Kamloops 'Status of Entries'

All things masters pole vaulting.

Moderators: Russ, vaultmd

Robert schmitt
PV Lover

Re: Kamloops 'Status of Entries'

Unread postby Robert schmitt » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:19 am

DBH027 wrote:Robert...since you are entered I wanted to see if your offer to transport poles was still good...I vault on Thursday, believe you jump on Wednesday...when do you plan to leave Kamloops?

I have not check on when I jump but, if your are the day after I absolutely plan on staying the night after I jump. Let me know if you would want to ship your poles to me or If I have something you want to use.
An optimist is one who sees a light in darkness....a pessimist blows it out.

master
PV Lover
Expertise: Masters Vaulter, Volunteer HS Coach, Former College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 4.36m

Unread postby master » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:10 am

Code: Select all

AGE......NAME.......................WHERE FROM.............................2008 PR.......2009 PR
M55......Kirk Bentz.................San Pedro, CA, USA....................................4.15m
M55......Doug Sparks................The Woodlands, TX, USA..................4.10m.........4.02m
M35......Robert Schmitt.............Anacortes, WA, USA......................4.11m.........4.50m
M40......Dan Holton.................Evanston, IL, USA.......................4.60m.........4.25m
M45......Gordan Poljak..............Vancouver, BC, Canada...................N/A...........2.80m
M60......John Altendorf.............Corvallis, OR, USA......................4.00m.........4.02m

Bubba PV
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, High School Coach, College Coach, Former Elite Vaulter, Masters Vaulter, FAN
Lifetime Best: 5.51
Favorite Vaulter: Bubka

Unread postby Bubba PV » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:44 am

I sure am glad we did this. USATF still shows NO entries on the "Status of Entries" page. Great idea Kirk! Bubba
http://www.usatf.org/events/2010/WorldM ... status.asp
Bubba Sparks - www.bubbapv.com

Support Becca & Pole Vault Power

DBH027
PV Nerd
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Masters Vaulter, High School Coach, Former College Coach

Unread postby DBH027 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:59 am

Robert schmitt wrote:
DBH027 wrote:Robert...since you are entered I wanted to see if your offer to transport poles was still good...I vault on Thursday, believe you jump on Wednesday...when do you plan to leave Kamloops?

I have not check on when I jump but, if your are the day after I absolutely plan on staying the night after I jump. Let me know if you would want to ship your poles to me or If I have something you want to use.

Thanks for the reply, I do jump the day after you so it sounds like it will work out...first thank you very much for agreeing to do this, you're doing my a huge favor...I will plan to ship you my poles a week or so before the meet, 4 poles in total...at this early stage don't know which 4 though :D

We can coordinate closer to the meet....

Question for you Bubba, you had a contact who helped me ship poles to Boston a few years ago...who was that and do they still ship poles...

Thanks,
Dan

Bubba PV
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, High School Coach, College Coach, Former Elite Vaulter, Masters Vaulter, FAN

Unread postby Bubba PV » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:10 am

Sure Dan. I ship through my coach, Kris Allison, who is a dealer so he has a corporate account that waives the oversize fees. You can reach him at kris@lonestarpv.com. As always, looking forward to seeing you Dan!! Bubba

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:58 pm

Also check out http://www.flyawaypoles.com/ for shipping poles.

Bubba PV
PV Lover

Unread postby Bubba PV » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:17 pm

I see my check cleared USATF but still no entries listed on the website. Bubba

Bubba PV
PV Lover

Unread postby Bubba PV » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:10 pm

Vaulting prof
PV Fan
Expertise: Masters Vaulter, Former Collegiate vaulter 1963-4, College coach

Unread postby Vaulting prof » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:37 am

I was not successful at the copy and paste entry but wanted to let you know I plan to be vaulting, long jumping and maybe doing the 200m.
M 65, Howard Booth, 3.23 m, 2009

See you in Kamloops
Vaultingprof
Use it or loose it

master
PV Lover

Unread postby master » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:36 pm

Code: Select all

AGE......NAME.......................WHERE FROM.............................2008 PR.......2009 PR
M55......Kirk Bentz.................San Pedro, CA, USA....................................4.15m
M55......Doug Sparks................The Woodlands, TX, USA..................4.10m.........4.02m
M35......Robert Schmitt.............Anacortes, WA, USA......................4.11m.........4.50m
M40......Dan Holton.................Evanston, IL, USA.......................4.60m.........4.25m
M45......Gordan Poljak..............Vancouver, BC, Canada...................N/A...........2.80m
M60......John Altendorf.............Corvallis, OR, USA......................4.00m.........4.02m
M65......Howard Booth...............near Ypsilanti, MI, USA...............................3.23m

(Howard, let me know if anything needs to be changed.)
- master

KirkB
PV Rock Star
Expertise: Former College Vaulter; Former Elite Vaulter; Former Coach; Fan
Lifetime Best: 5.34
Favorite Vaulter: Thiago da Silva

Unread postby KirkB » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:55 pm

John, do you live in Corvallis now? I thought you lived closer to Portland. :confused:

Or did you set your PRs at OSU?

Kirk
Run. Plant. Jump. Stretch. Whip. Extend. Fly. Clear. There is no tuck! THERE IS NO DELAY!

master
PV Lover

Unread postby master » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:57 pm

KirkB wrote:John, do you live in Corvallis now? I thought you lived closer to Portland. :confused:

Or did you set your PRs at OSU?

Kirk

I've lived in Corvallis since 1976 but didn't start jumping again until 2002 or 3. There isn't any competition that takes place in Corvallis so no records here. OSU dropped track years ago. Just coaching HS kids and jumping with them. My outdoor world records have been set at MHCC in Gresham near Portland (2 times) and Hayward Field in Eugene (2 times). My indoor world records were at Dempsey Indoor at UW (2 in same meet), and Reno, PV Summit (1 time).

In college I jumped for U of Portland. My lifetime best is from back then (1967) and is 4.36m. I've collected my vaulting history and put it on the web here. (This was precipitated by Gerard Dumas asking me questions about my past that I couldn't answer.) :confused: The presentation is not very exciting, but some day I hope to make it more fun. :P

- master

Return to “Pole Vault - Masters”