Practice / Zoning Rules

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to California

Moderators: vaultmd, bjvando, bvpv07

theflyingkorean
PV Follower

Practice / Zoning Rules

Unread postby theflyingkorean » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:33 am

I have a question that I have gotten both answers to. If anyone is positive and knows the ruling it would be mutch appreciated. I don't know if some of these details are relavent, but I figure they might help. I live in Rancho Cordova, within Sacramento County, but a different city. I go to the private school.
Would it be possible and legal to practice one or a few days a week at a different school's pole vault facility if their coach had asked me to come? I feel that I could learn a lot more there than at my school at the moment. I know that other kids from different schools practice there, but according to my head coach and pole vault coach, I'm not allowed to. :confused:

Is it okay? Is it legal? Or is my headcoach and pole vault coach trying to keep me practicing at their school.

THanks for your imput guys and gals. :yes:

1yeldud1
PV Pro

Unread postby 1yeldud1 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:54 am

You need to talk to the athletic director at your school and have them contact the state high school org. Every states rules are different and possible violations could leave you unable to vault during the school year for your high school. Good luck

vaultmd
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Masters Vaulter, Coach, Doctor
Lifetime Best: 475
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Laura Huarte

Unread postby vaultmd » Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:47 am

Kelly,
Eligibility rules for the Sac-Joaquin Section are at:
http://www.cifsjs.org
I think you need a PDF viewer.
I thought you live in El Dorado Hills.

bjvando
PV Master
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, former college coach
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Unread postby bjvando » Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:21 pm

I know that in my last two years of high school i trained at another high school that was IN our leauge. I 'm not sure if there was a "zoning" viiolation or not, but the head coach wont let kids from other schools train there during their team practices, like i did. BUT, we have a club so we get to caoch whoever we want on the non-team paractice time... hope this helps..

I think that if both coaches agree to let you go, then you should be able to, but there are always "insurance details" that have to be covered.
Head Coach- Victory Athletics (http://www.victoryathleticspv.com)

Return to “California”