Coaches Clinic with Launder and Botcharnikov

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, Delaware and New Jersey

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

vaultman18
PV Pro
Expertise: College Coach, Former College Vaulter
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Coaches Clinic with Launder and Botcharnikov

Unread postby vaultman18 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:02 pm

The weekend of July 25 Alan Launder aka Altius and Roman Botcharnikov aka agapit will be in Boone NC. :dazed:
More details coming.

vaultman18
PV Pro

Re: Coaches Clinic with Launder and Botcharnikov

Unread postby vaultman18 » Wed May 20, 2009 8:13 am

Here are the details
Who - Alan Launder - Too many accomplishments to list. One thing worth mentioning is Alan is a great teacher at all levels.
Roman Botcharnikov - One of the top pole vault coaches in the World. Coached Lawrence Johnson to Silver in 2000.
Date - July 24-26
Time - 24th 6pm-until, 25th 9am-1pm break 2pm-6pm, 26th 9am-1pm
Location - Boone NC - 24th High Country Inn , 25-26 Watauga High School, The two locations are within 1/4 mile of each other.
Cost - $125 (minimal cost for the quality of the clinic)
Hotel/Lodging - High Country Inn is the host hotel and I urge anyone coming from out of town stay there.
Call 1-800-334-5605 or http://highcountryinn.com/ Ask for the "Tailwind Pole Vault Clinic Rate"
The Boone area offers many options such as Camping, Cabins, Lodges and all the standard hotel chains. This is a good opportunity for the whole family to get away. Late July is beautiful and refreshing in Boone as the temperature rarely reaches 80 degrees. Visit http://visitboonenc.com/ for all that Boone NC has to offer.

The Clinic is for all levels of Coaches - beginner to elite. Everyone will learn a tremendous amount about pole vault and how to apply the knowledge. This is a unique clinic that will not be offered anywhere else in the US by two Great pole vault coaches. If you are serious about coaching this is as good as it gets. This clinic will precede the Appalachian State University Pole Vault camp with Alan Launder.

Please contact me if you a interested in attending this Coaches Clinic or if you have any questions.
You can visit http://www.tailwindpolevault.com for my email or PM me here on PVP.

vaultman18
PV Pro

Unread postby vaultman18 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:38 pm

All registration will be done via email. This is a great opportunity that just cannot be passed up. Visit http://www.tailwindpolevault.com for my email or PM me on PVP.

All coaches are welcome to stay and attend the Appalachian State pole vault camp. The camp will run Sunday July 26-29.

vaultman18
PV Pro

Unread postby vaultman18 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:33 am

Bruce Caldwell of Essx is going to let us raffle off a pole. Anyone attending the camp or coaches clinic will be eligible to enter the raffle for $10. The winner will get their choice of an Essx pole up to 14' shipped to them. :yes:

Thanks Bruce!

altius
PV Rock Star

Coaches Clinic

Unread postby altius » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:20 am

The clinic for coaches at Appalation State University on the weekend of July 24 - 26 will be a great opportunity for US coaches to really come to terms with the Petrov Bubka model. Between them the presenters, agapit and altius, have vast experience in teaching and coaching this model at world youth, world junior and world senior level. Both know Petrov and Bubka and have spent time with them discussing modern technique. However agapit - Roman Botcharnikov - brings the additional advantage of having been an athlete in the Soviet system.

In addition altius spent two years working alongside Alex Parnov - coach of 08 Olympic champion, Steve Hooker, as well as spending time observing Maurice Houvion, Anje Krysinski and Jean Claude Perin - all coaches of Olympic champions - working in their home environments. He also spent time in o6 observing Petrov work with Isinbyeva in Formia.

Many folk claim to be teaching the Petrov Bubka without ever having met the chief protagonists. This will be a great opportunity to meet two coaches who have done so and who have applied Petrovs ideas with considerable success! If you already have the BTB2 book and dvd, this clinic will be an opportunity to flesh out your understanding and to clarify anything you are still uncertain of. :D
Its what you learn after you know it all that counts. John Wooden

baggettpv
PV Master

Unread postby baggettpv » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:52 am

All you coaches should take the time to withness the instruction these 2 can give... It will be an "ahah" moment!

