2009 USATF Midwest Junior Olympic Indoor Track & Field Champ

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, Delaware and New Jersey

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

2009 USATF Midwest Junior Olympic Indoor Track & Field Champ

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:23 pm

http://www.usatf.org/events/2009/USATFJ ... idwest.asp

2009 USATF Midwest Junior Olympic Indoor Track & Field Championships

February 15, 2009
West Virginia University - Morgantown, W.V.

Eligibility
Individuals: Only 2009 USATF members may compete in this championship. If you do not have 2009 membership, please complete a membership application first. Only U.S. citizens, aliens living in the United States, and foreign exchange students are eligible to compete in these Championships. See the USATF Rules for more information and exceptions. A competitor must compete in his/her age division only. There will be no "moving up" in any events, including relays. Competitors in the Bantam and Midget divisions may compete in a maximum of three events, including relays. Competitors in the Youth, Intermediate, and Young divisions may compete in a maximum of four events, including relays. All athletes must be 2009 members of USATF in good standing.

Relay Teams: Only registered 2009 USATF member clubs may enter a relay team(s). All athletes representing the club must be affiliated with and members of that club as part of their USATF membership. Current USATF member clubs are listed at

Entry Fees and Deadline

Date Received Per Event Per Relay
on or before 2/12/09 at 11:59 p.m. ET $5 $20
Online entries must be paid for by credit card ("Visa - the only credit card accepted by USATF") or electronic funds transfer ("electronic checks"). On-site entry fees may be paid with cash or check only. Faxed and day-of-race entries will not be accepted. All fees are non-transferable and non-refundable.

Entry Forms
Online Individual Entry Form
Online Team Entry Form (batch entries with one entry)
Status of Entries
Click Here to see the current list of entries.

Schedule of Events - subject to change (Event start times will be adjusted on Friday when all entries are in)

Age Division Year of Birth
SB = Sub Bantam 2001+
B = Bantam 1999-2000
M = Midget 1997-1998
Y = Youth 1995-1996
I = Intermediate 1993-1994
Yg = Young 1991-1992

Sunday, February 15, 2009
9:00 a.m. B,M,Y,I,Yg 3000m final
SB,B,M,Y,I,Yg Shot Put final
9:15 SB,B,M,Y,I,Yg 1500m Race Walk final
SB,B,M,Y,I,Yg Long Jump final
10:00 M,Y,I,Yg 60m Hurdles first round or final
SB,B,M,Y,I,Yg High Jump final
10:30 SB,B,M,Y,I,Yg 400m final
11:00 SB,B,M,Y,I,Yg 60m first round or final
11:30 SB,B,M,Y,I,Yg 800m final
Y,I,Yg - Women Pole Vault final
12:00 p.m. SB,B,M,Y,I,Yg 4 x 200m Relay final
12:30 SB,B,M,Y,I,Yg 60m final
1:00 SB,B,M,Y,I,Yg 60m Hurdles final
Y,I,Yg - Men Pole Vault final
Y,I,Yg Triple Jump final
1:20 B,M,Y,I,Yg 1500m final
Open Weight Throw final
2:00 SB,B,M,Y,I,Yg 200m final
2:30 SB,B,M,Y,I,Yg 4 x 400m Relay final
Events will be run by age division - youngest to oldest, girls before boys.
Age divisions may be combined based on number of entries and available lanes, although each age division will compete individually for awards.
The schedule is a rolling schedule and start times may be moved up as much as one hour.
Awards
USATF Junior Olympic medals will be awarded to the top three individuals (top three teams in the relay events) in each event of each age division.

Implement Weigh-in
available one hour prior to event start

Event Check-in
There will be a check-in area for running events. Athletes must check in at these designated areas 30 minutes prior to the event's scheduled starting time. All athletes will be required to remain in the designated warm-up areas after checking in. Field events check in will be held at the venue when event and age group is called.

Competition Bib Numbers
All competitors must wear their assigned bib numbers during competition and on the front on their jerseys only. If an athlete loses the bib number, a replacement can be purchased for a fee of $ 5.00. Bib numbers will be distributed to athletes at the Headquarters Hotel Saturday evening from 4:00 PM till 9:00 PM

Event Results
During competition, event results will be posted inside the WVU facility. In addition, event results will be posted at USATF.org.

Protests
There will be a $ 200.00 fee for all protests. Protests must be submitted to the Protest Referee at once and not later than 30 minutes after a result has been announced. The protest fee will be refunded if the protest is upheld.

Contact/Questions
Paul Gilmer
304-389-1982

Return to “Northeast Region”