STREET VAULT

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, South Carolina, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Arkansas

Moderators: Barto, AVC Coach

AVC Coach
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Current Coach (All levels)
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Miah Sanders

STREET VAULT

Unread postby AVC Coach » Sun May 25, 2003 10:09 pm

Hey guys,
My club, Arkansas Vault Club, is having a "Street Vault" competition in Hot Springs, AR on July 12th. Still working out the details, but we have been assured that this will be a USATF sactioned event with several sponsors, prizes, local tv stations, radio stations, etc. We want every vaulter that can drive, fly, run or swim (however you can get here) to come and compete. We have a great spot on Lake Hamilton in Hot Springs, a peninsula that juts out into the water about 200 feet. That's where we are having it (great backdrop pics). Great equipment: International Essex pit, 42" wide plywood runway with Mondo rubber. Just email me with any questions: mcsanders1@alltel.net
Hope to see you here, Morry

OUvaulterUSAF
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter and then some
Lifetime Best: 5.27m
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Unread postby OUvaulterUSAF » Mon May 26, 2003 5:03 pm

Aah, Lake Hamilton...I spent many a weekend there on a boat.

Sounds like a great time, maybe have a little tubing contest afterwards?

Dockers is a good time and Univ of Ark has their pre-Rush something over the July 4 weekend.

<---wondering if it's the Tyson Chicken Lake House peninsula? :yes:

I'd love to go but I have a pesky thing called a job...we'll see.
wo xi huan cheng gan tiao.

StickJumper
PV Nerd

Heights

Unread postby StickJumper » Mon May 26, 2003 5:32 pm

What kind of heights are you looking for at the street vault? as a male jumping 12'6 / 13' is there a prayer of me being able to do anything at this meet?
"Not knowing where you are going is the best way to get somewhere you've never been."
Ryan Fussell- Pole Peddlers Admin.
http://www.polepeddlers.com

AVC Coach
PV Lover

Re: Heights

Unread postby AVC Coach » Tue May 27, 2003 9:32 pm

StickJumper wrote:What kind of heights are you looking for at the street vault? as a male jumping 12'6 / 13' is there a prayer of me being able to do anything at this meet?

Every vaulter competing will be grouped within about an 18 inch range, regardless of age. We won't combine girls and guys of course. There will be a positive atmosphere and a really fast runway to hopefully produce a lot of PR's.

AVC Coach
PV Lover

Unread postby AVC Coach » Tue May 27, 2003 9:39 pm

OUvaulterUSAF wrote:Aah, Lake Hamilton...I spent many a weekend there on a boat.

Sounds like a great time, maybe have a little tubing contest afterwards?

Dockers is a good time and Univ of Ark has their pre-Rush something over the July 4 weekend.

<---wondering if it's the Tyson Chicken Lake House peninsula? :yes:

I'd love to go but I have a pesky thing called a job...we'll see.

Well, Dockers is about 50 meters away from the vault site, and since we will vault on a peninsula, there could be some tubing going on all around us. There will be tons of boats coming in all day. Right next to the vault site is the busiest spot on the lake, a Super Station fuel stop for boaters. Sorry, not the Tyson Chicken peninsula. It's owned by Power Boats, Inc.

smokinvaulter1
PV Follower
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Semi Elite Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 5.55m
Favorite Vaulter: Joe Dial

Unread postby smokinvaulter1 » Tue May 27, 2003 9:39 pm

Hey Im Interested any money up for grabs in an elite group. I think it sounds good send me more info as it comes. Also there a meet in Witchita Kansas to raise money for lacking schools. Its a memorial for that Killed that got killed last year its a great meet. Last weekend in June.

AVC Coach
PV Lover

Unread postby AVC Coach » Tue May 27, 2003 9:49 pm

smokinvaulter1 wrote:Hey Im Interested any money up for grabs in an elite group. I think it sounds good send me more info as it comes. Also there a meet in Witchita Kansas to raise money for lacking schools. Its a memorial for that Killed that got killed last year its a great meet. Last weekend in June.

We're still in the first stages of getting this thing off the ground. We are going to get several sponsors and will have some prize money for the elite vaulters. Not sure how much yet. The more big name vaulters we can get to commit to it, the more funding we will be able to get. This is our first rodeo on something like this, but we can promise great facilities and a huge crowd.

smokinvaulter1
PV Follower
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Semi Elite Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 5.55m
Favorite Vaulter: Joe Dial

Unread postby smokinvaulter1 » Tue Jul 01, 2003 5:14 pm

Any New Info? Start Lists, Amount of Prize Money, and Times?Thanks

AVC Coach
PV Lover

Unread postby AVC Coach » Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:02 pm

smokinvaulter1 wrote:Any New Info? Start Lists, Amount of Prize Money, and Times?Thanks

Elite Men will begin at noon. So far guaranteed prize money is $300 1st, $200 2nd, $100 3rd. We're not looking to make money off of this event, so any additional sponsorship will add to the prize pot. Adam Keul, Brian Dacuhna, Jeremy Hull and Gordy Sasser are registered to compete in the elite group so far. There's one other from Florida that's coming with Dacuhna, but I can't remember his name off the top of my head. Check out our website for more info at http://www.arkansasvaultclub.homestead. ... lt2k3.html

Return to “South and Southeast Regions”