Princeton

News from the collegiate ranks

Moderators: lonpvh, VaultnGus

newPVer
PV Pro

Princeton

Unread postby newPVer » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:56 am

I was wondering how good of college this is, jumping wise. I know its #1 for most lists for the 'best' colleges, but how does the track team do there? I think their record is 17-2ish, which is very respectable, but does anyone know of the coaching and facilities?

Thanks
PR- 15-1
Great season, time to top it

princetonvaulter
PV Newbie

Unread postby princetonvaulter » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:48 pm

It is interesting that I found this topic when I did. I am actually a sophmore pole vaulter at Princeton. When I came to Princeton my PR was 16'. Right after my freshman year during the summer I jumped 17', so their ability to develop a vaulter is extremely good. The coaching at Princceton is awesome. We work with Fred Samara, the head coach, who has an overall huge knowledge of the event and track in its entirety. He actually went to the Olympics, only to get injured. The facilities are top-notch as well. Pretty much annually the IC4A Championships are held at our outdoor facility. This meet consists of many of the schools and the northeast, encompassing as far South as Duke and other schools in that region. Feel free to email me at cfaulkne@princeton.edu if you want to talk about the school or its track team.
The only one keeping you from your dream is yourself.

Return to “Pole Vault - College”