any coaches in florida??

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, South Carolina, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Arkansas

Moderators: Barto, AVC Coach

ennairb
PV Nerd

any coaches in florida??

Unread postby ennairb » Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:08 am

Hi!! I am looking for a coach to work with that lives in florida ... if anyone can help please do :D Thanks
"Being grown up isn't half as fun as growing up - these are the best days of our lives. The only thing that matters is just following your heart and eventually you'll finally get it right."

- The Ataris -

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:14 am

It's a big state. You should be more specific about what area you live in, and how far you are willing to drive.

lonpvh
PV Pro

Unread postby lonpvh » Sun Jul 06, 2003 3:02 pm

Check Polevaultcity.com. Bob is a great guy and probably the best coach down in Florida. LON

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sun Jul 06, 2003 3:19 pm

lonpvh wrote:Check Polevaultcity.com. Bob is a great guy and probably the best coach down in Florida. LON

I'd agree with that. I drove 90 minutes each way to train with him when I went to UF :yes:

ennairb
PV Nerd

Unread postby ennairb » Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:21 pm

you're right i need to specify lol ... i live in stuart ... it's near west palm ... but i'm willing to drive really far to jump because all of the local high schools have put their pits in until next season and i cant afford to not be jumping because im sure the girl who beat me at states this year is jumping while im not lol ... so really ... i wanna know about anything that is anywhere in florida lol THANKS!!

oh ... and im about to check that website as soon as i finish writing this ;)
"Being grown up isn't half as fun as growing up - these are the best days of our lives. The only thing that matters is just following your heart and eventually you'll finally get it right."

- The Ataris -

ennairb
PV Nerd

Unread postby ennairb » Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:31 pm

ok i just checked that pole vault city website ... and i already missed the camp, but it sounds like a good idea so i was wondering if anyone knew how to get in touch with South Lake's coach (Bobby Haeck) ... i've seen the girl from South Lake jump and she's good ... so i'd definetly be willing to drive up to Orlando to work with him some ... so if anyone could help me out that'd be grear :yes: Thanks sooooo much!! You guys are the BEST!!! :star:

- The Ataris -

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:28 am

Try nolevault@comcast.net, that's what he put on the camp entry form. His email used to be nolevault@aol.com, but I don't know if he has AOL any more.

SkyHigh21
PV Fan

Unread postby SkyHigh21 » Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:25 pm

Jim Pedley, A good friend of mine and a great coach lives just outside Ft. Lauderdale. He has a 1900 series UCS pit and plenty of runway. I vaulted there before national competition this year. A great place to vault and not too far from West Palm. If you want his number email me, I can get it to you.

ennairb
PV Nerd

Unread postby ennairb » Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:05 pm

I just emailed Coach Haeck so I am looking forward to hearing from him =)

Jim Pedley, A good friend of mine and a great coach lives just outside Ft. Lauderdale.

That'd be great if you could get me that number skyhigh =)

And if anyone else knows of anyone anywhere in Florida I'd really like to know ... I don't have a real coach right now so I'm trying to see all my options!

Thanks guys!

- The Ataris -

gpc3
PV Wannabe

Unread postby gpc3 » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:24 pm

In Jacksonville the man to see is Ira Welborn - he's in the book.
You can never clear a bar you never attempt.

Return to “South and Southeast Regions”