GOLDEN WEST INVITATIONAL

News about national level high school pole vaulting, pole vaulters, rules, etc. Things that are of local interest only should go in the regional forums below. High schoolers wanting to chat should go to the High School Lounge.

Moderators: Robert schmitt, Russ

fly right
PV Newbie
Expertise: level 1, usoc/usatf elite coaches clinic attendee, HS / college caoch
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Tye Harvey

GOLDEN WEST INVITATIONAL

Unread postby fly right » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:54 pm

The Golden West Invitational has new management and has relocated to Edwards Stadium at UC Berkeley. It will be a two day meet with trials on Saturday and finals on Sunday. The top three finishers in the California State Championships will be given automatic entry with a $250 travel stipend and the top two out of state finishers for each event in their respective states will also be given automatic entry with a $500 travel stipend.

Great venue, top national level competition, excellent dining, lodging and tourism opportunities (20 minutes from downtown SF) and the opportunity to have all of this paid for. What could be better than that?

goldenwestinvitational.com for details

fly right
PV Newbie
Expertise: level 1, usoc/usatf elite coaches clinic attendee, HS / college caoch

Re: GOLDEN WEST INVITATIONAL

Unread postby fly right » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:19 pm

One correction: the website is: goldenwestinvitational.org

fly right
PV Newbie

Re: GOLDEN WEST INVITATIONAL

Unread postby fly right » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:32 pm

Another correction.......please bear with me, I will get this right eventually.

The two top national leaders in each event will get a $500 travel stipend and automatic entry into the Sunday finals. The top three finishers from each state can petition for a performance based travel stipend of $500 / $300 / $200 for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. goldenwestinvitational.org explains it very clearly or at least much better than I can. OK I'm going to sign off before I cause any more confusion.

Return to “Pole Vault - High School”