New to Vaulting

News about national level high school pole vaulting, pole vaulters, rules, etc. Things that are of local interest only should go in the regional forums below. High schoolers wanting to chat should go to the High School Lounge.

Moderators: Robert schmitt, Russ

mala1967
PV Newbie
Expertise: Dad
Lifetime Best: 3'10"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: My Daughter

New to Vaulting

Unread postby mala1967 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:47 am

My daughter started vaulting this year and really enjoyed it. We live in cleveland ohio and would like to find off season training and coaching for her to improve. Does anyone know of any training and coaching in my area.

Thanks

Alan

wfpv
PV Beginner
Expertise: Sophmore high school vaulter
Lifetime Best: 11 feet
Favorite Vaulter: Shawn Francis

Re: New to Vaulting

Unread postby wfpv » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:10 am

Idk much about the area but I'm sure there is a USA track and field team in Cleveland that probably has some offseason jumping. Hope it helps!

Tom Andersson
PV Newbie
Expertise: former college vaulter, high school coach
Lifetime Best: 15'6"
Favorite Vaulter: Billy Olson

Re: New to Vaulting

Unread postby Tom Andersson » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:20 am

In the greater Cleveland area you have a few options - On the east side - check with Spire Institute. I am not sure of what they offer, but it is an amazing facility. Down south there is a club in Orrville - http://industrialvault.com/Home_Page.html. I have never seen this club, but have watched them turn out state champions over the past few years. Out west in Oberlin there is the Pole vault factory, and further west in Bellevue is Altitude Headquarters. I know these clubs well and recommend both.

Return to “Pole Vault - High School”