Training Partner

All things masters pole vaulting.

Moderators: Russ, vaultmd

larry d
PV Fan
Expertise: former h.s. vaulter. Current Masters vaulter and decathlon competitor
Lifetime Best: 12 ft. 3in
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: john altendorf

Training Partner

Unread postby larry d » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:11 pm

I am an M65 pole vaulter and high jumper and am looking for someone to train with at my rural property.
I've got a first-rate pole vault,high jump,long jump setup on 3 acres at my residence in the country, just outside Kankakee,IL.

This spring has been mostly bad weather,but now I'm ready to get some serious training done.I was hampered by a string of leg muscle pulls and strains that are now healed. I am 65 miles from Champaign and about the same from Chicago.

I recently developed an interest in the decathalon and would entertain training with someone for those events. Pole vault is my main event though, having jumped 10'-6" this spring before the injuries.

I am retired and have an extremely flexible schedule. Any person or persons interested , respond or pm me on this site ...let's have some fun !!
LD
Get off the couch !!!

manehrkorn65
PV Newbie
Expertise: Former HS Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 13'3"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie

Re: Training Partner

Unread postby manehrkorn65 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:21 pm

Larry,

I live to the west of Dekalb but would like to get back into vaulting after 30 years.
Summer is almost over here and I don't know if you have found someone to train with but I would like to see what might work out until the weather gets out of hand...
Let me know.

Mark

Return to “Pole Vault - Masters”