College Freshman Athletes?

News about national level high school pole vaulting, pole vaulters, rules, etc. Things that are of local interest only should go in the regional forums below. High schoolers wanting to chat should go to the High School Lounge.

Moderators: Robert schmitt, Russ

jhesch
PV Pro

College Freshman Athletes?

Unread postby jhesch » Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:05 pm

So who all from the board will be vaulting in college their freshman year? If so, what college, what division, and are you getting a scholarship? As of right now I will likely be vaulting at UNM with coach Scott Steffan which I'm stoked about considering my performance the end of this year.

AVCPV
PV Newbie

Unread postby AVCPV » Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:37 am

Scott is a great guy and coach. You will have a lot of fun.
-- Don't leave anything in the bag!

vaultmom
PV Fan

freshman

Unread postby vaultmom » Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:36 pm

I have know Matt Henry for years. They have a nice program there. Have a good year
Bob's Mom
Raise the bar

jhesch
PV Pro

Unread postby jhesch » Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:58 pm

Matt Henry's brother, Roben Henry is actually my boss (he's the head of cabq Aquatics or somethin like that) welll hes a great guy and ive spoken a bit with one of his bros, im not sure who is who, but the head track coach @ UNM (not the distance coach) and he seems to be just as nice. i look forward to seein how track goes!

ChicksnSticks
PV Newbie

Unread postby ChicksnSticks » Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:19 am

I'm headed to ISU (Idaho State University) and I don't have a scholarship yet but with the improvements I've made over the summer (over 2 feet) hopefully I will have one in the near future. :D
"Wanna Joust?"

Return to “Pole Vault - High School”