I need pits

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to California

Moderators: vaultmd, bjvando, bvpv07

Peter Brewer
PV Newbie

I need pits

Unread postby Peter Brewer » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:20 am

Hey folks:

The good voters of Castro Valley funded a new track and stadium, but the school district ran out of funds before they could get new pits. Our old ones are, well, old and tattered and on the very slim edge of functionality.

I need to get hold of some pads. I will take incomplete sets, single pads, old pads (can't be worse than mine). I will also take leads as to where I might find cheap prices for someone else's old pads for. We are located just south of Oakland in Northern California.

Will travel for foam.

Let me know if you can help out.

Peter Brewer
Castro Valley, CA
pcb@ifn.net

newvaulter
PV Beginner

Unread postby newvaulter » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:25 pm

Sorry, I haven't got any pits or good leads on them :( . The only small lead I have is that I know Stanford University is buying a new pit next month (their third UCS superpit) and they may be getting rid of the oldest one. Not sure of that, though.

Have got a question for you, though--are you by any chance (and I realize this is a longshot) the son of Jim Brewer, first HS boy over 15'?

-newvaulter

Peter Brewer
PV Newbie

sorry . . .

Unread postby Peter Brewer » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:59 pm

No, I am not the son of Jim Brewer. I sure wish I had some vaulting genetics. The best I can do is say my own son Robert is a vaulter at Lewis & Clark College in Portland, Oregon. I did get a couple of my own vaulters up to 14-0.

Peter Brewer

Return to “California”