Big Turnout!

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to the state of Washington

Moderator: Robert schmitt

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Big Turnout!

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Jul 18, 2003 3:14 am

At the all comers meet last night in Edmonds, we probably had a record turnout of vaulters... 32! :eek:

I was the official and I am very proud to say that I got it DONE before the last race was over :yes: We have had problems in the past with not getting it done, and the facilities guy turning the lights out on us! :eek:

Anyway we went 9" at a time and did a split bar. We had a special low opening height of 6-3 (well 6-2 3/4 technically) because we had so many beginners. Then it went to 7-0/11-0, 7-9/11-9, and so on... up to 11-6/15-6, which McKane cleared. He took 2 good tries at 16-8 before calling it a night.

We started at 6:15pm (would have been sooner, but a bunch of people arrived at the last minute and I had to sign them in), and I am not sure what time I finished, but I think it was by 9:30. Oh yeah and technically I did all that on drugs... I had my stomach looked at that morning, and they gave me drugs that put me to sleep, and I was not allowed to drive or sign legal documents... but Bill Roe said I could be the official anyway ;)

And mad props to Vinh (nzsprinter). It was his last meet before he heads back to New Zealand on Monday. He has not been able to practice much this year (since he is a SPRINTER and not a VAULTER :P ) but he still got a new PR - 4.04m (13-3)

Nice job! :yes:

nzsprinter
PV Nerd

Unread postby nzsprinter » Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:00 pm

hey!!! what are you talking about .. well yes i've only been doing pole vault for a year with a year rest without touching a pole (not my fault i wanted to but my UW coaches wouldn't let me) hey if you haven't check i am the 2nd ever person to be on the forum after you ;)

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:14 pm

Last night we got 29 vaulters done in about 3 hours :heart:

Return to “Washington”