Relive the excitement of #USATFMeeting

News about Elite US pole vaulters and elite competitions that occur on US soil.

Moderators: achtungpv, vaultmd

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Relive the excitement of #USATFMeeting

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:21 pm

We had a very interesting weekend in St Louis at the USA Track & Field Annual Meeting. This year social media played a big role in events that occurred. Because so many people don't "get" Twitter yet, and because many people simply weren't online when this happened and had trouble catching up, I wanted to capture the moment in a way that everyone could enjoy.

Below are many of the tweets that were posted with the hashtag #USATFMeeting. The good and the bad. I do not agree with everything posted below. Some of the statements made are inaccurate. But I want those who don't "get" Twitter to be able to view the whole conversation and see what the effects of their actions were.

No matter what you think of the events of this weekend, you cannot deny that this Annual Meeting generated more excitement than our sport and organization has seen in a LONG time. The steps that USATF takes next will be very important. Will they embrace social media and allow the excitement to grow? Will they close the doors and apply the heavy hand of censorship? I guess some of us will find out when we apply for credentials for the Olympic Trials, others will find out at the Annual Meeting in Daytona Beach next year.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Re: Relive the excitement of #USATFMeeting

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:21 pm

SteepleCoach Thomas Chorny
At #USATFmeeting in St.Louis. Big topics to discuss throughout weekend: Uniform/logo size, number, placement, and athlete representation.
1 Dec

EAhops Erica McLain
"Annual Meeting: Presentations by @Ath4Hope, @USOlympic and @GoTrackTownUSA all in 2.5 hrs! Getting n the business 2day.” #USATFMeeting
1 Dec

USOC spends $32 million on athletes and NGBs. A lot? U.K. spends $150 million. The difference between gov. funding or not #USATFmeeting
1 Dec

#USATFmeeting adding 30-40 athletes and $311,250 to the tier system this year, bringing it up to almost $20 million in direct support.
1 Dec

#USATFmeeting Vin Lananna speaking on what to expect in Eugene this summer for the trials.
1 Dec

204 days til the start of the Olympic team trials in Eugene. Vin says they're ready #USATFmeeting
1 Dec

Comcast and NBC to televise ' Hammer Time' on June 21st at Nike campus in Beaverton, OR. #USATFmeeting
1 Dec

wineberg400 Mary Wineberg
Headed to the track to get my quick workout in #usatfmeeting taking a break, I'll be bacccckkkk
1 Dec

Karasayshi Kara Patterson
USATF members at the #USATFMeeting have the opportunity to be a part of the new marketing campaign! So cool.
1 Dec

DavydCash Davyd CashƠ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴͡
@Karasayshi @USATrack_Field #USATFMeeting USATF has a marketing campaign?! That is news
1 Dec

Oiselle Sally Bergesen
RT @milertom You got it wrong. Nike is USATF. More of a Hedge Fund gone bad. @TrackFieldAA @USATrack_Field #USATFMeeting
1 Dec

#USATFmeeting dinner with a group, including Nick Symmonds, getting a preview of tomorrow's logo/sponsor discussion... Can't wait!
1 Dec

MacOnTrack MacKenzie Hill
At the #usatfmeeting geting good info about my sport an what's available for the athletes!!
1 Dec

polevaultpower Pole Vault Power
#USATFMeeting update: rules committee withdrew proposal 27 which would have allowed meets to impose ANY logo restriction #goodcall
1 Dec

Chatted w/ a committee chair & high ranking official who thought the "uniform guidelines" are in the rule book. They're not. #USATFMeeting
1 Dec

I'm awake, belly is full, #USATFmeeting is under way. Four those following uniform/logo issue, it is scheduled for the 3pm session.
2 Dec

#USATFmeeting doesn't mean it won't come up earlier...
2 Dec

MsAkiba Akiba McKinney
#USATFmeeting (youth section) 5 athletes walk in! Older gentleman: why are THEY here,its supposed to be a closed meeting. Err #NOTwelcomed
2 Dec

MsAkiba Akiba McKinney
#USATFmeeting Then we were told to back away from the table "seats taken" for Advisers only! #MeanElderlyPeople
2 Dec

Just got a standing applause as the elite athletes came forward in the officials meeting #usatfmeeting #winning
2 Dec

Better be at Parkview @ 3 if you want in on the big meeting. AAC starting it at 3:00 even if that means no McNees or Hightower #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

AAC had presentation on wealth management earlier, now talking about details for World Indoors and Olympic training camp in UK #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

BrandonBethke Brandon Bethke
Get involved and follow the AAC meeting discussing uniform policies for USATF @TrackFieldAA will be giving updates #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

LionelLarry Lionel Larry
Sounds like the athletes at the #USATFMeeting are really pushin for a change. Get'r done!
2 Dec

Gregtrack2012 Greg Nixon
Big meeting next up at 3pm!!! #USATFMEETING
2 Dec

RyleyMiller Ryley Miller
Happy to see so many people interested in the #USATFmeeting! Wish I could be there!
2 Dec

David_Torrence David Torrence
Sitting down for the meeting with AAC, hope to see some change and solutions come through! @TrackFieldAA will be updating. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

We had a brief presentation from a tour company, still waiting for some to show up for the big meeting. Most not til 4. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

BrandonBethke Brandon Bethke
Just sat down at the AAC meeting...here we go #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

#USATFmeeting I can feel the anticipation growing as the room fills up here in St.Louis.
2 Dec

Flotrack Flotrack
Typo on our end, use #USATFMeeting for updates from the USATF Sponsorship meeting....go get it athletes!!
2 Dec

I would like everyone to know I made my Ergo baby carrier IAAF compliant. #TapingOverLogos #FollowingIAAFRules #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Flotrack Flotrack
LIVE VIDEO from USATF Meeting! About to get after sponsorship issue!! #USATFMeeting fb.me/OcfVl8e2
2 Dec

Panel: Bob Hersh (IAAF VP), Saucony Rep, Nike Rep, T&F Meet Promoter Rep, Marathon/RR Rep, adidas Rep via phone. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

I _HATE_ that we are starting this without McNees and Hightower present. They have another meeting right now. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

strang22 Scott Strang
@Flotrack keep the updates coming on #USATFmeeting please. I can't understand the livestream. Terrible sound quality.
2 Dec

#USATFmeeting in the room, IAAF-Bob Hirsch, Saucony, Nike, Adidas(skype), Meet promoters (Ian Stewart), Long Distance running Glenn Latimer,
2 Dec

ShaLayla Shayla
RT @TrackFieldAA: Live stream of the uniform policies discussion with USATF board & sponsor reps HERE: bit.ly/rRHmMq #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

I feel that it is VERY important to have this issue discussed with all USATF VIPs present. #USATFMeeting JD is giving background info
2 Dec

Nick Symmonds about to speak. I know he wanted to do this in front of McNees and Hightower... #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Nick made his clothing that he is wearing right now IAAF compliant by taping over it #loveit :) #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Flotrack Flotrack
nick symmonds @nsymm800 LIVE now at the #USATFMeeting !! fb.me/1wfTweDZx
2 Dec

#USATFmeeting ...we, the athletes, are USATF... there is nothing without the athletes. -Symmonds
2 Dec

ShaLayla Shayla
#USATFmeeting RT @SteepleCoach: Nike-Capriotti, Adidas-Nel, Saucony-Bossardet, Nick Symmonds up to speak right now
2 Dec

Nick mentions the @clubnorthwest Club Nationals issue and the #pickybar issue. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

tracksuperfan Jesse Squire
The all-purpose administrator dodge RT @polevaultpower: McNees and Hightower not present. They have another meeting right now. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

TrackFieldAA T&F Athletes Assn
.@nsymm800 talks frustration re: logo rules. Has tape over logos on his hat & shirt #USATFMeeting yfrog.com/mm5jncj
2 Dec

Nick trying to understand how guidelines that are not a rule are being enforced. Wants USATF to stop enforcing a nonrule #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

LMontenebro Lionel Montenegro
This #USATFMeeting is getting very involved. I hope these athletes there get what they deserve in terms of sponsorship rules.
2 Dec

Nick wants the logo stuff to be between athletes, agents and sponsors, not USATF #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

#USATFmeeting Jon Drummond acting as mediator. IAAF perspective from Hirsch coming up...
2 Dec

Bob Hersh up now. I spoke with Bob on the phone recently, he's a good guy. He is our IAAF rep and IAAF VP #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Bob Hersh says that Boston was NOT an IAAF permit meet. IAAF did not have jurisdiction and no IAAF officials there. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

IAAF has jurisdiction over INTERNational meets. DO NOT apply to any USATF Championships. #ILoveBobHersh #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

IAAF does not care what USATF does at our National Championships #IToldYouSo #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

throwRgirl Loree Smith
#usatfmeeting as throwers who don't get a lot of traditional sponsors, this information is huge for us to try to make additional income
2 Dec

"The IAAF rules do NOT apply to any domestic meet. They do NOT apply to USATF Championships." Bob Hersh #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

"The IAAF sponsors are where we get the $ to pay prize $. The sponsors are telling us they want the exclusivity" Bob Hersh #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

IAAF sponsors funded $7 million in prize money for Daegu. The sponsors <3 the IAAF regulations. Want exclusivity. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

throwRgirl Loree Smith
#usatfmeeting interesting how something became a policy and was never voted on. Iaaf rule does not include our national and local meets.
2 Dec

