56%
no
44%

Total votes: 16

Beam
PV Nerd

Unread postby Beam » Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:55 pm

Camps:
Earl Bell, Skyjumpers (Jan Johnson), UCLA (Anthony Curren), Kiss the Sky (Greg Hull and Todd Lemann). I've coached at UCLA's, trained with Nick Hysong and SkyAthletic, have only heard about Earls camp from a campers perspective, and been to Skyjumpers. There are East Coast camps I'm sure. I know that UCS spirit had one a time ago and don't know if it exists still, but I'm sure you can call Steve Chappel up and get information about it if it is still going. Tim Mack was one of the instructors at the camp and is really fun to be around.
Like I said earlier, if you want to learn about the vault, go to a camp and try to learn from the positive and negetive perspectives of that particular camp. When you don't feel like you learn anything new, choose a different camp. . . which ulitimately will change the perspective that you are learning from. And remember that not everyone is absolutely right about the vault. People have been successful for ages in this sport and progression won't stop because there aren't camps to go to. Learn from everybody. Hope this helped. Beam
"If you don't want to be
a deadbeat like me,
I won't blame you." Owen

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:00 pm

If you want to find a camp in your area, go here: http://www.polevaultpower.com/network

VTechVaulter
PV Lover
Expertise: Current Elite Vaulter, College Volunteer Coach, HUGE FAN

Unread postby VTechVaulter » Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:37 am

i should mention that my comment only applies to the Skyjumpers east coast camp in kutztown. Im not sure about the heights of vaulters in the other camps. It just seems to me that jan has put more focus on beginner vaulters. Obviously, anything you can do to get more drilling and more eyes on you will benefit. i merely meant that someone who is a 10 foot vaulter, will benefit more from this camp that someone who is a 15 foot vaulter, in my opinion anyway. This being said, i atteneded the camp for a while while i was a 15'10 senior in h.s., and i still learned new things, just not as much as in previous years.
Brian Mondschein
Philadelphia Jumps Club, Coach and Co-Founder
www.phillyjumpsclub.com

Russ
PV Master

Unread postby Russ » Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:00 am

I'll be coaching at the Kutztown Skyjumpers July 8-11. It looks like I'll be bringing at least 4 vaulters.

If you come, be sure to come see me and introduce yourself. I think it's cool to actually be able to meet people who have participated on polevaultpower.

Hope to see you there.
Russ

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Return to “California”