance is intended as a tribute to a special guy who gave many years of enjoyment to the pole vault community, both competing and coaching. Dave took 'living' to a different level and touched many lives throughout his journey. While Dave loved music and enjoyed various athletic hobbies in addition to pole vaulting (biking, skiing, kayaking, weightlifting, golf and bowling) he was only truly happy if he was sharing his passion and experiences with others.

So to celebrate Dave's life, the pole vaulting competition by the waterfront will be part of a full day of activities that will include 'live' music all day long, kayak and hyrdo-bike races, lake vaulting from off the dock, water skiing, wake boarding and tubing offered by the Lake Heritage Ski Club and a Barbecue cookout.

POLE VAULT COMPETITION
The event will be run by Rob Wahl, pole vault coach at Altoona Area High School and the PA State Chairperson for the USA National Pole Vaulting Committee, Steve Shutt, head track coach at Gettysburg College, and Steve Gorman of the Heritage Vault Club. The event will be officiated by Mike Lilly, a PIAA pole vault official who also officiates the PIAA State Championships.

Entry fee is $20 with on-site registration beginning at 9:00 AM. No one will be allowed to participate in the vault without registering and signing the liability release form. If the participant is under the age of 18, the parent and/or legal guardian must be present to sign the waiver.

Warm-ups will be from 9:00 AM until the beginning of the competition at 11:00 AM. Starting height to be determined the day of the event. Bar will start low and progressively move upward. Boys and girls, men and women will jump together. There will be a warm-up period for vaulters not starting until higher heights.

Standard safety rules of competition will apply with one exception "The Gorman Buy-In Rule": after your final three misses you will be allowed a fourth attempt if you collect or donate a $5.00 re-jump fee. If you clear, you're back in! If you miss you can jump at the next height but you must collect or donate another $5.00 for each additional jump. Remember, it is for a good cause!

Dave Gorman Memorial Marina Vault Registration
Conact: Steve Gorman 717-752-5824 sgorman55@gmail.com

Name: ___________________________________________________________________________
E-mail: __________________________________________________________________________
Address: _________________________________________________________________________
Phone: ( ) _______________________
School or Club ________________________________Year of School or Age _________________
All-Time Personal Best _________________ 2009 PR _________________
Emergency contact: _______________________________________
Phone: ( )________________________
Athlete Bio: Titles won or other accomplishments: ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

LIABILITY RELEASE, WAIVER, DISCHARGE, AND AGREEMENT NOT TO SUE

I, __________________________________ desire to participate in the June 20, 2009 "Dave Gorman Memorial Marina Vault" to be held at the Lake Heritage Marina. I fully understand and appreciate the dangers, hazards and risks associated with pole vaulting. Pole vaulting is a dangerous sport with inherent risks. These risks include, but are not limited to, equipment failures, falls, etc. All the inherent risks of pole vaulting present risk of permanent catastrophic injury or death.

Knowing the dangers, hazards and risks of pole vaulting, I knowingly, voluntarily and intelligently agree to accept and assume the risks of participation in this event and agree not to sue and/or claim damages from Steven J. Gorman, or anyone or anything else, if injured or damaged in connection with this event, regardless of any negligence of any person(s) or entity(ies). This waiver and release shall be binding upon you and your heirs, personal representatives, successors and assigns.

I further agree that this release shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. If any term or provision of the release shall be held illegal, unenforceable, or in conflict with any law governing this release, the validity of the remaining portions shall not be affected thereby.

Signed: _________________________________________ Date: __________, 2009
Printed Name of the Signee Above: ________________________________________

This MUST BE signed above by parent or legal guardian if participant is UNDER the age of 18 years!

Martin
PV Beginner
Expertise: Current College Vaulter

Re: Dave Gorman Memorial Marina Vault: 06/20/09

Unread postby Martin » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:01 pm

A day at the Marina I'm in!
UMBC
Central AZ College/2008 outdoor njcaa national champion;
PVCC
CGUHS /2006 AZ state champion

joebro391
PV Follower
Expertise: Current College Vaulter (Samford University)
Lifetime Best: 15'6
Favorite Vaulter: Duplantis, Borges, Bubka

Unread postby joebro391 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:09 am

Sorry martin, I'm already out of it. I need rest, for...hey, i found sand in my bellybutton, weird...but i need rest for college. And actually, I wanted 15'7, by the end of the season. But many obstacles, like lack of practices and meets, forced me to cap myself off, at 14'9. But I cleared it, by a lot, and since I know that changes I must make, I have no doubt that my first college season, will be a successful one. Next time. -Joe
PR: 15'6 !!PETROV/6.40 MODEL!! http://www.youtube.com/user/joebro391

Martin
PV Beginner
Expertise: Current College Vaulter

Unread postby Martin » Sat May 01, 2010 11:05 pm

this going on again this year?
UMBC
Central AZ College/2008 outdoor njcaa national champion;
PVCC
CGUHS /2006 AZ state champion

master
PV Lover
Expertise: Masters Vaulter, Volunteer HS Coach, Former College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 4.36m

Unread postby master » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:02 pm

Information I've received says it will be on July 10, 2010 at the marina. It will include some masters vaulters this year.
- master . . . http://www.plvlt.com

Bubba PV
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, High School Coach, College Coach, Former Elite Vaulter, Masters Vaulter, FAN
Lifetime Best: 5.51
Favorite Vaulter: Bubka

Unread postby Bubba PV » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:45 pm

I can't wait. I'm not jumping but I'm looking forward to hanging out with the gang. Bubba
Bubba Sparks - www.bubbapv.com

Support Becca & Pole Vault Power

Return to “Northeast Region”