#USATFmeeting iaaf rules apply to international comp. Nothing domestic unless it is a diamond league or iaaf international comp on u.s. Soil
2 Dec

brtvnlst Bart van Aalst
#USATFmeeting" will this give a breakthrough in athletics sponsorship? Probably not; a wall moves more easily than #IAAF-Watch via @flotrack
2 Dec

laurenfleshman Lauren Fleshman
"sponsorship exclusivity made it possible for us to get prize money at worlds." Not worth the 1000 bucks for 7th. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

throwRgirl Loree Smith
#usatfmeeting new iaaf ruling. invitational meets will allow personal sponsors on right shoulder. Working on non commercial club logos.
2 Dec

IAAF rules 2012 will allow the personal sponsor OR a club logo, but not both. Hersh pushing for athlete-friendly changes. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

melinda_owen Melinda Owen
Time to stop complaining and start doing something about it! Things are getting real at #USATFMeeting dealing with Logos.
2 Dec

Bob Hersh loves @clubnorthwest haha #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

aprilvault April SteinerBennett
@Flotrack the sound on the live feed is extremely hard to understand at the #USATFMeeting. DOnt know if you can do anything about it?
2 Dec

ShaLayla Shayla
Wow!! IAAF now allowing room on vest for another sponsor! It's a start!#USATFmeeting
2 Dec

Glenn Latimer, chair of men's LDR, at the podium now to discuss Marathon Majors #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Flotrack Flotrack
Latimer says @nsymm800 was 100% wrong about @laurenfleshman and @pickybars #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

"Lauren (Fleshman) chose to violate the regulations to her own sponsor, to Power Bar who she has a contract w/" Glenn Latimer #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Glenn Latimer explaining that the marathon majors are under IAAF regulations and that @laurenfleshman knew the rules. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

"You won't get onto the course at the Olympic Trials in January if you're wearing something bizarre." Glenn Latimer #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

RyleyMiller Ryley Miller
Is it odd that I'm wondering what input Bill Bowerman would have on this #USATFmeeting?
2 Dec

@
@polevaultpower Glenn Latimer acts like we sat around reading the rule book together the night be4 NY. I was told in person I owned my skin.
2 Dec

Caps talking on behalf of nike at #USATFMeeting.
2 Dec

Capriotti says Nike's sponsorship is less valuable if athletes can wear any logo. Fund everyone's trip to Nationals then Nike! #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

"If athletes came to start line w/ any sponsor tattoo they want, that'd make my sponsorship much less valuable" John Capriotti #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

@TrackFieldAA can someone adjust the sound on the live feed at the #USATFMeeting? its extremely mumbled. Thanks!
2 Dec

To caps point, threatening to pay athletes less $ if they have multiple spnsors only hurts like 50 people. Most pros are being reduced as is
2 Dec

#USATFmeeting Glenn Latimer spoke about how Fleshman was in the wrong at NYC, and the rules were enforced properly. I think I agree...
2 Dec

Shoe sponsors are generous and nike has been great to me, but the sport will benefit from multiple sponsors on the whole. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

McNees speaking now. #USATFMeeting Apologizes for scheduling conflict.
2 Dec

Interim CEO Mike McNees says what characterizes this issue is a lot of misunderstanding of the driving forces. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Stop lying McNees!!! #USATFMeeting says they don't want to legislate against club logos. #IDontBelieveYou
2 Dec

#USATFmeeting ...what we're saying is that things should change. McNees (USATF interim CEO) speaking now
2 Dec

throwRgirl Loree Smith
#usatfmeeting says "misunderstanding" and "ignorance" is the problem. Usatf does not want to legislate against club logos.
2 Dec

McNees was NOT willing to compromise when @clubnorthwest (me) proposed a VERY reasonable compromise for Club Nationals #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

brtvnlst Bart van Aalst
Listening to the poor quality webcast of the #USATFmeeting: will anything change? NO
2 Dec

McNees rambling. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Stop trying to "stay alive" usatf, start trying to thrive! We don't want USATFs $, we want the opportunity to make our own. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

brownzm Zack Brown
How come the Club Northwest logo wasn't allowed, but the Oregon Project one is? #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

#USATFmeeting SRO in the back. McNees encouraging discussion between athletes and the major sponsors... Shoes companies.
2 Dec

Now the shoe companies are going to discuss the policies that they have with their athletes. Reebok up first. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Reebok now reiterating what the rest of them have said. It seems everyone on the panel thinks the rules should stay as is. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

ShaLayla Shayla
Sounds like the shoe companiesall got together to back Nike.... not sure why.... #USATFmeeting
2 Dec

Reebok is talking. Didn't they drop running all together? #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

RyleyMiller Ryley Miller
One flaw with Reebok's NFL comparison...football players make at least 6-figures. They don't need more sponsors...#USATFmeeting
2 Dec

The athletes are itching to get to speak. Rumblings around the room. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

OMG why does there need to be uniform sizing with logos? Be creative!! #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Shoe companies need to worry about their own athletes and keep their nose out of other athletes' business. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Zel_ish1 Josue Louis
All pro. Track & Field Athletes like myself inside of the US should be following @TrackFieldAA or @Flotrack breaking news from #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

#USATFMeeting a lot of this has to do w/ the NFL but the NFL players get the rights to their face in the media & get paid that way. we dont
2 Dec

throwRgirl Loree Smith
#usatfmeeting being told track survives by shoe companies is hard to keep hearing. We sound like a charity case.
2 Dec

It's frustrating that athletes don't know information about their own shoe contracts. Asics pays me to promote THEIR brand. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Shoe companies: "We're on your side" - Only @BrooksRunning is on _my_ side. The other companies are not. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

A medalist athlete would likely choose exclusivity. A developing athlete would require multiple small sponsorships. #choice #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Flotrack Flotrack
RT @MrJamesCarter : Athletes are not 1st in T&F-thats the motor of the sport. Nike runs USATF there4, Nike runs the damn show! #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

JD asking someone if other sponsors are interested in T&F. Let the ATHLETES try to get sponsors!! #USATFMeeting Let the free market rule.
2 Dec

brtvnlst Bart van Aalst
wished @flotrack made the #USATFmeeting webcast, can't see or hear hardly anything.
2 Dec

Flotrack Flotrack
RT @MrJamesCarter : Athletes are trying to make more money & bring more money to the sport but these guys just care about them #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

rich kenah, social media is changing everything. We athletes do exist and market outside of oly years. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

JozDalt Joslyn Dalton
S/o 2 @anngaff at #USATFMeeting & others taking a stand in having ability to market themselves #NASCARbodies #sellyourselfcausenooneelseis
2 Dec

"What non-endemic [non-track & field-industry] sponsors look for is media. Media drives marketing." Rich Kenah #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

#USATFmeeting Rich Kenah answering the question, Are sponsors knocking down the door for track athletes... Answer: no, but what we should do
2 Dec

Ell_Boogie Boogie Man
Are y'all following this #USATFMeeting ??
2 Dec

"If you want to make an impact, let's look at the size of the logo." Rich Kenah wants single logo to be bigger #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

EAhops Erica McLain
Rich Cana makes a good point: What will drive sponsors is less about logos on uniforms... It's more about getting in media. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

LukasVerzbicas Lukas Verzbicas
Damn this #USATFMeeting is gonna start trending soon
2 Dec

Nike rep nodding in agreement with the statement that no one else wants us. I disagree!!! #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

#USATFmeeting ...is to focus on delivering media to our sponsors, bc, he said that logo size really isn't the issue, can't see well anyways
2 Dec

throwRgirl Loree Smith
Some meetings we're told we're growing, sometimes we're told we're dying. Always depends on whose talking #usatfmeeting
2 Dec

le_diable Lesley Higgins
I don't give a flying f*ck if the shoe companies that aren't paying me can't find their logo on my chest #usatfannualmeeting
2 Dec

markflocasts Mark Flocasts
#USATFMeeting ask @treyhardee about Redbull. They want their logo on him.
2 Dec

Max Siegel up now. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Excited to hear Max Siegel talk about this! #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

hhall5223 Hunter Hall
#usatfmeeting Why are these guys talking down to the athletes like they are little kids? So demeaning. Show some respect!
2 Dec

Well said Rich Kenah. Nascar guy is talking now. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

MBourgeois02 Michael Bourgeois
@Flotrack is raping my feed. Good thing #usatfmeeting is interesting
2 Dec

JessyWessy001 Jessica Osteen
This #USATFmeeting seems like its getting serious . Thanks for the updates ..
2 Dec

mariofraioli Mario Fraioli
Follow #USATFMeeting for some interesting insight on the sad state of sponsorship and marketing in the sport of Athletics.
2 Dec

Don't think the Amateur Sports Act was created w/ intent to give sponsors more power in NGBs than athletes #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

RyleyMiller Ryley Miller
These explanations make sense for the top-tier athletes...but few big-time sponsors have high demand for developing athletes. #USATFmeeting
2 Dec

earlymorningrun Lisa Alcorn
Wish I was at the #USATFMeeting The tweets coming from it are so intriguing!
2 Dec

Max Siegel up now. Discussing what drives the shoe sponsors to put their $ in certain places #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Flotrack Flotrack
RT @MrJamesCarter: Needs to take the focus off of logos & put it on money because thats the issue. Athletes want to get paid #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Zel_ish1 Josue Louis
#USATFMeeting is definitely about to start trending really soon!!! I hope all Pro and Non Pro athletes are keying in...#PowerToTheAthlete
2 Dec

