VA Pole Vault Christmas Camps...

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, Delaware and New Jersey

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

PvaultinGirl
PV Whiz

VA Pole Vault Christmas Camps...

Unread postby PvaultinGirl » Fri Oct 25, 2002 7:34 pm

:star: hey all u pole vault junkies(that would be everyone) George Mason University in Virginia is holding it's annual pole vault Christmass Camps a bit differently this year so here's the scoop: Anyone can attend- yes that means coaches newbies and every other kind of p. vaulter. Anyone who wants to improve, learn how or if your a coach then just come to learn more about the vault, is welcome. The camps are run indoors and are a week long each.(that is not the new part though). the new part is the dates...so here they are
:November 19th:
November 19th (7pm-9pm).
November 26th (7pm-9pm).
December 3rd (7pm-9pm).
December 10th (7pm-9pm).
December 17th (7pm-9pm).
The cost is $150.00 per person for the 5 day session.
Registration forms are on-line at:
http://www.speed-fitness.com/uspva/camp ... ation2.htm
if you are too lazy to type in all of that (like me) the website "usa pole vault academy" has it all on there. ;)
POLE VAULTING....Fear is NOT and option!

PvaultinGirl
PV Whiz

Unread postby PvaultinGirl » Sat Nov 02, 2002 9:35 am

Is ANYONE interested?????? If you live in the VA. area(or va.of couse) then you should try this out. when i went this past summer there were people from ohio, maryland and west virginia not just va. Jim Keys is a great guy to work with and knows sooooooo much about the pole vault.

84rules
PV Beginner

Unread postby 84rules » Thu Dec 19, 2002 2:11 pm

I live in VA and I'm new to this board. Even though I haven't touched a pole in 19 years, I've been toying with the idea of getting back into it and joining a Masters Club. Unfortunately, I havent been able to find one.

Thanks for the info on George Mason. Would you happen to have any info on Masters Track Clubs that might want to take a look at an "over the hill" vaulter?

84rules

PvaultinGirl
PV Whiz

Unread postby PvaultinGirl » Thu Dec 19, 2002 6:54 pm

Hmm...not too sure of any but i could try and find out. :)
it seems as though there just aren't as many clubs or camps and clinics in VA. as there are in other states. i guess the interest in the sport isn't as high as it is in other places or something, but i find the lack dissapointing. Who knows though, there's probably something out there close by and i just don't know it yet.

84rules
PV Beginner

Unread postby 84rules » Fri Dec 20, 2002 4:04 pm

I just found out that Jim Keys will be holding an Indoor Track Pole Vault Camp starting on January 14th at George Mason. I am looking into signing up for it if my wife will let me. She's worried that I am going to kill myself. ;)

84rules

PvaultinGirl
PV Whiz

Unread postby PvaultinGirl » Fri Dec 20, 2002 6:45 pm

haha. don't worry about it. it's like riding a bike, right? jim keys is a great person! :yes:

84rules
PV Beginner

Unread postby 84rules » Tue Dec 24, 2002 10:42 am

I've sent a pre-registration email for the Clinic. My wife reluctantly gave her consent. She's still not happy about the safety concerns but decided that if it was something I would have fun doing, she won't stop me.

84rules

Robert schmitt
PV Lover

Unread postby Robert schmitt » Tue Dec 24, 2002 1:12 pm

That's great!!!! My wife was the same way when I started messing around with the idea. Now she is learning to jump!!

84rules
PV Beginner

Unread postby 84rules » Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:46 pm

I have a question for anyone who can answer. I sent in a pre-registration email and the registration form along with my check for the fee.

How long does it take to get a confirmation? I spoke with Coach Ebanks on the phone and he said he'd check to see if my package was in.

I'm starting to worry that maybe I didn't get my stuff in on time.

84rules

Return to “Northeast Region”