Vaulting In America

News from the collegiate ranks

Moderators: lonpvh, VaultnGus

rizlab
PV Fan

Vaulting In America

Unread postby rizlab » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:09 pm

Hi,
My names Riz and I'm currently a vaulter from the UK. I will be coming to America to train during the dates of 31st March- 22nd of April spending a week in NYC, Yale, Harvard, Penn, and Cornell Respectively. I am currently at University and, it is a visiting trip to train and compete. I am hoping to compete in the Penns ideally. Unfortunately my coach is unavailable to go now, I was wondering whether anyone in this forum is from this Uni that can help me or if anyone could point me in a good direction as to good places to train/help me with training? Much appreciated for your time,
Riz
when i vault high enough, to hit jesus... ill be happy.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Re: Vaulting In America

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:35 pm

My advice is to go to the website of each school you will be visiting and visit their athletics page. Go to the Track and Field page and see if they have a 2012 competition schedule posted so you know when their meets are. Email the head coach or pole vault coach (if you can find their email address) and ask if there is any chance you can use their facilities. You may need to look for a page called "Staff Directory" or something like that to find the coaches email addresses.

Be prepared for a lot of rejections. It's easy enough to use facilities for running, but pole vaulting practice carries a lot of liability and many are not comfortable with outsiders.

If you're on an official trip with your University athletics team, your head coach should be arranging this.

Return to “Pole Vault - College”