Penn Relays

News about Elite US pole vaulters and elite competitions that occur on US soil.

Moderators: achtungpv, vaultmd

uconnvaulta
PV Whiz

Penn Relays

Unread postby uconnvaulta » Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:58 am

so whos going to be at the historical classic meet this up coming week, im excited to sit in the stadium with the huge crowd there only for track and field.
Train Harder than your competition

rickkane
PV Beginner

penn never did me wrong

Unread postby rickkane » Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:28 pm

Jumped at penn twice had cold bad winds both times but had good results. I hope I aint letten the word out but the dude on the smallest pole who is just happy to be chillen on the feild usually wins the meet. A Kid wearin a helmet from Kutztown won in 2002 holding 14'6 going from 7 lefts, and some dork wearing glasses from west virginia won it on a 15 foot pole last year. Good luck to whos ever jumpen. Sucks i can't make it this year have to go to the anti penn pole vault only meet in knoxville, followed by a 4a.m. 10 meter high dive competition.
all i need is a cool buzz and some tastey waves

OAKPV2004
PV Follower

Unread postby OAKPV2004 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:27 pm

Yeah, those 10meter high dives are off the chain. I have seen one at the school im goign ot go to next year, i want to jump off it. I jumped off a 5 meter high dive when i finished jumping at a meet in canada, I saw mitch greely do a flip off it and land on his back, but thats not much compared to a 10m.

uconnvaulta
PV Whiz

Tenn

Unread postby uconnvaulta » Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:19 pm

I was at sea rays like 2 weeks ago the high dive looked like fun but i missed out because i got preocupied by another occurance, but everyone else does it, and scaling that fence stark naked and jumping in the pool but a** naked is painful hahaha but ti all good, tell yurcho and mandato whaddup for me

pvpaul7
PV Fan

Unread postby pvpaul7 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:40 pm

i know that pool in Knoxville!, so do a lot of the boys and girls that went there after the sec outdoor champs there last year. Does anyone else remember getting busted by the cops and almost getting arrested? ;)

Carolina21
PV Whiz
Expertise: Former Elite Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 5.59

Unread postby Carolina21 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:51 pm

I remember something like that happening. I know Sky Cock, aka Trey Bell, remembers jumping off that high dive. Paul where are you guys going the next couple weeks?
-Rise to the occasion
PR: 18' 4.0

TreyDECA
PV Pro
Expertise: Former HS, College, and current Elite vaulter/decathlete

Unread postby TreyDECA » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:55 pm

pvpaul7 wrote:i know that pool in Knoxville!, so do a lot of the boys and girls that went there after the sec outdoor champs there last year. Does anyone else remember getting busted by the cops and almost getting arrested? ;)

should have done more speed endurance training. :no:

10m isn't that high when you don't even know where you are ;)
8700... mark it down

uconnvaulta
PV Whiz

Tenn

Unread postby uconnvaulta » Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:08 am

Tenn this year was tight, though i didnt jump off the 10 meter i still had a blast, next year ill go off the 10 meter, hopefully know whats going on too and not drown

GPvaulter
PV Newbie

Unread postby GPvaulter » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:39 pm

Chris, we are headed to the Cardinal Open in Lousville KY it is some smaller C-USA meet but the PV setup is supposted to be real nice. No Penn for us. Our coach really doesn't like penn anyone else have an opinion about the Pv setup there?

TreyDECA
PV Pro
Expertise: Former HS, College, and current Elite vaulter/decathlete

Unread postby TreyDECA » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:19 am

GPvaulter wrote:Chris, we are headed to the Cardinal Open in Lousville KY it is some smaller C-USA meet but the PV setup is supposted to be real nice. No Penn for us. Our coach really doesn't like penn anyone else have an opinion about the Pv setup there?

my coach didn't let me go last year either, i jumped 5.10 that indoor, and 5.0 the week before. he said the winds were bad and no one really jumps that well... he might have just been trying to make me feel better, but who knows... i'll let you know, i'm going this year, but this time for the 4x100 and 4x200 ;)
8700... mark it down

gatorhatincracker
PV Fan

HIGH DIVE

Unread postby gatorhatincracker » Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:43 am

i can remember that high dive incident like it was yesterday. thanks to PVPAUL17 i was introduced to knoxvilles finest. they were cool to everyone, except for sky cock who was underage. but i dont think he minded the headlock officer briggs put him in one bit
Coach Frye: IF ITS TO BE....
USC TEAM (in unison) I M IN CLIQUE 3!

Return to “Pole Vault - USA Elite”