Mr_MJP Mr. Marcus
So whats to be accomplished in this #USATFMeeting? track athletes can't dare go on a strike specially with an olympic year coming up.
2 Dec

DE_rek_XC Derek Sparks
Watching this #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

RunCompetitor Competitor Magazine
Watch the #USATFMeeting live right now on @Flotrack : ow.ly/7N1ZY
2 Dec

goldmedalgreats Gold Medal Greats
RT @zel_ish1: All pro. T&F Athletes like myself inside of the US should be following @TrackFieldAA@Flotrack breaking news from #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

le_diable Lesley Higgins
Sh*t's about to get real! Tune in RT @Flotrack: LIVE now at the #USATFMeeting !! fb.me/1wfTweDZx
2 Dec

RT @Mr_MJP: whats to be accomplished in this #USATFMeeting? ath can't dare go on a strike specially with an oly yr. Actually only yr theycan
2 Dec

Ian Stewart calling us out :) "you say you're professionals; act like it." #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

I'll be honest, I didn't get one point that Max Siegel was trying to say. He brought up NASCAR and how much it takes for teams to operate...
2 Dec

...but never got what he was actually trying to say. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Bully for you, UK Athletics. But we're in America... #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

JessyWessy001 Jessica Osteen
They trynna' cause another lockout . Smh lol .. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

jasonbyrne Jason Byrne
Audio's pretty bad, but #USATFMeeting is pretty intense right now ustream.tv/channel/track-…
2 Dec

ShaLayla Shayla
They are now telling us to cut the live feed..... #USATFmeeting stupid
2 Dec

Flotrack Flotrack
" @MrJamesCarter Two words T&F athletes...CONTROL & PIMPING...Thats what is all about. #USATFMeeting "
2 Dec

JonasDosWhale Jonathan Phillips
Nike literally owns athletics #USATFMeeting #scary
2 Dec

theolympicyear Austin Selby
@Flotrack I am pretty sure Pre would be damn proud of track athletes today #usatfmeeting
2 Dec

Apparently the Amateur Sports Act has failed to put control of the NGB in the hands of the athletes. AAU days all over again. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

ptoddFTW Patrick Todd
#USATFMeeting will some1 please bring up the PGA? Not even Tiger has an exclusive deal (Nike & Buick) yet 100s of golfers make $100k a yr
2 Dec

"If you think you're gonna walk into 1 of our track meets wearing Axer across your chest, it's not gonna happen." Ian Stewart #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

le_diable Lesley Higgins
Gloves are off - live feed going down #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Sunlight is the best disinfectant RT @ShaLayla: They are now telling us to cut the live feed..... #USATFmeeting stupid
2 Dec

#USATFmeeting @Flotrack no live feed is being allowed!
2 Dec

throwRgirl Loree Smith
#USATFMeeting live feed off now... It's about to get real I think...
2 Dec

Live feed just pulled from this meeting. Sorry folks. #USATFMeeting Q&A about to start.
2 Dec

EAhops Erica McLain
Ooo they just turned off the live web feed. It's about to get real here at the #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

brownzm Zack Brown
@ShaLayla Transparency isn't their strong point. #USATFmeeting
2 Dec

dmercado87 Danny
live feed was cut during the #USATFmeeting ... are you f*** kidding me????
2 Dec

Mike_Rutt Mike Rutt
#USATFmeeting......cutting off the feed? really?? That's a "C'mon man!" moment
2 Dec

Hightower speaking now. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Danielled7 DanielleDomenichelli
Whaaaaattt cut the live feed?!?!? #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

#USATFMeeting R u kidding? THe community is the power, and the establishment knows that and you shut down the live feed? Very Weak
2 Dec

rnn1ngf00l John Kenworthy
#USATFMeeting wow. Cutting the live feed? How does that make @USATrack_Field look good to the public? What are you trying to hide?!??
2 Dec

Twitter is now extremely important folks. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

rob_nap Robert Napolitano
Onehundreth tweet goes out to @Flotrack !! #usatfmeeting is getting crazy! Throw us runners a bone #gettinfiesty!
2 Dec

jasonbyrne Jason Byrne
They just cut the live feed at #USATFmeeting because sponsors want to keep it private? Is that what he said?
2 Dec

Zel_ish1 Josue Louis
@TrackFieldAA What are they afraid of! #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

ithrowtiles Stephanie
@TrackFieldAA Were losing sponsors to soccer....look at this pic. paragasfile.blogs.com/.a/6a00d834207… I see lots of logos here! #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Oiselle Sally Bergesen
@drlesko @laurenfleshman Dang. Live feed cut. The revolution will not be televised. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

"There's not a whole bunch of money to just throw around. It's not here guys." Stephanie Hightower #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

HouseofRun House of Run
Is this part where they wheel in Doug Logan? #usatfmeeting
2 Dec

BMoreRunning RunBaltimore
Just came back to one million tweets about the #USATFMeeting #youknowyourearunnerwhen
2 Dec

hhall5223 Hunter Hall
Making them cut the live feed? Embarassed or does #usatfmeeting have something to hide? freaking ridiculous! fans keep the sport going!
2 Dec

#USATFMeeting Athletes need to have some guts. Cutting out the live feed. If you have no guts how will you gain ground.
2 Dec

sjchristdsc Spencer
@Flotrack I'm sorry, 93% of communicating is non-verbal, I agree! #occupyUSATF #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

RyleyMiller Ryley Miller
Aw man, I was really enjoying the #USATFmeeting! Don't necessarily agree w/everything, but was really informative.
2 Dec

#USATFmeeting Hightower asking for civility as we go into the question and answer session
2 Dec

ShaLayla Shayla
Everyone calling us unprofessional.... this is a bunch of B.S. #USATFmeeting
2 Dec

MBourgeois02 Michael Bourgeois
i just found out there was a live feed of the #usatfmeeting and now its shut down #notimpressed
2 Dec

brownzm Zack Brown
@USATrack_Field Cutting the live feed during the meeting? Very professional. #USATFmeeting
2 Dec

RT @hhall5223: Making them cut the live feed? Embarassed or does #usatfmeeting have something to hide? freaking ridiculous!
2 Dec

throwRgirl Loree Smith
#USATFMeeting Stephanie asked if we knew it's an economic crisis.Yeah I made an Olympic team delivering pizzas and the help of my club nyac
2 Dec

#USATFMeeting If you shut off the live feed, you disconnect the rest of us. Thanks alot. AGAIN we let the panel have control
2 Dec

#USATFmeeting Capriotti with NIKE leaving the meeting, people shouting, bc of the flotrack feed
2 Dec

jasonbyrne Jason Byrne
I don't pretend to know the details, but do they really think there are secrets anymore? #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

DunbarTrevor Trevor Dunbar
i love lamp #USATFmeeting
2 Dec

brownzm Zack Brown
@polevaultpower I assume they mean leave USATF and start a new organization that actually cares about the athletes #USATFmeeting
2 Dec

#USATFMeeting anyone know why they shut off the feed. I was waiting for the Q & A
2 Dec

jasonbyrne Jason Byrne
What u don't want people to know, they will want to know more fervently. Just got a lot more curious than I was. #USATFmeeting
2 Dec

At this time, anyone except athletes and agents are being asked to leave. The shoe companies are very unhappy about live feed. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Flotrack Flotrack
It is so funny how people are blaming Flotrack. we're sitting here in Austin people #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Mike_Rutt Mike Rutt
@Flotrack just giving the people what they want....#USATFMeeting
2 Dec

The athletes are ready to have a conversation. Those who couldn't be here simply wanted to be a part of it. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Wow. Just wow! RT @TrackFieldAA: Members of the panel were going to leave the room if the live feed wasn't disconnected. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Zel_ish1 Josue Louis
@TrackFieldAA Are you Freaking kidding me!!!!!! There are thousands of us athletes this effects! So to leave us out is B.S #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

#USATFmeeting AAC members only allowed in the room. Issue is whether or not we/anyone knew if we could not broadcast! Clearing everyoneelse
2 Dec

RL_Starke Richard Starkey
Anyone else watching the #usatfmeeting tweets and getting extremely curious? #iminhighschool #idonthavetoworryyet
2 Dec

EAhops Erica McLain
Tensions are high! “@TrackFieldAA: John Capriotti has left the room. Hightower tells @anngaff not to have an attitude. #USATFMeeting”
2 Dec

JozDalt Joslyn Dalton
I want tweets from @anngaff on #USATFMeeting! Much support from outside the meeting room 4 you elite atheltes. Convo was long time coming.
2 Dec

rickeymoody Rickey Moody
#USATFMeeting owning my feed.Let the Runners do what they need to get their money. I know first hand the money isnt there in track. justdoit
2 Dec

Zel_ish1 Josue Louis
Hows this for us Track & Field Athletes being "Unprofessional"?... #OccupyUSATF #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

HouseofRun House of Run
Probably isn't a group of people more sensitive to feeds going down than track fans. Kicking a hornet's nest #usatfmeeting
2 Dec

Flotrack Flotrack
@laurenfleshman we're causing trouble from the comfort of our own homes apparently #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

dwartenburg Drew Wartenburg
@TrackFieldAA We understand the 'driving forces' clearly, Mr McNees. It's not athletes/coaches/members of @USATrack_Field. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

flycolemanfly Adam Coleman
s*** just got real. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

jasonbyrne Jason Byrne
@Flotrack Trouble makers. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

