Tim Murray Article (NY)

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, Delaware and New Jersey

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Tim Murray Article (NY)

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:37 pm

http://www.recordonline.com/archive/200 ... /esg11.htm

Murray vaults to third in open men's

Pole vaulter Tim Murray of Garrison is having a pretty good year. The James I. O'Neill graduate and Dutchess Community College sophomore won the NJCAA Division III national title in May with a leap of 13 feet, 4 inches. Yesterday he placed third in the open men's event at the Empire State Games with a jump of 14 feet, 9½ inches. This fall, he will be transferring to Southern Connecticut State.
"It was wonderful. It felt great," Murray said of his new personal-best mark, three inches better than his old record.
Murray comes from a pole-vaulting family. His father, Neil, coached at Woodlands High in Westchester County for many years and also coached Murray and Binghamton University junior Rory Quiller at O'Neill.
"My dad loves being around the sport and I love having him coach me," Tim said.
Neil Murray was in the stands watching his son take bronze and Quiller win gold.

rqvaulter
PV Newbie

Team O'Neill

Unread postby rqvaulter » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:24 pm

Team James I. O'Neill reunited after three years of seperation to get 1, 3 at the empire state games. Tim and I last jumped together in high school in 2002. Since then Tim's PR has gone up 9 inches. If you add our empire performances (16'3+14'9) you get a pertty good relay. Our school record at O'Neill is 26'6.........post high school record now 31'.

rory

Return to “Northeast Region”