K-Mart blue light special on Pacer poles

Got something for sale? Looking to buy something? Post it here, but make sure to read the rules first!

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

achtungpv
PV Rock Star

K-Mart blue light special on Pacer poles

Unread postby achtungpv » Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:38 pm

Who knew you could buy Pacer poles from K-Mart?

http://www.kmart.com/searchHandler/inde ... pole+vault
"You have some interesting coaching theories that seem to have little potential."

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:41 pm

Boy they let anyone be a dealer these days :P

zack

Unread postby zack » Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:49 pm

Yikes :eek:

frozensteele
PV Nerd

Unread postby frozensteele » Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:54 pm

K-Mart??? Wow, what a strange world we live in!

njvaulter
PV Whiz

Unread postby njvaulter » Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:03 pm

das_1971
PV Whiz
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, bum
Lifetime Best: smthing lo
Favorite Vaulter: Don Pablo Espanol

Unread postby das_1971 » Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:22 am

can I get a set of those martha stewert towels with that pole?
Ow

theflyingkorean
PV Follower

Unread postby theflyingkorean » Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:42 am

LOL Yeah...I'd like a few cans of redbull with that pole...and how about you throw in some matresses for pads? and a bucket for a boX?

~jj~
PV Whiz

pole sources and big-box stores

Unread postby ~jj~ » Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:29 am

You guys laugh about buying poles at k-mart....but did you know that the origional training poles (very popular in the 80's and 90's) was actually extruded electrical conduit? Which could be purchased at any electrial supply store?
~jj~ :o

Bruce Caldwell
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: It is all about Pole Vaulting. I even catch the competitors poles!
Lifetime Best: 15'8"
Favorite Vaulter: Kjell Issakson, Jan Johnson

you are half right!!

Unread postby Bruce Caldwell » Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:44 am

~jj~ wrote:You guys laugh about buying poles at k-mart....but did you know that the origional training poles (very popular in the 80's and 90's) was actually extruded electrical conduit? Which could be purchased at any electrial supply store?
~jj~ :o

You are half right!
It was only available in an 8 foot length ( Which was too stiff to jump on) and they did not test them as I did on a machine for structural integrity. Most of the parts had a tool on the end. The ones I got were what they called rejects. They set up a nozzle on each end and if an electrical charge of about 75,000 volts made contact at each end then the pole had moisture and conductivity, so they could not use it. This happened often and I was able to get many poles 24'9" long to cut in half at 12'4" and test, label and place a pole tip in it. I also set and marked the soft side.

However in 1985, we made one with a honeycomb insert and one hollow soon after that. The object at that time was to fill the needs of the industry. Jan Johnson had specialized with this pole at his Camps every year. He had set up many training ideas with the training pole, and did a great job of marketing this product.

When the other manufacturers made soft poles as a sub for this trainer the market opened even more, however this type was not promoted as a short run or short approach product and many jumped on pits that were not long enough in the back and many developed injuries. Even many used my short run trainer with a long run and the pole over bent.
The NFHS has banned these poles and I feel that now that we have longer back pits we should re-consider them in short lengths. 11' & 12' only

HELLO JAN JOHNSON I DID NOT KNOW THIS WAS YOU WHEN I WROTE IT!!! :yes: :) Glad to see you on the site!
Last edited by Bruce Caldwell on Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

achtungpv
PV Rock Star

Unread postby achtungpv » Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:13 pm

ESSX had an interesting point in an email...Does the K-Mart 30 day return policy apply to poles? If so, I'd buy all my poles from the big K. Outgrow it, return it. If it breaks, return it within 30 days because it's defective. I'm sure the mongoloid in customer service wouldn't have a clue and would refund your money with a receipt from the K-Mart website.
"You have some interesting coaching theories that seem to have little potential."

Return to “Sales Forum”