#USATFmeeting not what we wanted to happen... Could have been avoided with some ground rules up front.
2 Dec

EAhops Erica McLain
@TrackFieldAA But by journalism standards the feed w/o their knowledge is actual wrong but sigh. Can't we just all get along #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

theoverheadwire The Overhead Wire
Massive upheaval happening in track and field right now. Follow #usatfmeeting hashtag
2 Dec

LMontenebro Lionel Montenegro
#USATFMeeting is string intense is it that shoe companies don't think people can hear?
2 Dec

What a s*** show in Indianapolis right now. Sad state of affairs on many levels. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

alfredom2012 Alfredo Martinez Jr
For anyone who wants a look into the dysfunctional group that is USATF & IAAF, have a look at #USATFMeeting. Athletes getting screwed.
2 Dec

dwartenburg Drew Wartenburg
@TrackFieldAA @USATrack_Field Pull back the curtain. What is there to hide? #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

jasonbyrne Jason Byrne
Not trying to take sides or anything, because I don't know enough. But censorship makes me uneasy. And curious. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

JoeBattaglia1 Joe Battaglia
From where I'm sitting, someone should have sold/bought streaming rights to #USATFMeeting. #riveting
2 Dec

WritingAboutRun Pat Price
Glad to see @anngaff is swinging the heavy lumber #USATFMeeting She's an excellent ambassador of sport & athlete's rights #FreeAnnGaffigan
2 Dec

Zel_ish1 Josue Louis
I'm sure its like a cat and dog match inside of there...Sorry newsfeed got cut so can't tell you...but guess whose the Cat #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

AYBegay Alvina Begay
Following the tweets from the #usatfmeeting. Drama!
2 Dec

ryanflotrack Ryan Fenton
Apparently the flotrack account tweeted too much this morning. a lot going down! hopefully i don't get blamed for anything now #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

JozDalt Joslyn Dalton
Beyond wanting more $, can't imagine Nike/Adidas athletes are on same page. Can't imagine sprinters/throwers are on same page. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

B_Sotelo13 Brandon Sotelo
@Flotrack This #USATFMeeting is the equivalent of those NBA lockout negotiations
2 Dec

TobeyMaRhodes Lee Rhodes
Now, what's gonna happen if the shoe companies bail on T&F! No sponsorships!! There is bigger markets out there! #USATFMEETING
2 Dec

Is it possible to make changes while being respectful to those who are doing good work in a bad situation? #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

RyleyMiller Ryley Miller
I know a lot of people have legitimate questions. I do too! It's too bad people at home won't hear the debate! #USATFmeeting
2 Dec

natehoule Nate Houle
We shouldn't associate ourselves with Occupy (anything) guys. Most people just see them as bratty children. #usatfmeeting
2 Dec

Zel_ish1 Josue Louis
Thank you #USATF for inspiring me to understand that us #TracknFieldAthletes are on our own...#USATFMeeting
2 Dec

JozDalt Joslyn Dalton
You following the #USATFMeeting thread, @darrenrovell? You should be. Track athletes fighting 4 right 2 market themselves like NASCAR. $$$
2 Dec

chaosthemonster chaos
I don't follow Track and Field but it sounds like s*** just got real serious at #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

hakondevries Hakon DeVries
Felt like I was a fly on the wall at the #usatfmeeting. Thanks @anngaff @Flotrack @trackfieldaa @polevaultpower for all the tweets.
2 Dec

booobsweat Jenna Mary
They cut the live feed?! ! #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

joannadhayes joanna hayes
RT @anngaff: Now they want me to leave. #USATFMeeting ~> WHAT? WHY?
2 Dec

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Re: Relive the excitement of #USATFMeeting

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:22 pm

syerramiaW Syerramia Willoughby
Wow! Totally gripped by all the tweets from the #usatfmeeting
2 Dec

OhhhhhhMFG... got kicked out of the meeting that was supposed to be OPEN because I am not an AAC member!! #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Zel_ish1 Josue Louis
Haha #USATFMeeting RT @TmBo_Slice I'm gonna write a book. "How Nike ruined USATF"
2 Dec

TreniereMoser Treniere Moser
@anngaff #USATFMeeting what's going on? They asked u to leave?
2 Dec

HouseofRun House of Run
This probably is a bad time to ask about the OT marathon feed, right? #usatfmeeting
2 Dec

JeffCoover Jeff Coover
Some serious s*** going down in St Louis right now. USATF holding athletes and coaches out of their meeting. #USATFMeeting gone wrong.
2 Dec

Aren't there a lot of throwers on the AAC? Have to think they'd carry water for the "have-nots" in this fight. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

#USATFMeeting will i just have to say that it was nice to hear some of the meeting. Now we have to trust our AAC reps to represent us well!
2 Dec

Jill_Montgomery Jill Montgomery
What the HELL is going on in Indianapolis....uproar at #USATFMeeting?! Im hearing feeds cut and Q&A getting salty? Oh my.
2 Dec

Craig_Stanke Craig Stanke
What the hell is going on at USATF meeting in St. Louis? This tag is blowing up: #USATFMeeting Disgruntled athletes, others on defensive
2 Dec

jennypoore jennypoore
Ok, what's going on with the #USATFMeeting? I need some details
2 Dec

chris_brown22 Chris Brown
@aggietrk whats going on with the #USATFmeeting ? its bout to start trending its blowing up right now
2 Dec

DanFava Dan Fava
What the heck is going on at the #USATFmeeting right now?!
2 Dec

@clubnorthwest was told we would have a chance to ask questions at this meeting. We are MAJORLY affected by this stuff. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Oiselle Sally Bergesen
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable. - John F. Kennedy #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Sorry I wasn't a talented enough athlete to be eligible for AAC :( #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Zel_ish1 Josue Louis
Hmmm perhaps the #USATF fails to realize...but without us "UnProfessional" #TrackAthletes there is no #USATF #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

JozDalt Joslyn Dalton
@Jill_Montgomery You know our girl @anngaff is repping hard for the sport! #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

chaz_thomas Chaz Thomas
Ahh all these questions about #USATFMeeting ... Maybe u should have just come urself. This is goooooood stuff
2 Dec

karlkauffman Karl Kauffman
@polevaultpower So they really booted you? Incredible #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

The athletes are in the room. They are trying to get the panelists to come back in. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

hhall5223 Hunter Hall
#usatfmeeting Wishing Prefontaine was still around at the meeting tonight. Sure, say its cliche, but he would be all over this s***
2 Dec

Adam Nelson: "Can we shift the focus and talk to Bob Hersh since he's still in the room?" #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

bowermancurve Ray Minchew
Go Nick! #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

#USATFmeeting Nelson- what can we do to increase the awareness of track and field outside of the Olympics
2 Dec

"The model is not working." Adam Nelson, athletes clap in agreement #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

joemoorerunning Joe Moore
I don't understand how an organization can inhibit sponsorship in a revenue-less sport. There is obviously more going on. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

chris_kaneUT chris kane
#usatfmeeting is gettin real as hell right now. Love following these tweets right now. @Flotrack keep RT tonite!
2 Dec

#USATFmeeting calls out IAAF saying that the marketing rules/limitations are not working, so who exactly are they listening to?
2 Dec

throwRgirl Loree Smith
#USATFMeeting people need to be involved in the usatf and #tfaa to learn more about their sport. So much behind the curtain we don't see
2 Dec

OhImBlack Brandon Robinson
Getting ready for my first indoor high school meet of the season while listening in on the #USATFmeeting I really wanna just stay home.
2 Dec

@tracksuperfan there are throwers here...Adam is a good outspoken one but no one has gotten to ask questions yet. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

lewistv Tom Lewis
American freedoms and capitalism realities doing battle at the #USATFMeeting ... very interesting stuff, quagmire of a problem it seems
2 Dec

#USATFmeeting ...in response to there being a decline in interest and support for track and field world wide
2 Dec

Zel_ish1 Josue Louis
Without us #TrackandFieldAthletes there wouldn't be a need for #USATF panel! They better stop acting 5 and "Unprofessional" #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Bob Hersh says the marketing agency working for IAAF recommends the strategy & the shoe companies seem to agree #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Devon Martin (Club Council Chair) and I asked McNees to come to our Club Council meeting at 6pm tonight. HE'D BETTER SHOW #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

MilesBatty Miles Batty
Dangit USATF! I have biochemistry homework to do but I can't get anything done because I'm too busy following the #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

XCsohaiyb Sohaiyb Soliman
Lol things are getting crazy up at the #USATFmeeting
2 Dec

L_A_W_7 Lane Werley
Wow. Things are going crazy during this #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

hhall5223 Hunter Hall
"The model is not working." #usatfmeeting
2 Dec

#USATFmeeting business model or marketing model? Which one if not working? IAAF interest is meeting the interest of their sponsors
2 Dec

RyleyMiller Ryley Miller
I just hope that the people pointing out problems with the system can also contribute to the solutions. #Compromise #USATFmeeting
2 Dec

rastaisgreen Ryan Larson
I want a cigarette now, because I like a cigarette after I've been screwed #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

#USATFmeeting PLEASE UNDERSTAND...live feed cut because those who represent the shoe companies CANNOT speak to the media, doors are closed!
2 Dec

