Poles to Kamloops

All things masters pole vaulting.

Moderators: Russ, vaultmd

rhill32
PV Newbie

Poles to Kamloops

Unread postby rhill32 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:16 pm

Hi All

I'm getting concerned that I will not be able to get my poles to the comp.
I will be travelling to Kamloops in March coming from Australia. Getting poles to Vancouver will be the easy part, but I not sure how i will go getting them from there to Kamloops. I was looking at flying with Air Canada as they do use an A300 or A320 plane in which I'm sure you can get poles on, they also use some smaller prop plane as well. I will email them to check anyway.
I was just a bit worried because a few people over here have said that I wouldn't be able to get them there. I know there are poles there that we can use but I really like jumping on my own poles.

I hope that somebody out there will have some info that will be able to help me out.

Regards
Rob Hill
Australia

Pogo Stick
PV Pro
Expertise: Former "College" Vaulter, Masters Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 4.70/15'5
Favorite Vaulter: Władysław Kozakiewicz

Re: Poles to Kamloops

Unread postby Pogo Stick » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:01 am

rhill32 wrote:Hi All

I'm getting concerned that I will not be able to get my poles to the comp.
I will be travelling to Kamloops in March coming from Australia. Getting poles to Vancouver will be the easy part, but I not sure how i will go getting them from there to Kamloops. I was looking at flying with Air Canada as they do use an A300 or A320 plane in which I'm sure you can get poles on, they also use some smaller prop plane as well. I will email them to check anyway.
I was just a bit worried because a few people over here have said that I wouldn't be able to get them there. I know there are poles there that we can use but I really like jumping on my own poles.

I hope that somebody out there will have some info that will be able to help me out.

Regards
Rob Hill
Australia

I am in Vancouver and if you can get the poles here, I can help you. I am going to Kamloops by car on March 4th and if this is not too late for you, I can bring poles with me.
-- Pogo

"It is not necessary to change. Survival is not mandatory." W. Edwards Deming

rhill32
PV Newbie

Unread postby rhill32 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:33 am

Thanks Pogo Stick
My event is on the 4th, so unfortunatly your generous offer will get my poles there too late.

I'll be leaving Aust on Sunday 28th and should arrive in Vancouver on the 28th and hopefully fly straight to Kamloops.

Thanks
Rob

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:15 pm

rhill32 wrote:Thanks Pogo Stick
My event is on the 4th, so unfortunatly your generous offer will get my poles there too late.

I'll be leaving Aust on Sunday 28th and should arrive in Vancouver on the 28th and hopefully fly straight to Kamloops.

Thanks
Rob

I didn't think there were any planes that flew into Kamloops that were big enough to take poles.

There are several other threads in this forum that discuss this issue, you may find some helpful information in them.

KirkB
PV Rock Star
Expertise: Former College Vaulter; Former Elite Vaulter; Former Coach; Fan
Lifetime Best: 5.34
Favorite Vaulter: Thiago da Silva

Unread postby KirkB » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:30 pm

rhill32 wrote: I'll be leaving Aust on Sunday 28th and should arrive in Vancouver on the 28th and hopefully fly straight to Kamloops.

Rob, have you considered driving from Vancouver to Kamloops with your poles? It's really not that far, and you'd have local transportation while you're up there. I doubt that it would cost THAT much more to rent a car. And you'd see a lot more of Beautiful British Columbia driving than flying.

Just an idea.

Kirk
Run. Plant. Jump. Stretch. Whip. Extend. Fly. Clear. There is no tuck! THERE IS NO DELAY!

Robert schmitt
PV Lover

Unread postby Robert schmitt » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:01 pm

I'm not sure if this would be much help but It looks like I vault with you on the third. If you could ship your pole to me I could drive them out. I'm leaving on the 2nd it's about a 6hr drive. If you decide not to bring your poles let me know what you need I might have it to bring with me.
An optimist is one who sees a light in darkness....a pessimist blows it out.

Bubba PV
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, High School Coach, College Coach, Former Elite Vaulter, Masters Vaulter, FAN
Lifetime Best: 5.51
Favorite Vaulter: Bubka

Unread postby Bubba PV » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:04 pm

Hey Robert. I was shipping my poles to Master but I'm also shipping poles for two girls who jump the day you do, but I don't go until Friday. Can I ship mine to you and pay you to drive them? We are shipping them directly to Boston on the return. Worse case if you can get them there I can make other arrangements for the way home. Please advise. Thanks in advance!
Bubba Sparks - www.bubbapv.com

Support Becca & Pole Vault Power

Robert schmitt
PV Lover

Unread postby Robert schmitt » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:30 pm

bubba,
I would light love to....But, on monday I ruptured my pectoral muscle lifting...I might need surgery, if they can, and I'll be in a sling for 6wks. So unfortunatly I am not going to Kamloops :(
An optimist is one who sees a light in darkness....a pessimist blows it out.

Bubba PV
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, High School Coach, College Coach, Former Elite Vaulter, Masters Vaulter, FAN

Unread postby Bubba PV » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:49 pm

OUCH!! Sorry!!

Dan Holton - how are you getting your poles there?

Bubba PV
PV Lover

Unread postby Bubba PV » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:36 am

With Robert out I really need some help here. Two girls who always ship their poles with me jump on Wednesday and I go Friday, as does Master, who originally volunteered to take my poles. My/their poles can be anyplace in the US up to 10 days before the event if someone will drive them over in time. If you know a girl or younger guy who jumps on Wednesday, please pass this along. I'm happy to pay $100 if you will take the poles on your car from someplace in the US to the meet on time. PLEASE contact me at polevaulter@msn.com. Thanks! Bubba

Bubba PV
PV Lover

Unread postby Bubba PV » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:45 pm

I may need to connect a couple of girls who may need to borrow poles. Anyone have small poles for rent?

Pogo Stick
PV Pro
Expertise: Former "College" Vaulter, Masters Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 4.70/15'5
Favorite Vaulter: Władysław Kozakiewicz

Unread postby Pogo Stick » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:28 pm

Bubba PV wrote:I may need to connect a couple of girls who may need to borrow poles. Anyone have small poles for rent?

Have you checked pole available for competitors?
http://www.kamloops2010masters.com/docs/WMA_poles.pdf
-- Pogo

"It is not necessary to change. Survival is not mandatory." W. Edwards Deming

Return to “Pole Vault - Masters”