required number of meets to participate at states?

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, South Carolina, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Arkansas

Moderators: Barto, AVC Coach

ennairb
PV Nerd

required number of meets to participate at states?

Unread postby ennairb » Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:49 am

hey i know there's like a rule about how many meets you have to have been in throughout the high school season in order to be eligible to be at the state meet ... and like districts regionals and states do not count towards that number ... does anybody know what that required number of meets is? im not sure if the requirement is different in different states - but i live in florida

Thanks!

Bri
"Being grown up isn't half as fun as growing up - these are the best days of our lives. The only thing that matters is just following your heart and eventually you'll finally get it right."

- The Ataris -

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:38 pm

It's going to be different for every state.

rebelvaulter
PV Wannabe

Unread postby rebelvaulter » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:28 pm

I did the same post but asked about California and never got an answer :( sorry, can't help you with Florida

vaultmd
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Masters Vaulter, Coach, Doctor
Lifetime Best: 475
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Laura Huarte

Unread postby vaultmd » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:50 pm

The bylaws for each CIF section are usually contained in the section's web site. For instance, the Sac-Joaquin Section's are at:
http://cifsjs.org
The link for your section can be found at the cif's main website:
http://cifstate.org

Good luck.

ennairb
PV Nerd

Unread postby ennairb » Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:51 am

hey in case anyone else ever wants to know ... i just found out that in florida ... you need 4 meets ... not including districts regionals or states ...

Bri
"Being grown up isn't half as fun as growing up - these are the best days of our lives. The only thing that matters is just following your heart and eventually you'll finally get it right."

- The Ataris -

nolevault
PV Fan

Unread postby nolevault » Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:40 pm

Bri,

Does that give you enough time to be eligible?
The greatest gift I ever received was the look on a young vaulters' face after setting a PR!

nolevault
PV Fan

Unread postby nolevault » Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:43 pm

The state rule states that you must compete in 4 meets, it does not specify that you have to participate in any particular event at those 4 meets.
The greatest gift I ever received was the look on a young vaulters' face after setting a PR!

ennairb
PV Nerd

Unread postby ennairb » Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:18 pm

i did go to 1 meet and scratch in the long jump in case something like this happened ... but i'm still going to be 1 meet short ... i'll have that meet ... county qualifiers and county's ... so i need one more ... but my school is going to try and get me in through some medical excuse or something by sending a letter to the state from the doctor ... so hopefully that will work out =) ... if not ... i'll still have counties ... and i can go to golden south ... and come up to clermont and vault with you guys :D and camps in the summer and stuff ... im just so glad i can vault again :yes:

- The Ataris -

Peepers PV
PV Pro

Unread postby Peepers PV » Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:38 pm

YAY FOR BRI! I'm happy you can vault again :yes:!
"look, you either join the team and go to practice or do drugs- that's just how it is! it's track or crack!" - mikey

ennairb
PV Nerd

Unread postby ennairb » Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:41 pm

Thanks Lori!! :yes: maybe i'll start seeing you and everyone else again on sundays sometimes pretty soon :D

Bri

- The Ataris -

Return to “South and Southeast Regions”