Good news (13-00.25), bad news (torn ACL) from California

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to California

Moderators: vaultmd, bjvando, bvpv07

CaliTrack
PV Beginner

Good news (13-00.25), bad news (torn ACL) from California

Unread postby CaliTrack » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:54 pm

The good news is that Cordova High sophomore Brysun Stately cleared 13-00.25 to set a new Sac Joaquin Section record on April 20th and become the #8 California prep all-time!

The bad news is that El Camino's Derek Scott, this year's national outdoor leader in the vault at 16-08.00, tore his ACL in practice this week and is done for the season. Terrible news there.

There's some cool pics and interview with Brysun Stately on the mainpage at DyeStatCal.

Allison Stokke is in action at the Orange County Championships this weekend! You stay away, Jeff Coover!!!

jcoover121
PV Newbie

Unread postby jcoover121 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:48 am

sorry! i dont wanna sound like a total weirdo... i hope she doesnt check this website... haha, but yeah, im done talking about how much i want stokke. derek's injury came as a shock to us all, and i wish it had never happened... i wanted to see him jump at least 17 this year

theflyingkorean
PV Follower

Unread postby theflyingkorean » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:08 am

do you know how he tore his acl vaulting :confused: i can't even imagine. i feel so bad for him.

ECVaulter
PV Fan

Unread postby ECVaulter » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:00 am

well he was just coming back from his hammy injury and was having a decent day at the pit. He took about 5-7 jumps at 15 and was clearing them but never got really good penetration. Coach was telling him that was enough cause we didnt want him to reinjure his hamstring but, if you know derek and his work ethic, he wanted to keep vaulting. He went up, didnt get penetration, and let go of his pole. Fell straight down and stradled the box and his right knee just buckled on him. Right when he let go of the pole and started falling, I knew he was gonna hurt himself and after he landed he just started saying, "Man Im done, Im done." Then we all knew it was pretty bad.
"Where are my shoes? Thats it, im going out shoeless."

"Thai chili."

cdmilton
PV Follower
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Coach
Lifetime Best: 16-0(4.88)

Unread postby cdmilton » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:50 am

ECVaulter wrote:well he was just coming back from his hammy injury and was having a decent day at the pit. He took about 5-7 jumps at 15 and was clearing them but never got really good penetration. Coach was telling him that was enough cause we didnt want him to reinjure his hamstring but, if you know derek and his work ethic, he wanted to keep vaulting. He went up, didnt get penetration, and let go of his pole. Fell straight down and stradled the box and his right knee just buckled on him. Right when he let go of the pole and started falling, I knew he was gonna hurt himself and after he landed he just started saying, "Man Im done, Im done." Then we all knew it was pretty bad.

[BeginRant]
One more reason on why you should never let go of the pole! If you just hold on you will fall to the side and most likely be able to come down on the pit.
[/EndRant]
Chris Milton

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:20 am

jcoover121 wrote:sorry! i dont wanna sound like a total weirdo... i hope she doesnt check this website... haha, but yeah, im done talking about how much i want stokke. derek's injury came as a shock to us all, and i wish it had never happened... i wanted to see him jump at least 17 this year

Everyone reads this website. And if they don't, you know their coaches and teammates do... I guarantee you she heard about your thread already :P

Bruce Caldwell
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: It is all about Pole Vaulting. I even catch the competitors poles!
Lifetime Best: 15'8"
Favorite Vaulter: Kjell Issakson, Jan Johnson

Re: Good news (13-00.25), bad news (torn ACL) from Californi

Unread postby Bruce Caldwell » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:41 am

CaliTrack wrote:
There's some cool pics and interview with Brysun Stately on the mainpage at DyeStatCal.
!

Where is the article? Can you provide a link?
I love the PV, it is in my DNA

USMC Vaulter
PV Pro

Unread postby USMC Vaulter » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:50 am

Matthew Savini
DCHS Vault Coach
www.HighVaultage.com

izzystikchik
PV Follower
Location: MARQUETTE UNIVERSITY in Milwaukee, WI. ~ My home town is in OakPark, IL

Unread postby izzystikchik » Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:18 am

Thats really cool and the fact that she was only jumping 11 the previous year makes it more comforting for girlys like myself who are trying to move from decent heights to awesome ones ;) :yes:

Return to “California”