Wristband Rule

News about national level high school pole vaulting, pole vaulters, rules, etc. Things that are of local interest only should go in the regional forums below. High schoolers wanting to chat should go to the High School Lounge.

Moderators: Robert schmitt, Russ

1yeldud1
PV Pro

Unread postby 1yeldud1 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:54 pm

vaultdad - what have you been up to - Saw both of your kids in the stands at the state meet was wondering where the "old man" was hiding at ????? I'm guessing that Vaultgrrrl is Amy ??

marshall
PV Nerd
Expertise: Current College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 4.70
Favorite Vaulter: Scott Roth

Unread postby marshall » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:00 pm

a ref in a football game once made me go to the sideline and takeoff an elbow brace because he said it was a weapon. ehhh, some regulations are insane...

Vaultgrrrl
PV Newbie
Expertise: High School Coach

Unread postby Vaultgrrrl » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:23 pm

1yeldud1 wrote:I'm guessing that Vaultgrrrl is Amy ??

You guess correct. ;)

I figured the issue at state was probably the size of the logo, but I wasn't close enough to hear the discussion, and it made me curious (as all of my arm guards are from Bell's). Hence, the email to MSHSAA. I wanted to make sure I knew the answer in case it comes up in a regular season meet next spring.

1yeldud1
PV Pro

Unread postby 1yeldud1 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:42 am

I've never seen a vaulter refused to wear a arm pad in a regular season meet - I have seen several using a sweat band as a arm guard asked to just turn them inside out to hide a large logo.

gfilosa
PV Wannabe
Expertise: High School Coach

Unread postby gfilosa » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:19 pm

I checked with the head of the track officials association here in MD, and he said a forearm protector is a legal piece of equipment.

I saw a lot of people wearing them in videos, but never saw someone wearing it in a meet. I have noticed bruises on my female vaulter's forearm so I will be having her wear one in the future. I think I will have to keep a copy of the email with me in case I run into a problem. Any suggestions on where to get them. I found one via a google search, but was wondering in there were other places to buy them.

hawaiianpvr
PV Newbie

Unread postby hawaiianpvr » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:33 am

Its freakin ridiculous
I went to the CIF meet this year and I had taped my wristband on thinking that they wouldn’t care [[and so that they couldnt see it]]
Then the official came up to me and almost disqualified me for “being defiant towards the rules.â€
run, jump and vault.

Return to “Pole Vault - High School”