Beach Vault/ Street Vault Semi-Pro Circuit

News about Elite US pole vaulters and elite competitions that occur on US soil.

Moderators: achtungpv, vaultmd

swtvault
PV Pro
Expertise: Part time semi elite vaulter--5.35 season best in 2009
Lifetime Best: 5.52

Unread postby swtvault » Sun Dec 22, 2002 5:59 pm

Hey Lon,

I know of a guy up here that is pretty serious about putting on a summer vault circuit. Give me your email and I will fill you in on the details.

Geoff
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties.

Stockdale Paradox

swtvault
PV Pro

Unread postby swtvault » Sun Dec 22, 2002 6:36 pm

Lon, forget it. I found your email on your profile. cheers mate

Stockdale Paradox

titojumps
PV Wannabe

Unread postby titojumps » Sun Dec 22, 2002 11:10 pm

LB,

I had a brain fart that stunk it's way into an idea. What about someting this summer called Vaultstock? what i picture is a few hundred (thousands would be better) vaulters out in some farmer's or ranchers field with only 1 or 2 board runways. so for a full weekend, maybe longer depending on how meny jumpers, from sun up to sundown you would have one competition after another with smaller groups, like 15-20 at a time on a runway. that way the hundreds of vaulters would become the spectators, and what better spectators then vaulters? Also to entertain the crowd and give the vaulters something to jump to would be a live music stage next to the pit. if you were able to get a handfull of bands to play throughout the weekend (and yes Krap would be the headliners!) and you advertized outside the vault community as a concert/festival, then it would bring potential for more spectators/money. of course you would need some food and drink wagons, port-a-pottys, and a willing rancher. i would expect this festival to happen somewhere in the middle of the country (maybe texas, maybe jonesboro) but if all else fails, i could hassle my dad and we could do it out on his ranch in Cali. with all the vaulters resources, it seems like this could be a reality. I know a handfull of really good bands here in Austin that would do a show for little or nothing as long as their expenses were taken care of and there was plenty of beer. Nick even knows Offspring. My guess is that some vaulter out there has parents in the food industry and may even have one of those bar-b-q wagons that make that really good food! might even consider doing in september after all the Pro's are back from europe. I bet i could even convince a handfull of the boys over there to come join the party!

whata think? to far fetched? seems viable to me. dang, i think i could make it happen with my resources alone. wait a minute, i could make some money on this deal...ok, forget i said anything at all! Ok people, There's this big meet out in california with live music called Vaultstock, you're invited, tickets are $40 a pop, that includes live music, entry fee, and a damn good time. food and travel are extra. the last night i may even have an all you can drink keger for those over the age of 21, incluseive in the $40 deal. I know with the beer, at least I'll get one person to show up...Brad Tyler!

zack

Unread postby zack » Mon Dec 23, 2002 1:30 am

Dang not a bad idea! I bet you could even get ESPN2 to cover it as an "xtreme sport".

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Dec 23, 2002 5:30 pm

titojumps wrote:Also to entertain the crowd and give the vaulters something to jump to would be a live music stage next to the pit.

I'd come if you get Brad Tyler's band to play ;)

dubjones
PV Nerd

Tyler's band

Unread postby dubjones » Mon Dec 23, 2002 11:51 pm

Brad Tyler's band? Is that the name? "The Brad Tyler Band". I heard the drummer rocks! Gotta feel bad for those boys, nobody can follow KRAP.

swtvault
PV Pro

Unread postby swtvault » Tue Dec 24, 2002 1:17 am

I would name it the DDDDDADUB band. Dude, if you leave next year you really need to train a replacement. Perhaps I will take your spot......nahhhhhh you heard me drum.

GEO

Stockdale Paradox

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Re: Tyler's band

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Dec 24, 2002 1:47 am

dubjones wrote:Brad Tyler's band? Is that the name? "The Brad Tyler Band". I heard the drummer rocks! Gotta feel bad for those boys, nobody can follow KRAP.

I don't know their name I never got to hear them when I was out there :(

lonpvh
PV Pro

Unread postby lonpvh » Tue Dec 24, 2002 7:24 pm

Becca, your actually lucky that you didn't hear the band. Tito, that is a pretty decent idea you guys start sending me idea to my email, maybe we could throw something together, BUT only if we can get the original KRAP to play. Someone look up that fool in Cali. Maybe we can see what Kris thinks about the idea. I'm up for it and since I'm not vaulting anymore, I have the motivation and time to do it. You guys tell me what you think. Lon

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Dec 24, 2002 10:25 pm

lonpvh wrote:Becca, your actually lucky that you didn't hear the band.

Haha well fine then maybe someday I will get to hear your band play :P

lonestar
PV Lover

Unread postby lonestar » Wed Dec 25, 2002 9:41 am

lonpvh wrote:Maybe we can see what Kris thinks about the idea. I'm up for it and since I'm not vaulting anymore, I have the motivation and time to do it. You guys tell me what you think. Lon

It's all about VAULTSTOCK baby, yeahhhhhhhh!!!!! Hell yes I'm up for it and if we were to have it in the Austin, TX area, I'll donate my boards, pit, time, and club members to help pull it off. I'm sure Brian E. would love to get in on it too. We've always talked about doing something like this on the banks of Town Lake in Austin next to the statue of Stevie Ray Vaughn. Lon, if you could recruit some elites and some sponsors with prize money, this could be sweeeeeeet! Keep thinking of ideas - I love to promote this sort of stuff - it's the Don King in me!

Kris
Any scientist who can't explain to an eight-year-old what he is doing is a charlatan. K Vonnegut

lonpvh
PV Pro

Unread postby lonpvh » Wed Dec 25, 2002 2:27 pm

Well, that's more what I was thinking. The Austin area would be about the best. I'll think about it and throw some ideas around. A good field will be easy, sponsorship, well thats a little more difficult, but not imposible. You guys keep thinking. Lon

Return to “Pole Vault - USA Elite”