LETTERS TO ESSX #1

Got something for sale? Looking to buy something? Post it here, but make sure to read the rules first!

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

Bruce Caldwell
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: It is all about Pole Vaulting. I even catch the competitors poles!
Lifetime Best: 15'8"
Favorite Vaulter: Kjell Issakson, Jan Johnson

LETTERS TO ESSX #1

Unread postby Bruce Caldwell » Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:10 am

LETTER SEND IN
I have been talking with a buddy of mine about your essx poles and have been vaulting on a 14'1" 173.8lbs pole with a 16.6 flex. I am holding at a 13'10" hand grip on this pole and vaulting 15' flat in competition. I weigh 148.5lbs and i am 5'6" tall. In your professional opinion i was wondering what type of new pole i should buy? I would like to buy a new essx pole to vault on but don't know if i should get a 14'7" or 15'1" pole. I also am currently vaulting on a 15' 150lbs ucs/spirit pole but i am blowing through on both the essx and my ucs/spirit pole. My school has also said that they would pay for this pole if you can give us a pricing, including shipping handling and estimate of time. I would be very greatful if you could help me out on getting a new pole to vault on. Thank you for your time.
OUR ANSWER

Hello,

How this works is this you take the power number of the ESSX and subtract two when you go to the next length pole
example: 430/79 -2= 77 so the next progression pole is a 445/77 14'7"- 169 with a one fist increase in grip.

To compare it to the Spirit you have an equal will be a 75 power ( 77-2=75) in a 15'- 165. so if you're spirit is a 150 it is too soft for you.

We recommend power before length.

Did that put it all into perspective?
We recommend a 445/77 and a 445-79
Price is 365.00 each freight for one shipment is $100.00.
Bruce Caldwell

LETTER #2
LETTER SENT IN
Hi,

My son is a in high school and is wanting to pole vault for the school. The problem is that the school does not have a pole rated for 185 LB. His weight is 185 and used a 15' pole last year when he was lighter. I am wondering if essxsport has a retired model pole that he could use for the spring semester. If there is a pole that he could use please advise. We would pick it up and pay what ever is a fair for this special pole to fit.

Thanks,

OUR ANSWER

We recommend a 12'4" 187 test pole. (ESSX 375/85)
We can make it and ship it to you or you can pick it up in Jonesboro at Earl Bells.

Price will be 265.00 plus freight of $100.00 or if you pick it up at Earl Bells $265.00

I will need you to pay for the pole to Earl Bell 1-800-753-7332 before we build it as it is custom pole.

Bruce

Return to “Sales Forum”