JukeBox_DGAF Justin Koehn
This #USATFMeeting is getting very interesting
2 Dec

boulderrunner Boulder Runner
@ Interested in hearing out how USATF handles rulings on Elites logo/sponsorship @laurenfleshman @pickybars #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

strang22 Scott Strang
Well I listened to about 2 words in my bio lecture before getting back on twitter to follow this #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

mujozen Jolene C.
they cant stop u from tweeting! #longlivesocialmedia "@ShaLayla: They are now telling us to cut the live feed..... #USATFmeeting stupid"
2 Dec

#USATFmeeting Adidas, Spence Nel, finally being transported in electronically.
2 Dec

Gents_Standard Gentlemen_Standard
@ryanflotrack this should surprise no one. Greed runs rampant...sad, just sad. #USATFmeeting
2 Dec

mujozen Jolene C.
they made a HUGE mistake! "@dmercado87: live feed was cut during the #USATFmeeting ... are you f*** kidding me????"
2 Dec

jwjeffer John Jefferson
When is @laurenfleshman going to speak? She was affected first hand by these regulations. #USATFmeeting
2 Dec

Zel_ish1 Josue Louis
That live feed was awesome #USATFMeeting...Now I'm sitting here with #Popcorn in anticipation of more tweets from @Flotrack #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

BWilliamsUNC Blake Williams
I was enjoying the updates from @Flotrack... Now my twitter is lonely #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

jespinosa423 J. Morrison
My phones about to die on my way to home and I'm having a panic attack because I won't see the tweets about #USATFmeeting
2 Dec

#USATFmeeting Nel speaking on contractual agreements with their athletes, and what a contact means from both ends
2 Dec

karlkauffman Karl Kauffman
@polevaultpower So apparently they're pissed about the live feed now and want it cut. Who's surprised #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

jasonbyrne Jason Byrne
I just wanna see #USATFMeeting in the trending topics. Maybe that would get more attention for track & field. :-)
2 Dec

Zel_ish1 Josue Louis
I think they've "The Professionals", silenced @Flotrack #USATFMeeting haven't seen a tweet in 24mins and counting....#USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Happy hearing Spence Nel (Adidas) describing a typical shoe contract. Adding other logos is not a new issue. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Trying to get caught up on this "live" feed of the #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

AtoBoldon Ato Boldon
Be careful not to bite the hand that feeds you. TnF doesn't get fed from many places. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

ShaLayla Shayla
Great points made by Spence with Adidas ... Very well spoke.. #USATFmeeting
2 Dec

pursellt Terol Pursell
Curious on the outcome of the #USATFmeeting. Can't wait to hear it.
2 Dec

kerriculll Kerri Culhane
when your whole twitter feed is about the #USATFmeeting #trackgirlprobz
2 Dec

le_diable Lesley Higgins
This conversation is making smoke come out of my ears #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

TimSeaman TimSeaman
Thanks @andidrake for coming to the #USATFmeeting. It was great to be on the same panel as you. Thanks!
2 Dec

inkify Mathew Winkler
#USATFmeeting I wonder what it must like there right now. Fingers crossed for change
2 Dec

MuhajirSayer Muhajir Sayer
Can someone tell me what the hell is going on with #USATFMeeting, @anngaff & @flotrack. My entire newsfeed is about this, & I have no idea
2 Dec

FasterBunny Margs
Not exactly sure what's going on in the #USATFmeeting, but I can only assume they are all debating on who will sponsor me.
2 Dec

hhall5223 Hunter Hall
@AtoBoldon i'm surprised at you. I think it's the other way around. The USATF needs the athletes, not the other way around #usatfmeeting
2 Dec

To be clear, we were never told in advance that we could not tweet or broadcast the meeting. JD dropped the ball there IMO #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Run2Reign Jessica Beard
RT @ryanflotrack: RT @ShaLayla: Great points made by Spence with Adidas ... Very well spoke.. #USATFmeeting
2 Dec

FasterBunny Margs
in all seriousness, I'm loving @laurenfleshman 's tweets for the #USATFmeeting
2 Dec

CSwass28 Chris Sywassink
#USATFmeeting ... this stuff is redic. change needs to happen.
2 Dec

AndyCWalsh Andy Walsh
#USATFMeeting sounds interesting...was gonna watch it but the sponsors cut the live stream. Hope the athletes get some progress here...
2 Dec

BlakeIrwin Blake Irwin
Why shouldn't the public get to view the #USATFMeeting if I ever am lucky enough to make it my future running I want to take part in it!
2 Dec

We as athletes are fighting the wrong battle!! #usatfmeeting
2 Dec

@jasonbyrne How nice would that be, I'm sure most of the American public is unaware of what the USATF is #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

tiannamadison Tianna Madison
Those of us still in the sport do it because we love it. But if this is a business-capitalism should be the model. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

JillianWeir Jillian Weir
My whole timeline is full of #USATFMeeting tweets.
2 Dec

BFeldhausen Brennan Feldhausen
It won't be easy 2 get sponsors, but @USATF athletes should have the opportunity 2 - & be able 2 offer them their skin/jersey #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Dnt get it, we're told we r unprofsnl & bringing negatvty to meeting. Not ONE athlete said a word before the reps left? #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

bowermancurve Ray Minchew
This has devolved from a marketing/growing the brand conversation to pure dollars. This is the disconnect in a nutshell, IMO #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Talking about how these uniform rules are negatively effecting the USATF Club XC Championships in Seattle next weekend #usatfmeeting

treedog669 Ari Brown
@David_Torrence can you do a reddit post in r/advancedrunning about the #USATFMeeting ? i think a lot of ppl want to know wtf is going on
2 Dec Favorite Retweet Reply

Curious to see what comes of today's #USATFmeeting. Ugliness inevitably ensued and I'm not sure anything got resolved because of it.
2 Dec

MidKnightDreams Bianca KNIGHT. DUH!
Idk maaaan. They better chill out up there at that #USATFMeeting before they be done tried to have a lock-out.
2 Dec

We have a voice we just have 2 use it 25% makes a difference!! Equate it to track miss 25% of your training where would u be? #usatfmeeting
2 Dec

daveedtherunner David Urista
For the track heads out there it's getting heated between #USATFMeeting and athletes!!! Stay tuned to the track and field news!!!!
2 Dec

JonasDosWhale Jonathan Phillips
@NikeRunning Any opinions on the #USATFMeeting ?
2 Dec

MsAkiba Akiba McKinney
#USATFmeeting *deepsigh* a bit disappointed some KEY sponsors walked out! Inspired by those who returned to talk it out, Thank you!
2 Dec

throwRgirl Loree Smith
#USATFMeeting get it David!!! Couldn't have said it better myself. Respectful and succinct
2 Dec

Zel_ish1 Josue Louis
The outcome of this #USATFMeeting will be very interesting! It got ugly...In other news...The #2012Olympics are near...Keep #Grinding
2 Dec

natehoule Nate Houle
How is it that the shoe companies have any say in how this meeting is being conducted?? The athlete do b/c they're members! #usatfmeeting
2 Dec

leav620 Ian Leavitt
After today, it has become obvious that the USATF is going to continue to fail the athletes that entirely comprise the sport #USATFmeeting
2 Dec

runhers runhers women's club
Good luck athletes at the #USATFmeeting @runhers thinks some healthy imagination can do wonders for everyone! Create the world you want.
2 Dec

le_diable Lesley Higgins
I think the shoe companies are afraid that if they have competition, they're going to have to start offering bigger contracts #usatfmeeting
2 Dec

dcdelozier Dane DeLozier
Just got caught up on the day's worth of #usatfmeeting. What a mess... The #NFL & #NBA players have nothing to complain about.
2 Dec

Zel_ish1 Josue Louis
@le_diable you might be on to something #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

zoeakind Zoe Kind
Fascinating things transpiring at #USATFMeeting and simultaniously on here.
2 Dec

PrettyTough Pretty Tough
not sure which is more exciting-College Cup semifinal or battle going on at annual #USATFMeeting about athletes right to market themselves
2 Dec

#USATFmeeting McNees is saying to the athletes: Go market yourself! We are not restricting your ability to market yourself... Paraphrasing
2 Dec

le_diable Lesley Higgins
Mike McNees just confirmed that he's going to the Cub Council mtg at 6 to deal with uniform issues at Club XC Champs #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

NRScoach NE Running Services
Question remains whether logo freedom would lead to more money in pockets of athletes #usatfmeeting
2 Dec

Zel_ish1 Josue Louis
Hmmmm an ensuing #LockOut perhaps....or #OccupyUSATF you thought #NBA and #NFL Athletes had it bad...#SillyHumans welcome...#USATFMeeting
2 Dec

jesjamdub Jesse Williams
“@anngaff: Now they want me to leave. #USATFMeeting”ridiculous. Exactly why I didn't attend. They want to tell, not listen
2 Dec

treedog669 Ari Brown
who was that douchebag who would only let 30 people into two heats of the 800m instead of 32? #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Man, I'm tryna get on a Dark 'N Lovely perm box in the future. I hope they come to some type of agreement. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

mscherer Matt Scherer
If you're an athlete and don't want to join @TrackFieldAA now, you're crazy. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Is it better for athletes if usatf and iaaf can negotiate with sponsors to include logo restrictions? #USATFmeeting
2 Dec

runnersdeity Runner's Deity
@SteepleCoach how about more funding for athletes and lifting the vail of secrecy. #FreeAnnGaffigan #USATFmeeting
2 Dec

