DII nats? even though we're the red-headed step child..

News from the collegiate ranks

Moderators: lonpvh, VaultnGus

skyin' pimp
PV Whiz

DII nats? even though we're the red-headed step child..

Unread postby skyin' pimp » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:29 pm

i remember someone wrote lil' blurbs about all the national qualifiers a couple years ago and their thoughts on who was gonna win and who were the challengers.. jonny likey that.. my school has some contenders but, it's gonna be a tough one especially for women.. the last couple weeks we had 2 girls go 4.13 and 4.14.. my puny lil' 4.02 looks not so tough.. but, i think in a boxing match my gilrs would kick the living hell out of anyone, including my mens team.. but, just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on our sucky lil' piece of crap DII meet.. both men and women..
confuscious says: man with four balls doesn't walk

gtc
PV Whiz

Unread postby gtc » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:50 pm

Jon, I think if you put on a red wig and sports bra you might still have a chance to finish in the top 8

cdmilton
PV Follower
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Coach
Lifetime Best: 16-0(4.88)

Unread postby cdmilton » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:16 am

Jon, I was at the U of M when Raines jumped 4.13 and She has a lot more height in her as I think she was pretty tired and took a lot of jumps that day. I would say she is the one to beat having never seen the girl who went 4.14. Good Luck at the meet!
Chris Milton

skyin' pimp
PV Whiz

Unread postby skyin' pimp » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:26 pm

my money is on angie as far as being the one to beat. i've seen both jump several times.. angie won both indoor and outdoor last year, she won drake. she's SOLID. raines is a hell of an athlete but i don't think it'll be her year. and i can never count out hensel or even brooke. brooke has been automatic over 12'9" bars the last couple weeks with some clearances making it look like an opening height. bubka no heighted at an olympics. one never knows who'll reign supreme in a vault comp. unless of course i had that wig, maybe some tissues in a sports bar. shave some key areas. yeah, then my money would be on ME!! top 8, very funny super coop, the rest of the coaching staff here enjoyed that.
confuscious says: man with four balls doesn't walk

Return to “Pole Vault - College”