2003 PR

All things masters pole vaulting.

Moderators: Russ, vaultmd

Russ
PV Master

Unread postby Russ » Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:20 pm

I'm in a rush - leaving for FLA for the weekend tomorrow morning (poor me), but I'll try to get this info out.

Brown Univ. All Comers/Age Group Meets: Dec. 23 and Jan 6

According to the flyer, under 18's start at 6:30 and adults start at 8:00. But at the meet this week the gentleman officiating the vault saud that next week he planned to run lowers "folks" at 6:45 and 8 o'clock for the "higher" folks (no ref to drugs, okay).
Contact Rob Rothenberg 401-863-1041 for more info
Check Brown T&F web page for directions

All-Comers Meets at Boston University: Dec. 20, Jan. 4 (there are other dates too, but I can't decipher my own handwriting on the scrap of paper that I've got) They begin at 10 AM. Check the BU T&F web page for more details (sorry I"m not more help here)

Also look at the Greater Boston Track Club website - they list a number of meets.

Sorry I'm in such a rush.

Good luck!
Russ

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

OUvaulterUSAF
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter and then some
Lifetime Best: 5.27m
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Unread postby OUvaulterUSAF » Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:33 pm

Boston University:

Dec. 20 Sat. All Comers 10:00 a.m. (guys start at 9:00 am)
Dec. 27 Sat. All Comers 10:00 a.m. (guys start at 9:00 am)
Jan. 4 Sun. All Comers 10:00 a.m. (guys start at 9:00 am)
Jan. 11 Sun. All Comers 10:00 a.m. (no polevault)

Russ
PV Master

Unread postby Russ » Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:37 am

Hi Everybody,

Thanks to sound advice from Vault'n Gus, I managed to set another 21st Century/2003 PR tonight: I jumped 10-6 at the Brown University all comers meet. My 3rd attempt at 11-0 was pretty close...I'm still learning and figuring out standard depth and which pole to use.

Thanks to evrybody on the board who has been encouraging to me as I've been coming out of my 27-year retirement and patiently enduring multiple injuries (mostly brought on just by old age!).

Merry Christmas to all.
Russ

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

OUvaulterUSAF
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter and then some
Lifetime Best: 5.27m
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Unread postby OUvaulterUSAF » Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:58 am

Good job Russ! I saw your vaulting last night, great stuff.

lonestar
PV Lover

Unread postby lonestar » Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:52 pm

Russ wrote:Hi Everybody,

Thanks to sound advice from Vault'n Gus, I managed to set another 21st Century/2003 PR tonight: I jumped 10-6 at the Brown University all comers meet. My 3rd attempt at 11-0 was pretty close...I'm still learning and figuring out standard depth and which pole to use.

Thanks to evrybody on the board who has been encouraging to me as I've been coming out of my 27-year retirement and patiently enduring multiple injuries (mostly brought on just by old age!).

Merry Christmas to all.

Way to go Russ! Keep up the good work. You should talk to Bob Crites and Marc Herns of Brazoria, TX about coming back from a long layoff. Both those guys were emerging elites in the 70's, Bob at 17'10, Marc at 17'6, and came back about 5 years ago. It wasn't easy for them at first, but they now attend Master's Nationals in Boston every year and now jump in the 14's.
Any scientist who can't explain to an eight-year-old what he is doing is a charlatan. K Vonnegut

Return to “Pole Vault - Masters”