_Bad2DaBone J.L :)
#USATFmeeting stop with the nonsense pure f***!
2 Dec

RunColoOnline RunColo
The #usatfmeeting is really interesting right now. Interesting to see what comes of it. Hoping the athletes get what they need
2 Dec

MsCeltics4eva ♣♣Tanesha Celtics♣♣
They tryn to hve a lock out for pro track..#USATFMeeting not healthy
2 Dec

EAhops Erica McLain
WE as track athletes need to be marketing ourselves "daily" in some form. Are you marketable? What can u offer? #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

a logo restriction doesnt mean athletes cant have multiple sponsors. Jordan can wear Nike and be in gaterade commercials #usatfmeeting
2 Dec

#USATFmeeting discussion is on what we can do to market our self, not on the issues of logo/uniform rules.... :(
2 Dec

The sponsors are asking the athletes "what are you doing off the track? How are you being creative in marketing yourself?" #usatfmeeting
2 Dec

TourdeRun Tour de Run
Here's to civility at this year's #USATFmeeting (too late?).
2 Dec

Lilot1TrackMind Dan Lilot
No EZ answers. Would B great 2 have more sponsors, but B careful what U wish 4. Shoe $ crucial. If they pull back, what next? #USATFmeeting
2 Dec

My ideal sponsor situ: More allotted space for my primary sponsor (nike), bigger club name 2 help it get funding, & 2 arm tats #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

.@david_torrence doing a good job explaining that the athletes ARE trying to be creative but the rules/contracts restrict them #usatfmeeting
2 Dec

Zel_ish1 Josue Louis
I would be more than happy to wear a #Citco Gas Station Logo as a Sponsor #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

zombierunnr Sarah Harris
Power of twitter and some seriously interesting reading. #USATFMeeting and @Flotrack
2 Dec

RyleyMiller Ryley Miller
Well since we're talking about marketing ourselves... 4minutemiller.com #USATFmeeting #PickMe
2 Dec

Tangental usatf stick to the pt. @TrackFieldAA: The sponsors are asking How are you being creative in marketing yourself?" #usatfmeeting”
2 Dec

nyrr_pro nyrr_pro
Looks like I had to leave the #USATFMeeting to catch my flight right before it got interesting!
2 Dec

Tetlo Tetlo Emmen
Logo/uni debate a distraction. Symptom of bigger problem: no interest/revenue and inept/unaccountable/opaque organization #USATFmeeting
2 Dec

Zel_ish1 Josue Louis
It is truly sickening the lack of $ Opportunities Track & Field Athletes have bc of restrictions..we do this/live TnF 24/7 365 #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

BrooksGuru5 BrooksGuru5
#USATFmeeting support the athletes!
2 Dec

RobertoMandje Roberto Mandje
Wow my Twitter feed is going mental! Is there an Occupy USATF going on? Much support 2 all my USA TnF mates! #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Sorry twitter followers for the deluge of messages about the #USATFMeeting but this is a MAJOR event. Sport needs saving. Were in trouble.
2 Dec

Zel_ish1 Josue Louis
Oh what a day...#USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Brod262 Mike Brodzinski
@laurenfleshman I'm getting pissed off just reading everyones tweets over the #USATFMeeting Certainly not at the athletes of course. WTF???
2 Dec

Oiselle Sally Bergesen
@NRScoach Jordan also had a "love of the game" clause in his contract allowing him to play anytime, anywhere, wo restriction. #usatfmeeting
2 Dec

leanmachine12 David Elliott
#USATFMeeting we need sponsors on singlets. We need sponsors period, we are not a spectator sorts #noincome #nosport
2 Dec

sexcscarp sexcscarp
High school runner showing support for the pro's at the #USATFMeeting . Stay strong, don't buckle. Fight for what you deserve.
2 Dec

hhall5223 Hunter Hall
#usatfmeeting Athletes hang in there! You have a huge number of supporters!
2 Dec

zoeakind Zoe Kind
Supporting @TrackFieldAA memberships sound like great holiday gifts right about now... #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

tandfn Track and Field News
go to #USATFMeeting for ongoing Twitter commentary from athletes and what's going down in St. Louis. #fb
2 Dec

WilliamHeriot Blank Man
RT @ctinahurdles: I'm gettin a bad vibe from these #usatfmeeting tweets somebody fill me in!!
2 Dec

CurtisJD Curtis Dayson
Finally the athletes are standing up to this inept system, the athletes are struggling while the administrators are feasting. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

runthetrailsCO Luke C
@worldexpress isn't that because of the limitations USATF and it's sponsors place on it's athletes? Open market! #usatfmeeting @AtoBoldon
2 Dec

No time like the present to join the TFAA! trackandfieldathletesassociation.org/register2.php #usatfmeeting
2 Dec

JozDalt Joslyn Dalton
Watching #USATFMeeting stream - did he just compare calling out sponsors after a race to calling out Jesus Christ? #FreeAnnGaffigan
2 Dec

MsAkiba Akiba McKinney
#USATFmeeting Loving how passionate my fellow T&F athletes and our extremely supportive staff member are!
2 Dec

FloJoEsque24_5 LeseTHEOreoGangster
Sounds like things are getting deep @ the #USATFMeeting really inspires me to get better at marketing in order to get them & the WNBA on.
2 Dec

Zel_ish1 Josue Louis
I support the #USATF but geez throw an athlete a bone #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

chaz_thomas Chaz Thomas
I wonder how @newbalance wouls have reacted during todays somewhat controversal #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Run2Reign Jessica Beard
Welp its over...#USATFmeeting
2 Dec

MsAkiba Akiba McKinney
#USATFmeeting DAMNIT !!! Here we go again! Its always a selective few who ruin it for everyone! Meeting is over!
2 Dec

sdacre Stephanie Dacre
I'm glued to twitter for #USATFMeeting updates. Don't mean to sound like BSpears but any publicity is good publicity for the world of T&F!
2 Dec

Dirt_Proct Seth Proctor
Just spent the last 30min sifting thru #USATFMeeting tweets...don't know to be scared the sport is dieing or proud(?!) #crazy
2 Dec

ShaLayla Shayla
I'm too emotional for these meetings.. Had to leave.. So thankful I work for an amazing company in @BrooksElite , thank you! #USATFmeeting
2 Dec

LaurenCentro Lauren Centrowitz
#USATFMeeting Really disheartening 4 the sport & athletes, even w/ losing the live feed! Thx 2 the athletes who represented in our absence!
2 Dec

DJPyper DJ Pyper
I see my Track & Field buddies talkin about the #USATFMeeting today... more people should get involved in this worldwide professional sport
2 Dec

If ppl were more vocal we wouldn't be having this prblm Folks wait till it's broken 2try 2fix it Say somethn when it squeaks. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

throwRgirl Loree Smith
My questions weren't for shoe companies or about asking for money just why usatf would inhibit us from reping our own sponsor #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

ryanflotrack Ryan Fenton
@MrJamesCarter Hmmm...Meeting over with no solution huh? Not surprised by that either. Same stuff I see #USATFMeeting "
2 Dec

ShaLayla Shayla
I need to thank the other shoe companies for doing what they do for other athletes.. We're all trying to better the sport. #USATFmeeting
2 Dec

JozDalt Joslyn Dalton
@ryanflotrack If it came back on you'd be the first to know. I won't tell anyone you're secretly in St. Louis. Shhhhh #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Oiselle Sally Bergesen
@laurenfleshman a) why not stay and listen? b) is that a holding us together hold - or a choke hold? #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Snack_Tastic Devon Snack
some f*** up s*** is going down at the #USATFmeeting. =\
2 Dec

Zel_ish1 Josue Louis
@drubisunirun @Dirt_Proct I don't think the sport of Track & Field is dying...we just need some oxygen is all #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

@JozDalt: @ryanflotrack #USATFMeeting I heard it was Flotracks fault..... We get blamed 4 everything, even when we r not in the same state
2 Dec

Zel_ish1 Josue Louis
@laurenfleshman which, if things were diff, it wouldn't be that way and the sports life source wouldn't be Nike....#USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Madjoydav Madie Davidson
#USATFMeeting. This is whats up:"I'm Tired of USATF and IAAF Crippling Our Sport" | Flotrack | Flotrack flotrack.org/blog/38650 via @flotrack
2 Dec

ejferndz Eric Fernandez
If track had an NBA style lockout maybe ESPN will give us a 5:00 slot on #SportsCenter. Supporting the athletes! #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

It's amazing how much drama is being blamed on @Flotrack when they weren't even here!! #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Zel_ish1 Josue Louis
#RoundofApplause *Waka Flocka Voice* for absolutely nada #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

carabyrd Cara
My favorite item that came out of the #USATFmeeting the hashtag: #FreeAnnGaffigan
2 Dec

Waiting for Club Council meeting to get underway. I don't think they'll mind if I tweet haha #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

drubisunirun Derek Rubis
@pioneerrunner so who cares but Track is becoming a dying sport from what happened at #USATFMeeting today
2 Dec

McNees is here in the Club Council meeting. Mills 3 if you want to join us. We actually are OPEN. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

