Iphone Pole Vault App out, Droid Version out also

Got something for sale? Looking to buy something? Post it here, but make sure to read the rules first!

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

CoachAlBerardi
PV Newbie
Expertise: usatf level 1 coach, npvcaa member, club coach, premasters vaulter
Lifetime Best: 5m
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: radion gataullin

Iphone Pole Vault App out, Droid Version out also

Unread postby CoachAlBerardi » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:35 pm

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pole-vau ... 46489?mt=8

https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... vcompanion

the droid app for pole vault is now available on iphone and ipad.

the app is not an 'officials tool' and is recreational, however its down rounding matches the IAAF, USATF and NCAA conversion charts based on the international weights and measures conversions between Imperial and Metric so that you can follow the action this olympics w/ precise calculated conversions, or follow your own kids at their local meet. you can use it durring practice to memorize your standards in cm and inches so going into a meet you are prepared no matter what, and you can get your coach to use it during the meet in case he/she forgets the math. ENJOY!

artparry
PV Fan
Expertise: Masters Vaulter, Former College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 15 ft 1 in
Favorite Vaulter: Former Team Mate Bob Seagren

Re: Iphone Pole Vault App out, Droid Version out also

Unread postby artparry » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:41 pm

I just downloaded the Droid version. It works great! Easy to use. You can set the metric height and it will show the feet/inches or set the feet/inches and get the metric. The only negative is that the app only goes to a height of 6.41 (21 feet). Which is plenty for pole vaulter's. However, since a lot of us are involved with additional events it would be nice to see the conversion scale go higher for use with the long jump and triple jump, shot, javlin, etc.
65 & going strong!

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:53 pm

artparry wrote:I just downloaded the Droid version. It works great! Easy to use. You can set the metric height and it will show the feet/inches or set the feet/inches and get the metric. The only negative is that the app only goes to a height of 6.41 (21 feet). Which is plenty for pole vaulter's. However, since a lot of us are involved with additional events it would be nice to see the conversion scale go higher for use with the long jump and triple jump, shot, javlin, etc.

I believe the plan is to get the app consistent with the official metric/english and english to metric conversions for pole vault. Vertical jumps use different conversions than horizontal jumps and throws, and long throws are a little different than short throws. So what you're asking may be a little outside the scope of what this particular app is trying to do.

CB
PV Whiz
Expertise: PV Coach

Unread postby CB » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:28 am

Is it possible to start at 6 feet instead of 9 feed in bar height.

In Europe we have a lot of questions about the weight label of the pole. So maybe another conversion can be added. Conversion of pole vault poles from LBS to KG. Starting at 70 LBS / 32 kg and ending at 220 LBS / 100 kg.

Return to “Sales Forum”