Rick Baggett
WSTC LLC
Good coaching is good teaching.

agapit
PV Follower

Unread postby agapit » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:42 pm

Hi everybody!

In April I became a United States Citizen and I am very proud of it!

I have been invited by Daniel Isaacs to lead the pole vault coaching clinic in beautiful Boone North Carolina on July 24-26. I will be closely working with Alan Launder. We will be presenting and expanding on the modern pole vault model and methodology.

This is a rare opportunity for coaches and athletes who are interested in learning in extremely interactive settings about concepts of the modern pole vault model, coaching methodology and athletic development.

Alan and I will be available during our scheduled session and afterhours to answer virtually any question you may have about modern pole vault development. If you have read my posts and they stirred interest in you this is one of a kind opportunity to get your questions answered. The modern vault model is over twenty years old and to our surprise very few people in the world are aware of it or have sufficient understanding of the core concepts.

DO NOT BE LEFT BEHIND! THIS IS THE BEST OPPORTUNITY TO LEAD THE WAY!

Alan Launder is going to share teaching methodology behind his outstanding success. In my opinion, Alan has written by far the best pole vault book (second edition) I have ever read (From beginner to Bubka and Ishimbaeva too). Alan’s passion is teaching young athletes, although he has worked with top level professional athletes as well. He is one of a handful people in the world that achieved consistent success in preparing young and junior athletes in pole vault. His track record is truly outstanding, preparing number of U19 athletes in Australia to world class level of 5.40m for men and 4.40m for women. He consistently prepared athletes that qualified and participated at the top level in World Junior Championships and other international competitions. It would be a treasure experience to learn directly from Alan methods behind his success.

What is the purpose of the plant? What is the proper structure of the run in pole vault? When does inversion (rock back) begins? What is the right take-off angle in pole vault? How to teach free take-off (pre jump) to young athletes? Is free take-off a gimmick or an essential part of the modern pole vault model and why? What does the vaulter exactly should do on the pole and why? What are similarities and differences between flexible and rigid pole vault technique? How could you evaluate whether any concept aligns with the modern vault model or makes no sense? Is the modern vault model only for super athletes or anyone can perform it? How do you make the shift? And more…!

Alan is participating in numerous camps in the US in the last several years; however I do not participate in camps and have no plans to participate in camps in the future. For me this is a great opportunity to work with my friend Alan Launder and Daniel Isaacs. I am planning to coach a group of post collegiate athletes men and women in the near future and I will not be making any presentations on the track or online beyond this clinic. So, this is your chance.

My personal guarantee for this camp:

If you attend this clinic and are not absolutely amazed and shaken to the core, I personally would like to invite you to post here your response TGIFOS (this guy is full of @%#) :).
I do not know exactly what the clinic cost is, but it is worth the time and money if you are serious about pole vault!

See you in Boone!
there is no spoon... www.m640.com

baggettpv
PV Master

Unread postby baggettpv » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:01 am

Congrats Roman on becoming a US citizen! I wish I could be there to witness you 2 working with kids. I truely hope many coaches from around the area take part in this once in a lfetime opportunity. For those that do..... prepare for success.

Rick Baggett
WSTC LLC
Good coaching is good teaching.

master
PV Lover
Expertise: Masters Vaulter, Volunteer HS Coach, Former College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 4.36m

Unread postby master » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:49 am

Congratulations Roman. Proud to have you as a fellow US citizen :yes:

- master

altius
PV Rock Star

Unread postby altius » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Wonder how many coaches from North Carolina will attend???????

vaultman18
PV Pro

Unread postby vaultman18 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:25 pm

It is not too late to sign up and attend the clinic. :yes:
David Ward of Appalachian State has extended an offer to all coaches to stay and attend his camp. This would be an extension of the coaches clinic and a chance to watch Alan work with vaulter of all levels. This as good of an opportunity as any coach will ever find to learn and become a better coach. We have coaches coaches coming from Virginia, Tennessee, Minnesota and Georgia.

altius
PV Rock Star

Unread postby altius » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:21 am

Are you telling me that Coach Morrell is not coming???????? I would have thought an enthusiast like him would have been the first to sign up!

Return to “Northeast Region”