MsAkiba Akiba McKinney
#USATFmeeting My advice:if you don't like the contract presented to you,DO NOT SIGN THE s***! negotiate do not sign your life away then CRY
2 Dec

brimac7 Brian MacArthur
@Flotrack is the best thing that has happened to the sport in years! #USATFmeeting
2 Dec

3eleven07 Brad Ellis
#USATFMeeting Discussion of tough issues is a good thing. Change doesn't happen if everyone stays quiet. Stop blaming and keep talking.
2 Dec

coachjoeeby Joe Eby
@SteepleCoach #USATFmeeting if other logos diminish the value of there's why do they allow it for cycling, soccer, etc..??
2 Dec

jasonbyrne Jason Byrne
Track is not dying! Booming in hs, youth, road racing. Not translating into pro fans. So what's the solution? #usatfmeeting
2 Dec

matt_tay Matt Taylor
Great to see the passion, but amazing how many uninformed tweets/posts are coming out about #USATFmeeting. What a mess.
2 Dec

mscherer Matt Scherer
Why can't shoe companies write exclusivity into their contracts? Don't see how that wouldn't work. #USATFmeeting
2 Dec

roadkillracing Joshua Perks
Is USATF going to lock out their athletes like other Pro sports have this past year? #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

ryanflotrack Ryan Fenton
kinda glad I didn't make the trip to St Louis, getting the feeling we would have been asked to leave anyway #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

#USATFmeeting Becca Gillespy Peter representing at the club council...
2 Dec

roadkillracing Joshua Perks
If the USATF wants to dole out big contracts to US runners, then they can tell them what to wear #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Just want2say thanks to all those that were on the panel. Seeing all those figureheads helping 2 find a solution was amazing. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

FaFafablooey Bob Davis
All the tweets about the #USATFMeeting drama don't bother me a bit. Keep em coming. Ur tweets let fans know what's happening.
2 Dec

davidfuent David Fuentes
Sounds like the #usatfmeeting was a tad frustrating. Need to keep the convos going about marketing athletes better. Keep it in their ears!
2 Dec

TFAA positive about outcome of uniform rules discussion at USATF Annual Meeting bit.ly/slcV6s #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

ryanflotrack Ryan Fenton
we need to hear from athletes who were at the meeting today to keep the momentum going. If want to submit a blog contact me #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Discussing logo rules in club council meeting in Mills 3 at #USATFmeeting concerning next week's XC club nationals.
2 Dec

25is Adrian Woodley
#USATFmeeting amazing tweets from the meeting. Wish I could have witnessed live.
2 Dec

lilbeastie7 Beth Smith
#USATFMeeting completely raped my feed
2 Dec

How can you lock out track athletes? We have some real idiots calling the shots. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

Backbones wanted. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

#USATFmeeting success for club cross uniform issues, stay tuned for press release...
2 Dec

It appears that the USATF will not enforce the new logo regulations at xc club champs next week #USATFmeeting
2 Dec

Prefonbain Stephen Bain
With the way the world works today, you need to be transparent as a major organization making decisions. Don't lock the door. #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

There will be a resolution on Sundays closing session to stop USATF from regulating uniform logo rules. Show your support #USATFmeeting
2 Dec

EBlanshan Evan Blanshan
#USATFmeeting coverage by @flotrack gets shut down. God forbid fans/athletes know about a corrupt organization's plans. #OccupyTheTrack
2 Dec

jbigelow1 Jason Bigelow
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT #USATFMeeting LOUD NOISES
2 Dec

McNees fought it, but the Club Council was able to persuade him to lift the uniform restrictions for Club Nationals next week #USATFMeeting
2 Dec

LashindaDemus Lashinda Demus
Even though our last meeting was intense I feel that out of all things we both parties were heard which is rare! #USATFMeeting .
2 Dec

jasonbyrne Jason Byrne
I'm impressed with the ladies takin charge! @laurenfleshman @polevaultpower @anngaff #usatfmeeting
2 Dec

nyrr_pro nyrr_pro
I was at #USATFMeeting. Sponsors don't care about logo sizes. Sponsors care about consumer eyeballs.
2 Dec

HepsTrack Heps Track
Sounds like T&F is on the verge of occupation. #usatfmeeting
2 Dec

mba12 mba12
@Froyoist @nyrr RT Apparently, 2011-2012 will be the year running organizations try to take advantage of athletes. #USATFmeeting #occupyNYRR
2 Dec

JoeBosshard Joe
Pretty entertaining following the #USATFmeeting tweets today..will enjoy my remaining time in college #gotitmade
2 Dec

#USATFmeeting Funny they're all saying there is a lot of $ to be thrown around in our sport but last year Cap said there was 70-72 Million..
2 Dec

#USATFmeeting ...$70-72 million sponsorship dollars going towards athlete support, yet today they were saying it was $100 million. ? ? ?
2 Dec

Boog707 Stephanie Simpkins
Interesting tweets from #USATFmeeting Still a little unsure of how it went though... Some athletes are pissed, some are excited. #confused
2 Dec

A little more detail regarding uniforms at Club Nationals next week: trackandfieldnews.com/discussion/vie… #USATFMeeting
3 Dec

EAhops Erica McLain
Good morning St. Louis! Come run the Market Street Mile with me!! #USATFmeeting hpstm.tc/p/2qs6w #hipstamatic
3 Dec

paulmerca70601 Paul Merca
Progress and chaos at USATF Athletes Advisory Committee meeting in St. Louis... bit.ly/vkFuW8 #USATFMeeting
3 Dec

AtoBoldon Ato Boldon
One thing is for sure. This will be the last year I miss the #USATFMeeting
3 Dec

nsymm800 Nick Symmonds
Round three of #USATFMeeting starting now!
3 Dec

AAC Meeting kicking off with update from Bob Hersh regarding IAAF happenings. #USATFMeeting
3 Dec

IAAF considering relaxing OG standards in a few events. MPV not mentioned, I will try to ask about it specifically. #USATFMeeting
3 Dec

ShaLayla Shayla
Blarg.... #USATFmeeting here we go..........
3 Dec

No talk about lowering any pole vault standards. They were happy with the field sizes in Daegu #USATFMeeting
3 Dec

Uh oh, Stephanie Hightower up now to reflect on yesterday... #USATFMeeting
3 Dec

jonrankin Jon Rankin
Disappointed how AAC mtg at #usatfmeeting went yesterday. Listening to usatf pres talk about how it went & what it means today.
3 Dec

Hightower not apologizing for tone yesterday, but apologized for not thinking through the impact of social media in advance #USATFMeeting
3 Dec

jonrankin Jon Rankin
We have a greater need to become more professional within the org of #usatfmeeting both the athletes & employees of the org.
3 Dec

The Board of Directors has a fiduciary duty to protect the assets of USATF. (keep Nike happy) #USATFMeeting Worry about getting sued
3 Dec

There will be consequences to AAC because of this. No hint as to what that means. #USATFMeeting
3 Dec

@nsymm800 asked that they keep in mind we are not lawyers and don't know all of the rules about these things. #USATFMeeting
3 Dec

The athletes expressed a desire to review Roberts Rules of Order and Parliamentary Procedure #USATFMeeting Not covered this year in AAC
3 Dec

JD admitted that he's not that good with social media, that he needs to learn more about it. #USATFMeeting
3 Dec

Emphasized that this issue is bigger than Nike storming out of the room. #USATFMeeting
3 Dec

Nike has a big media department, their rep did not have authorization to speak to the media on this topic. #USATFMeeting
3 Dec

David Greifinger asked Hightower to remember that AAC has a right to due process. She seemed offended, said of course they do #USATFMeeting
3 Dec

Hightower mentioned professionalism again. I think that means keeping your mouth shut and agreeing with USATF's sponsors #USATFMeeting
3 Dec

#USATFmeeting Jackie Joyner Kersey making an appearance at the AAC meeting.
3 Dec

throwRgirl Loree Smith
#usatfmeeting it's crazy hearing about how much unclaimed money for athletes there is every year. Come on people!
3 Dec

AAC had a presentation from the USOC Career People. Sounds like a great program. #USATFMeeting
3 Dec

Larry Rawson spoke briefly about television, nothing exciting to report. Sight increase in some areas of viewership. #USATFMeeting
3 Dec

AAC heard a presentation about the programs that assist with medical expenses. Many opportunities if you are a Tier I athlete #USATFMeeting
3 Dec

jonrankin Jon Rankin
Please join the @TrackFieldAA today. Help unite the athletes and the fans of #usatfmeeting www.trackandfieldathletesassociation.org
3 Dec

drubisunirun Derek Rubis
@nsymm800 hope things go better today at #USATFMeeting then yesterday
3 Dec

#USATFmeeting Chapman speaking about medical programs and sport science. Great programs for athletes!
3 Dec

USADA Meeting now, not very interesting to me, but VERY important to the athletes! #USATFMeeting
3 Dec

@natashahastings missing u at the #usatfmeeting
3 Dec

throwRgirl Loree Smith
#USATFMeeting Our aac board representatives,the acc, and youth are in full support of our resolution to open up the uniforms for sponsorship
3 Dec

natashahastings Natasha Hastings
Awe. I hear it's madness up there “@wineberg400: @natashahastings missing u at the #usatfmeeting”
3 Dec

Greifinger spoke to AAC and read his resolution, then explained it. #USATFMeeting
3 Dec

Greifinger says the athletes have a fiduciary duty to each other to defend their rights #USATFMeeting
3 Dec

