REPLY to QUESTION FOR ESSX

Got something for sale? Looking to buy something? Post it here, but make sure to read the rules first!

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

Bruce Caldwell
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: It is all about Pole Vaulting. I even catch the competitors poles!
Lifetime Best: 15'8"
Favorite Vaulter: Kjell Issakson, Jan Johnson

REPLY to QUESTION FOR ESSX

Unread postby Bruce Caldwell » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:07 pm

Carolina21 wrote:Hey I was just curious about the new essx carbon poles, specifically about their carry-weight. How do they compare to UCS Spirits, Pacer Carbon FX's, etc in similar lengths (mainly the bigger ones like the 4.80's, 4.90's, and 5 meter poles).

The comments in this post are Bruce Caldwell's answers to the question above.... We moved the answer to this forum to fairly answer and not be considered an ad for our product.
For those who would say it was this is my 1 ST ad for DEC. GRIN)

[color=blue][b]We are close in total weight. Pacer CARBON FX does have an advantage in the carry weight area by at least an estimated 1% (Comparison 15’ and 16'5â€Â
Last edited by Bruce Caldwell on Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love the PV, it is in my DNA

tim hutzley
PV Pro

Unread postby tim hutzley » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:14 pm

whats p glass and s glass?

Carolina21
PV Whiz
Expertise: Former Elite Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 5.59

Unread postby Carolina21 » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:24 pm

Thanks, sounds like the carbons should be a nice addition. I was curious since I may need to start building my own set of poles once I am through with college, which can be quite expensive so I want to get the most bang for my buck. If they are that close to the FX's carry weight I am sure they are very light. I was pretty amazed how light the FX's were when I had a chance to try them, hopefully I can try one of the essx carbons before too long. I have been jumping Spirits from the get go, and they can really get heavy, but I really like the way the spirits work for me. I have only jumped on one essx and it was a small 15 I totally blew through so I couldn't tell too much about it. I guess I am trying to decide what pole to use. Anyways thanks for the info, I appreciate it.
-Rise to the occasion
PR: 18' 4.0

Bruce Caldwell
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: It is all about Pole Vaulting. I even catch the competitors poles!
Lifetime Best: 15'8"
Favorite Vaulter: Kjell Issakson, Jan Johnson

E GLASS S GLASS

Unread postby Bruce Caldwell » Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:24 pm

tim hutzley wrote:whats p glass and s glass?

E glass is glass kind of economy glass it is cheaper and is not as stiff per square inch of material as S glass.
Once used in fishing poles and earlier vaulting poles.

As the need for a lighter stronger product emerged to accommodate market needs "S' Glass sport glass used in many sport application came in to being it was stiffer per square inch and you used a bit less to produce the same size pole as E glass. If is more expensive.

Carbon is a much stiffer material so the object is to produce a pole with all the flexural properties and use less material. It is much more expensive to use and we are using material design for the aerospace industry.

We some time use all three sometimes just two to balance the stiffness ratios and provide a product that is the lightest.

Our fusion process will give us a good laminate of the blends or hybrids as some call them with less fatigue.

Bruce
I love the PV, it is in my DNA

Return to “Sales Forum”