He said rules about logos and such should not be coming from the CEO, they should be voted on by the membership. #USATFMeeting
3 Dec

BOD member Deena Kastor spoke in FULL support of the resolution, said it will increase exposure for USATF #USATFMeeting
3 Dec

Kastor also said it will help the people that need it the most, those on the bottom. #USATFMeeting
3 Dec

BOD member Aretha Hill also in support. Said European athletes wear multiple logos to their domestic meets #USATFMeeting
3 Dec

Youth Chair Lionel Leach said the youth support the resolution, he sees it as a civil rights issue. #USATFMeeting
3 Dec

william_leer william_leer
Logo resolution just passed amongst the AAC representatives at the #USATFmeeting. Vote to take place tomorrow morning with #USATF
3 Dec

AAC then passed a motion indicating they support Greifinger's resolution. Next up: FLOOR FIGHT tomorrow. Sounds epic. #USATFMeeting
3 Dec

throwRgirl Loree Smith
#USATFMeeting Sandra and Nick going at it! A call to come to order. Welcome to the annual meeting! LOL I love it wish I had pop corn.
3 Dec

Then sparks flew! @nsymm800 asked AAC if they had violated the USATF Operating Procedures when they closed yesterday's meeting #USATFMeeting
3 Dec

Former AAC Chair Sandra Farmer-Patrick took offense to this and started yelling at Nick. Full on chewing him out. #USATFMeeting
3 Dec

Nick stayed calm and asked her to watch her language. She said we're all adults, and Nick pointed out the 4yo near them wasn't #USATFMeeting
3 Dec

SFP said that kids shouldn't be in there. Sorry I'm too poor to hire a babysitter... #USATFMeeting
3 Dec

JD asked SFP to stand down. She ignored him for another minute, then finally did. JD denies breaking any rules. #USATFMeeting
3 Dec

Greifinger confirmed later that AAC likely did break operating procedures by closing the meeting without a vote. #USATFMeeting
3 Dec

If AAC is going to demand athletes be more professional, AAC leadership needs to be held to the same standard. #USATFMeeting
3 Dec

KibweJohnson Kibwé Johnson
Man, first #USATFMeeting, and I may never miss another! #WeAreUSATrack
3 Dec

throwRgirl Loree Smith
#USATFMeeting @KibweJohnson you know you're hooked now
3 Dec

MsAkiba Akiba McKinney
#USATFmeeting Fact: some people like to fight,just for the sake of fighting! IT's disruptive & counterproductive
3 Dec

urimiscott Michael Scott
Wrapping up nearly 48 hrs of meetings and discussions at #USATFMeeting & heading to Forest Park to review '12 USA XC Championships course
3 Dec

MsAkiba Akiba McKinney
#USATFmeeting you can NOT fight EVERY battle, choose A cause and give 110%! Not 10%here, 7%there...
3 Dec

It's official! No IAAF rules to be enforced at Club Nationals #USATFMeeting usatf.org/News/Individua…
3 Dec

LashindaDemus Lashinda Demus
Look who I bumped into at the #USATFMeeting The Great Jackie Joyner Kersee. My sports idol! yfrog.com/khugoruj
3 Dec

LucRun1 Shawn Jeffrey Lucas
So Many Ideas going on in my head right now #USATFMeeting #thinkingoutsidethebox
3 Dec

tandfn Track and Field News
T&FN's report in new Jan. issue, on the controversial uniform logo rules. bit.ly/rG8omx #usatfmeeting
3 Dec

Kiratiana Kiratiana
I never thought I would say this but now that the agents are gone, I feel really out of place at the #usatfmeeting
3 Dec

Several athletes expressed regret that the group had not discussed the issues in advance of yesterday's meeting. I agree. #USATFMeeting
3 Dec

Great times here at #usatfmeeting learned new info, and soon getting ready for the hall of fame banquet
3 Dec

throwRgirl Loree Smith
I will be blogging about the #USATFmeeting tomorrow and post the link. Overall great experience! Lots of positive stuff to talk about.
3 Dec

Stepping out for banquet.....#usatfmeeting #usatf
3 Dec

EAhops Erica McLain
Happy to be sitting to one of @USATrack_Field's biggest fans @JTS4H at the Jesse Owen banquet. We need more fans like her! #USATFMeeting
3 Dec

EAhops Erica McLain
Congrats to @bryanclay for winning the Humanitarian award at the Jesse Owens banquet. Check out his foundation! #USATFMeeting
3 Dec

Kiratiana Kiratiana
The video of @bryanclay featured a program that I did with him during @chicago2016!!! #usatfmeeting
3 Dec

Peckiconis Stephen Peckiconis
#USATFMeeting Bryan Clay will be defending his Decathlon title in 2012
3 Dec

Kiratiana Kiratiana
Carmelita Jeter is the Jesse Owens athlete of the year at #usatfmeeting
3 Dec

Kiratiana Kiratiana
Learning about Bob Timmons, a legendary multisport coach in Kansas. Coach 1st sub four HS miler #usatfmeeting
3 Dec

Kiratiana Kiratiana
Bob. Timmons produced 16 world record holders 77 All American athletes...ridiculous...#usatfmeeting
3 Dec

Kiratiana Kiratiana
Have you heard of Clarence de Mars? The greatest Boston Marathon runner ever? #usatfmeeting
3 Dec

ShoStanback Shonnese Stanback
Vince Matthews! Awesome story! #USATFMeeting #USATFHOF2011
3 Dec

Kiratiana Kiratiana
So @mauricegreene is up for his Hall of Fame honors. #usatfmeeting
3 Dec

Kiratiana Kiratiana
I didn't know that @mauricegreene went straight from high school to professional track...#usatfmeeting
3 Dec

anngaff Ann Gaffigan
Fantastic Hall of Fame banquet put on by @usatrack_field. We have many true heroes in our sport #usatfmeeting
3 Dec

anngaff Ann Gaffigan
Gail Devers, what a legend. #usatfmeeting
3 Dec

OnlyPrestigious Prestigious McCall
#usatfmeeting I gotta be in the building next yr for sure
3 Dec

LucRun1 Shawn Jeffrey Lucas
What a great way to end the #USATFMeeting Such and inspirational night #Immotivated
3 Dec

ShaLayla Shayla
Great week at the office! 67 miles w the help of my fave guys @ the #USATFmeeting, not 2 mention the impact we made this year to top it off!
3 Dec

jonrankin Jon Rankin
Heading home #usatfmeeting with a surprisingly great deal of enthusiasm. This years mtg was different b/c we're finally uniting the athletes
4 Dec

jonrankin Jon Rankin
Thank you PNTF for supporting my presence at #usatfmeeting I learned a lot about the state of the sport & I'm eager to help it grow in 2012.
4 Dec

jonrankin Jon Rankin
@TheRunProject was present at #usatfmeeting but no filming was done. We know why #usatfmeeting runs...we run b/c we love our sport.
4 Dec

jonrankin Jon Rankin
Thanks Jon Drummond for your leadership & efforts at 2011 #usatfmeeting. You've done a great job leading the charge for change. We Are USATF
4 Dec

MsAkiba Akiba McKinney
#USATFmeeting last meeting...its early...kinda cranky...let's vote and be done!
4 Dec

I am at the closing session of the #USATFMeeting This is where we are going to vote on two big issues and a lot of small ones.
4 Dec

Most things at the closing session are rubber stamped through. Interested to see if the 2 big votes are rubber stamped or not. #USATFMeeting
4 Dec

Masters: 2014 indoor = Boston, 2014 Outdoor = Wake Forest. #USATFMeeting
4 Dec

Here we go, Greifinger up to present his resolution. #USATFMeeting
4 Dec

He says an agreement has been reached. Process will be driven by athletes and board. #USATFMeeting He is tabling his resolution.
4 Dec

That's... interesting. Do we know what the rules will be for 2012? There are Championships soon. #USATFMeeting People seem happy though.
4 Dec

The important thing is the power has been taken away from CEO and moved to AAC & Board. #USATFMeeting Has to be better than before.
4 Dec

Mike McNees looks and sounds tired. I think he took a lot of heat this weekend. #USATFMeeting Says 2012 will be the best year ever.
4 Dec

Looks like we're closing. Didn't hear anything about the 25% athlete representation. Must have been bundled w/ something else #USATFMeeting
4 Dec

Got clarification. This is a HUGE victory for athletes' rights. #USATFMeeting. Click link for details trackandfieldnews.com/discussion/vie…
4 Dec

joannadhayes joanna hayes
Looong but Productive week in Stl. Time to go home!! Xoxo to all from @ZOE_babee and me!! See ya next time #USATFMeeting : )
4 Dec

MsAkiba Akiba McKinney
#USATFmeeting congrats to my fellow athletes on a very successful meeting! I am very proud of the efforts! #weWON
4 Dec

melinda_owen Melinda Owen
Successful weekend for US Athletes at #USATFMeeting . Small steps toward improving our organization. Every step counts!
4 Dec

jscottpolevault Jordan Scott
Success at the Convention! #USATFMeeting jvaulter.blogspot.com/2011/12/succes…
4 Dec

One person can make a difference. I am USA Track and Field. You can be too. Get involved with your Association. Be the change #USATFMeeting
4 Dec

USATrack_Field USATF
Hope everyone made it home safely from the #usatfmeeting see you next year in Daytona Beach!
12 hours ago

Return to “Pole Vault - USA Elite”